- Volume 17 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Survey and Improvement Scheme for Safety Certification System of Temporary Equipment and Materials
가설기자재 관련 안전인증제도 실태조사 및 개선방안
- Won, Bang-Hee (Department of Service Safety, Gyeonggi Northern Area Office, KOSHA) ;
- Yoon, Kyeong-Won (Department of Civil & Urban Engineering, Inje University) ;
- Jeon, Sang-Soo (Department of Civil & Urban Engineering, Inje University)
- Received : 2016.04.04
- Accepted : 2016.07.07
- Published : 2016.07.31
In this study, the systems and standards for temporary equipment and materials established in domestic and foreign countries are examined to provide improvement schemes and to insure their safety. Statistical analyses of the data obtained from the internet and/or field visit surveys of employees working in manufacturing, leasing, and construction companies related to temporary equipment and materials and improvement schemes were conducted to evaluate the implementation of a safety certification system for currently used temporary equipment and materials. This safety certification system has been enforced since 2009, but the number of accidents at construction sites, which are reported by the 'serious accident cases and measures in construction sites' group of the Korea Occupational Safety & Health Agency (KOSHA), has increased. The respondents' answers regarding the suitability of the items, which are required for the safety certification of the equipment and materials, were 'yes (36%)', 'no (30%)', and 'unknown (35%)'. Less than half of the answers regarding the current system were positive and most of the respondents answered that the current system does not reflect the evolution of the construction environment. A system is needed to approve items certified in foreign countries and newly developed materials and items, in addition to the (automatic) registration for the reuse of temporary equipment and materials, and improvements are needed in their safety. In this study, after examining the size and practicability of the items requiring approval from the current system, the certification methods are reevaluated and improvement schemes are provided for the system.
- Hyangjeon Kim, Shinwon Paik, "A Study on the Cause Analysis of Fall Accidents at Temporary Construction Sites", Journal of the Korean Society of Safety, Vol.25, No.1 pp. 62-64, 2010.
- T.K. Oh, Y.G .Kim, M.G. Lee, S.W. Paik, I.S. Woo, C.G. Song, "A Study on the Design Change of High-Risk TemPorary Structures", Journal of the Korean Society of Safety, Vol.29, No.1 pp. 37-40, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.14346/JKOSOS.2014.29.1.037 https://doi.org/10.14346/JKOSOS.2014.29.1.037
- Jin Seop Lee, Myeong Gu Lee, Dong Yul Lee, Tae Keun Oh, "A study on the Improvement of Effectiveness of KOSHA 19001 in Construction Industry", Journal of the Korean Society of Safety, Vol.30, No.3 pp. 80-84, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.14346/JKOSOS.2015.30.3.80 https://doi.org/10.14346/JKOSOS.2015.30.3.80
- Korea Occupational Safety & Health Agency, "Fatal Accident Cases and Measures in Construction Sites", Report 129 p., 2016.
- Y.S. Lee, M.G. Lee, Y.G. Kim, S.W. Paik, C.G. Song, D.H. Han, T.K. Oh, "The Analysis of the Current Situation in Design Change of Temporary Structures", Journal of the Korean Society of Safety, Vol.29, No.2 pp. 45-52, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.12812/ksms.2014.16.1.45 https://doi.org/10.14346/JKOSOS.2014.29.2.045
- Sang-Wook Park, Jun-Mo Park, Ok-Kyue Kim, "The Classification Plan on Safety Certification System of Temporary Equipment", Korea Journal of Construction Engineering and Management conference, pp. 799-804, 2008.
- Lee, Jeong-Seok, Choe, Jin-U, "A Feasibility Study of Safety Cetification for Finished Product of Febricated Temporary", Proceedings of the Safety Management and Science 2013 fall Conference, pp. 39-48, 2013.
- Beop-Su Kim, Jun-Mo Park, Ok-Kyue Kim, Soon-Seop Kwak, Byeong-Ju Choi, Gil-Ho Song, "Improvement of Safety Certification System related on Construction Temporary Equipment", The Regional Association of Architectural Institute of Korea, pp. 319-322, 2011.
- NEWSIS, Sequential Safety Accident, Questionab-le job performance Lotte Construction Co. [cited Mar. 26, 2015] Available from http://www.newsis.com/ar_detail/view.html?ar_id=NISX20150326_0013560530&cID=10401&pID=10400 (accessed Jul. 2, 2015)
- NEWSIS, Police "Possibility of inappropriate ins-tallment of temporary Sadang Complex Gymnasium" search and confiscation of four companies [cited Feb. 13, 2015] Available from http://www.newsis.com/ar_detail/view.html?ar_id=NISX20150213_0013478528&cID=10201&pID=10200 (accessed Jul. 2, 2015)
- Daejeonilbo, Causes of three deaths at a construction site of an university in Cheonan city[cited Jul. 6, 2015] Available from http://www.daejonilbo.com/news/newsitem.asp?pk_no=1176862 (accessed Jul. 7, 2015)
- Kyungbookmaeil, Scaffolding collapse of newly constructed science and technology high school in Pohang city [cited Jun. 11, 2014] Available from http://m.kbmaeil.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=322550 (accessed Jun. 3, 2015)
- A.S. Yassin, J.F. Martonik, "The effectiveness of the revised scaffold safety standard in the construction industry", Safety Science, Vol. 42, No. 10, pp. 921-931, 2004. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ssci.2004.05.001 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ssci.2004.05.001
- OSHA "Scaffold use in the construction industry", Report, 25 p., 2002.
- WORKSAFE "Scaffolding best practice guideline for scaffolding in new zealand", Report, 105 p., 2009.
- CISRS "General information booklet", Report, 60 p., 2013.