- Volume 17 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Research on the Ammunition Automatic Test Algorithm for Improving Safety & Reliability of 40mm Grenade(K212) Fuze
40mm 고속유탄(K212) 신관의 안전성 및 신뢰성 강화를 위한 탄약 자동화검사 알고리즘에 관한 연구
- Ju, Jin-Chun (Defense Agency for Technology and Quality) ;
- Kweon, Mee-Sun (BNSoft Incorporated) ;
- Kim, Sang-Min (Boeun Plant, Hanwha Corporation) ;
- Ahn, Nam-Su (Department of Industrial Management, Ulsan College)
- Received : 2016.06.17
- Accepted : 2016.07.07
- Published : 2016.07.31
Because fuses have many parts, human error can occur during visual inspections. This paper proposes an automatic ammunition test algorithm for preventing human error during an inspection. The automatic ammunition test algorithm consists of the following three steps. First, the image input and preprocessing step is where an inspection image is rotated using an image rotation algorithm and the image is converted to a binary image. Second, the inspection step of arming determines if the ammunition is armed using Masked Template Matching algorithm, etc. Third, the inspection step of the parts determines if the parts are omitted using an image searching algorithm, etc. The arming or parts omission of the fuse are detected efficiently using the ammunition automatic test algorithm. The ammunition automatic test algorithm is expected to help improve the safety and reliability of 40 mm grenade fuse.
Grant : 품질경영
Supported by : 국방기술품질원
- "40mm grenade(K212) ammunition malfunction report", Ammunition Support Command, Nov. 10, 2011.
- YongHwa Kim, "The report of 40mm grenade safety inspection result", Defense Agency for Technology and Quality, Dec. 30, 2015.
- YoungHo Yoon, et. al., "The study on improvement of ATE reliability in production phase", Journal of the Institute of Electronics Engineers of Korea, Vol.47, No.6, 2010. 11.
- "Ammunition, standard quality assurance provisions, general specifications(KDS 1395-1028-1)", Agency for Defense Development, July 31, 2012.
- "FUZE PIBD - M549A1, less spitback assembly(MILDTL-0032175(AR))", U.S. Department of Defense, April, 26, 2004.
- YoungHo Yoon, et. al., "Research on ATE development process standardization", Defense Agency for Technology and Quality, Nov. 2010.
- Rafael C. Gonzalez, Richard E. woods, "Digital image processing", 3rd. Addition, Addison Wesley, 2008.
- Minchul Jung, "Machine-printed numeral recognition using weighted template matching", Journal of Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 10, No. 3, pp.554-559, 2009. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2009.10.3.554 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2009.10.3.554
- M. Cole, et. al., "Visual object recognition using template matching", Australian conference on robotics, 2004.
- Min-Seok Choi, et. al., "A novel two stage template matching method for rotation and illumination invariance", Journal of Pattern Recognition, Jan. 2002. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0031-3203(01)00025-5 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0031-3203(01)00025-5
- C Heipke, "Overview of image matching techniques", OEEPE Official Publication, 1996.