- Volume 40 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Effect of Clothing Interest on Party Preference and the Construction of Party Unities according to Party Wear Types
의복 관심이 파티 선호에 미치는 영향과 파티복 유형별 파티 통일체 구성
- Kwon, Yeji (Dept. of Materials Design Engineering, Kumoh National Institute of Technology) ;
- Kim, Na Young (Dept. of Materials Design Engineering, Kumoh National Institute of Technology) ;
- Chung, Ihn Hee (Dept. of Materials Design Engineering, Kumoh National Institute of Technology)
- Received : 2016.03.02
- Accepted : 2016.04.27
- Published : 2016.08.31
This study investigated the effect of clothing interest on party preference and suggested four party unities according to party wear types. A hypothesized model based on consumer innovativeness, clothing interest, party benefit, party interest and party preference was tested to determine the effect of clothing interest on party preference. Party unities were constructed according to party wear types along with party place, party food, and party music. Data was collected through two online surveys. The population of the survey was female consumers in their twenties. Descriptive statistics, factor analysis, reliability, correlations, and regressions were applied to the data of 305 samples. As a result, positive tendency toward consumer innovativeness, clothing interest, party benefit, party interest and party preference was observed in young female consumers with significant relations among five variables. Party preference was well-explained from the hypothesized research model, but the direct path from clothing interest to party interest was identified as insignificant. The most preferred party elements of place, food, music and wear was garden, barbecue, house music and mini dress, respectively. Four party unities according to party wear types were constructed and suggested based on the correlation analysis results between party wear and other party elements. The concept of party unity is useful to establish marketing strategies such as advertising and experience marketing in the party wear industry.
Supported by : 금오공과대학교
- Assael, H. (1998). Consumer behavior and marketing action (6th ed.). Cincinnati, OH: South-Western college publishing.
- Bae, H. J., & Chung, I. H. (2006). The desired self-images and the fashion product unities of male college students according to situation. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 30(7), 1135-1145.
- Basic Korean Dictionary. (2016). Party. National Institute of Korean Language. Retrieved January 27, 2016, from http://stdweb2.korean.go.kr/search/View.jsp
- Chong, Y., & Kim, S. H. (2004). Exploratory analysis on attributes of party planning and comparisons of customers' perception for party planning. Journal of the Korean Society of Food Culture, 19(5), 532-543.
- Chung, I. H. (2011). Fashion marketing. Seoul: Sigongart.
- Chung, I. H. (2015). Clothing expense, consumer innovativeness and perceived risk of male and female customers of various fashion retail channels. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 39(5), 714-727. doi:10.5850/JKSCT.2015.39.5.714 https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2015.39.5.714
- Cotte, J., & Wood, S. L. (2004). Families and innovative consumer behavior: A triadic analysis of sibling and parental influence. Journal of Consumer Research, 31(1), 78-86. doi:10.1086/383425 https://doi.org/10.1086/383425
- Davis, T., & Gregory, G. (2003). Creating Diderot unities - quest for possible selves? Journal of Consumer Marketing, 20(1), 44-54. doi:10.1108/07363760310456946 https://doi.org/10.1108/07363760310456946
- Doopedia. (2016). House music. Doosan Corporation. Retrieved February 29, 2016, from http://www.doopedia.co.kr/doopedia/master/master.do?_method=view&MAS_IDX=110406001186911
- Hjort, K., & Lantz, B. (2012). (R)e-tail borrowing of party dresses: an experimental study. International Journal of Retail & Distribution Management, 40(12), 997-1012. doi:10.1108/09590551211274964 https://doi.org/10.1108/09590551211274964
- Jun, D., & Rhee, E. Y. (2008). The effects of adult women's innate innovativeness on involvement and fashion innovativeness. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 32(11), 1739-1749. https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2008.32.11.1739
- Jun, D., & Rhee, E. Y. (2009). The effects of fashion innovativeness and style-innovation attributes on fashion adoption. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 33(10), 1564-1574. https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2009.33.10.1564
- Jung, H. J. (2006). A study on the satisfaction of party participants. Unpublished master's thesis, Kyonggi University, Suwon.
- Jung, J. S. (2015). Table coordinate_Wedding & party. Paju: Gyomoon Publishers.
- Kim, J. Y., Ryu, M. H., Jang, H. J., Hwang, J. H., & Oh, J. B. (2014). New table & food coordinate. Paju: Gyomoon Publishers.
- Kotler, P., & Keller, K. (2009). Marketing management (13th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall.
- Lee, H. (2014). The style classification and the pursuit of party space design preferences according to the benefits. Unpublished master's thesis, Korea University, Seoul.
- Lee, M. J. (2011). A study on design development of party dress according to the type of party culture in Korea. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Ewha Womans University, Seoul.
- Lee, M. J., & Lee, I. S. (2012). Party wear industry conditions in Korea and the analysis of dress style according to party types. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 36(1), 12-26. doi:10.5850/JKSCT.2012.36.1.12 https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2012.36.1.12
- Lee, Y. R., Kim, S. H., & Ahn, S. C. (2009). A study on the difference in the importance of spatial presentation and food among potential customers of a party by patterns of eating lifestyle. The Korean Journal of Culinary Research, 15(2), 282-297.
- Lee, Y. Y., & Kahng, H. (1982). The relationship between body cathexis and clothing behavior of Korean middle-aged women. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 6(2), 17-24.
- Min, J. Y. (2006). A study on the space- direction of corporate party. Unpublished master's thesis, Sookmyung Women's University, Seoul.
- O, J. H., & Lee, I. (2010). Analysis of domestic woman character casual brand design for party wear design development. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 34(5), 856-865. https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2010.34.5.856
- O, J. H., & Lee, I. (2011). Analysis of design for domestic internet shopping malls party wear design development. The Research Journal of the Costume Culture, 19(3), 542-555. https://doi.org/10.29049/rjcc.2011.19.3.542
- Omojuwa, A. (2014). An enhancement of qualitative education through dress code among students in Nigeria Tetiary Institutions: Christian ethical implications. Review of Higher Education & Self-Learning, 7(25), 1-12.
- Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary. (2016). Party. Oxford University Press. Retrieved February 3, 2016, from http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/learner/party
- Oxford Dictionary. (2016). Party. Oxford University Press. Retrieved February 3, 2016, from http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/party?q=PARTY
- Seo, S., & Lee, Y. (2008). The effects of consumers' attitude toward party on dress code receptiveness. Journal of the Korean Society of Costume, 58(1), 104-115.
- 즐거운 파티문화를 주도하는 파티플래너는 어떻게 만들어질까? [How to become a party planner and leader of joyful party culture?]. (2014, August 27). Beauty Hankook. Retrieved March 25, 2016, from http://www.beautyhankook.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=25573
- 파티산업의 활성화, 파티플래너과 폭넓은 진로선택의 길 열려 [Vitalization of party industry offers a wide range of career opportunities to the graduates of department of party planner]. (2016, January 22). Energy Economy. Retrieved March 25, 2016, from http://www.ekn.kr/news/article.html?no=196721
- 푸드스타일리스트학과, 파티플래너과 등 이색학과 눈길 [Unique departments such as department of food stylist and department of party planner catch our eyes]. (2012, December 17). Daily UNN. Retrieved March 25, 2016, from http://news.unn.net/news/articleView.html?idxno=117918