- Volume 22 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Design and Realization of Distributed Real-time Message Management Scheme for Naval Combat System Development Tool
함정 전투 시스템 개발 툴을 위한 분산 실시간 메시지 관리 기법 설계 및 구현
- Im, Jin Yong (Department of IT Convergence, Kumoh National Institute of Technology) ;
- Kim, Dong Seong (Department of Electronic Engineering, Kumoh National Institute of Technology) ;
- Song, Kyung Sub (Group of Base System, Hanwha Thales) ;
- Choi, Yoon Suk (Group of Base System, Hanwha Thales)
- Received : 2016.01.25
- Accepted : 2016.06.14
- Published : 2016.07.01
This paper proposes the design of a novel distributed message management scheme using a message-oriented management and analysis tool (MOMAT) for naval combat system (NCS) middle-ware. If a message is not guaranteed real-time of the NCS with each node, it causes the loss of data and decreases the reliability of systems. To solve these problems, improved message management schemes are proposed. Message management schemes are considering a real-time user management scheme and a real-time traffic management scheme. The proposed schemes are simulated with a developed simulation tool, data publisher, and subscriber connected through nodes in middle-ware. The simulation results show improved results in terms of message round-trip time (RTT), End-to-End delay, and throughput.
Supported by : 정보통신기술진흥센터
- D.-S. Kim and S.-K. Huh, "Distributed contorl communication technology for naval combat system," The Korean Institute of Information and Communication Sciences (in Korean), vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 47-53, 2012.
- G. S. Joo, "Combat system development and direction of improvement for network centric warfare," Journal of The Institute of Electronics and Information Engineers (in Korean), vol. 37, no. 11, pp. 1123-1134, 2010.
- J. Yu and J. Park, "A message management system for cooperative message-based interface development," Journal of Korean Institute of Information Scientists and Engineers (in Korean), vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 609-613, 2009.
- W. Kang, K. Kapitanova, and S. H. Son, "RDDS: A real-time data distribution service for cyber-physical systems," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 393-405, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TII.2012.2183878
- H. A. Putra and D.-S. Kim, "Node discovery scheme of DDS for combat management system," Computer Standards & Interfaces, vol. 37, pp. 20-28, Jan. 2015. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.csi.2014.05.002
- K. S. Song, D. S. Kim, and Y. S. Choi, "A design of message oriented management and analysis tool for naval combat systems," Journal of Electronics and Information Engineers (in Korean), vol. 51, no. 2, pp. 437-444, 2014.
- M. G. Valls, I. R. Lopez, and L. F. Villar, "iLand: An enhanced middleware for real-time reconfiguration of service oriented distributed real-time systems," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 228-236, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TII.2012.2198662
- D. H. Choi and D.-S. Kim, "Maximum allowable delay bounds and real-time scheduling method of networked discrete-time control systems," Journal of Control, Automation and Systems Engineering, vol. 12, no. 7, pp. 719-727, 2006. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2006.12.7.719
- OMG Available Specification, "Data distribution service for real-time systems version 1.2," Manual of Object management Group, 1.2 formal, 07-01-01 edition 2007.
- K. D. Kim and P. R. Kumar, "Real-time middleware for networked control systems and application to an unstable systems," IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, vol. 21, no. 5, pp. 1898-1906, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCST.2012.2207386
- K. S. Song, D.-S. Kim, Y. S. Choi, and S. K. Heu, "Transmission scheme for naval control networks with real-time traffic," The 14th Conference on Electronics & Information Communications (in Korean), pp. 147-150, 2012.
- H.-M. Lee and D.-S. Kim, "Insect-inspired algorithm for zone radius determination of ad-hoc networks," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems, vol. 20, no. 10, pp. 1079-1084, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2014.14.8015
- D.-H. Noh and D.-S. Kim, "Markov model-driven in real-time faulty node detection for naval distributed control networked systems," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems, vol. 20, no. 11, pp. 1131-1135, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2014.14.8019