- Volume 22 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Navigation System of UUV Using Multi-Sensor Fusion-Based EKF
융합된 다중 센서와 EKF 기반의 무인잠수정의 항법시스템 설계
- Park, Young-Sik (Department of Electronic and Electric and Computer Engineering, Pusan National University) ;
- Choi, Won-Seok (Department of Electronic and Electric and Computer Engineering, Pusan National University) ;
- Han, Seong-Ik (Department of Electronic and Electric and Computer Engineering, Pusan National University) ;
- Lee, Jang-Myung (Department of Electronic and Electric and Computer Engineering, Pusan National University)
- Received : 2015.12.16
- Accepted : 2016.06.02
- Published : 2016.07.01
This paper proposes a navigation system with a robust localization method for an underwater unmanned vehicle. For robust localization with IMU (Inertial Measurement Unit), a DVL (Doppler Velocity Log), and depth sensors, the EKF (Extended Kalman Filter) has been utilized to fuse multiple nonlinear data. Note that the GPS (Global Positioning System), which can obtain the absolute coordinates of the vehicle, cannot be used in the water. Additionally, the DVL has been used for measuring the relative velocity of the underwater vehicle. The DVL sensor measures the velocity of an object by using Doppler effects, which cause sound frequency changes from the relative velocity between a sound source and an observer. When the vehicle is moving, the motion trajectory to a target position can be recorded by the sensors attached to the vehicle. The performance of the proposed navigation system has been verified through real experiments in which an underwater unmanned vehicle reached a target position by using an IMU as a primary sensor and a DVL as the secondary sensor.
Supported by : 한국산업기술진흥원
- Y. H. Choi and K. J. Kim, "Robust path tracking control for autonomous underwater vehicle with variable speed," Korea Intelligent Information System Society, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 476482, Aug. 2010.
- K. S. Lee and H. B. Yoon, "Improvement of position estimation based on the multi sensor fusion in underwater unmanned vehicles," Korea Intelligent Information System Society, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 178-185, Apr. 2011. https://doi.org/10.5391/JKIIS.2011.21.2.178
- T. I. Fossen, Guidance and Control of Ocean Vehicles, John Wiley&Sons, Chichester UK, 1994.
- M. Larsen, "High performance Doppler-inertial navigationexperimental results," OCEANS 2000 MTS/IEEE Conference and Exhibition, vol. 2, pp. 1149-1456, Sep. 2000.
- R. McEwen, H. Thomas, D. Weber, and F. Psota, "Performance of an AUV navigation system at arctic latitudes", IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 443-454, Apr. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/JOE.2004.838336
- N. H. Kussat, C. D. Chadwell, and R. Zimmerman, "Absolute positioning of an autonomous underwater vehicle using GPS and acoustic measurements," IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 153-164, Jan. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/JOE.2004.835249
- H. S. Hong and U. T. Yoon, "The design of in-motion alignment system for the sdins of an underwater vehicle," Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems, vol. 3, no. 1 pp. 164-169, Mar. 2000.
- S. P. Kim, "Understanding of Kalmanfilter (Using MATLAB)," AhJin Books (in Korean), 978895761304, 2010.
- J. Y. Jeong and H. S. Kim, "A study on the GPS/INS integration and GPS compensation algorithm based on the particle filter," Journal of The Institute of Electronics Engineers of Korea, vol. 50, no. 6, pp. 267-275, Jun. 2013.
- C. W. Jeon and J. G. Lee, "The error analysis of the attitude computation algorithm for the SDINS," The Korean Society for Aeronautical and Space Sciences, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 50-58, Jun. 1988.
- S. P. Hong and Y. S. Han, "Performance analysis of navigation system for guidance and control of high speed underwater vehicle system," Journal of The Korea Institute of Information and Communication Engineering, vol. 17, no. 9, pp. 2227-2232, Sep. 2013. https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2013.17.9.2227
- K. J. Kim, D. J. Lee, Y. K. Kim, and J. M. Lee, "Outdoor localization for a quad-rotor using extended Kalman filter and path planning," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and System, vol. 20, no. 11, pp. 1175-1180, Nov. 2014. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2014.14.0013
- M. G. Kim and Y. D. Kim, "Multiple UAV's nonlinear guidance laws for stationary target observation with waypoint incidence angle constraint," International Journal of Aeronautical and Space Sciences, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 67-74, Mar. 2013. https://doi.org/10.5139/IJASS.2013.14.1.67
- A. Caffaz, A. Caiti, G. Casalino, and A. Turetta, "The hybrid glider/AUV folaga," IEEE Robotics and Automation Magazine, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 31-44, Mar. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/MRA.2010.935791
- P. M. Lee, B. H. Jun, K. Kim, J. Lee, T. Aoki, and T. Hyakudome, "Simulation of an inertial acoustic navigation system with range aiding for an autonomous underwater vehicle," IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 327-345, Nov. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/JOE.2006.880585
- M. Ark and Y. Gao, "Error analysis and stochastic modeling of low-cost mems accelerometer," Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems, vol. 46, no. 1, pp. 27-41, May 2006. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10846-006-9037-5
- N. Brokloff, "Dead reckoning with an adcp and current extrapolation," OCEANS '97. MTS/IEEE Conference Proceedings, Halifax, NS, Canada, vol. 2, pp. 994-1000, Oct. 1997.
- M. Majji, J. L. Junkins, and J. D. Turner, "A perturbation method for estimation of dynamic systems," Nonlinear Dynamics, vol. 60, no. 3, pp. 303-325, May 2010. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11071-009-9597-6
- S. I. Han, J. H. Jung, and Y. S. Park, "Integrated navigation and control for a HAUV system using adaptive super-twisting sliding mode control and indirect kalman filtering estimation," 2015 15th International Conference on, Control, Automation and Systems (ICCAS), pp. 219-224, Oct. 2015.
- K. J. Kim, H. Y. Yu, and J. M. Lee, "Dynamic object tracking of a quad-rotor with image processing and an extended Kalman filter," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and System, vol. 21, no. 7, pp. 641-647, Jul. 2015. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2015.14.0138