- Volume 22 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Analysis and Implementation of Traveling Surface Characteristics Test Equipment Using Optical Mice
광 마우스 기반 주행 표면 특성 시험 장치의 분석 및 구현
- Kim, Sungbok (Div. of Computer and Electronic Systems Eng., Hankuk University of Foreign Studies)
- 김성복 (한국외국어대학교 컴퓨터.전자시스템공학부)
- Received : 2016.03.18
- Accepted : 2016.05.24
- Published : 2016.07.01
This paper presents the analysis and implementation of traveling surface characteristics test equipment using optical mice in connection with the velocity estimation of a mobile robot equipped with optical mice. In the traveling surface characteristics test equipment, a traveling surface sample is made to rotate toward stationary optical mice instead of a mobile robot equipped with optical mice moving over a traveling surface. First, the conceptual design and operational principle of the traveling surface characteristics test equipment is explained. Second, the velocity kinematics of the traveling surface characteristics test equipment is formulated; based on this, the parameter setting of the traveling surface characteristics test equipment is described. Third, the implementation of the traveling surface characteristics test equipment is described in detail, including the mechanical design and construction and the hardware and software development. Fourth, using the prototype of the traveling surface characteristics test equipment, the experimental results of the statistical parameter extraction for different traveling surface samples are given. Finally, some potential usages of the traveling surface characteristics test equipment are discussed.
Supported by : 한국외국어대학교
- S. Lee and J. Song, "Mobile robot localization using optical flow sensors," International Journal of Control, Automation, and Systems, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 485-493, 2004.
- A. Bonarini, M. Matteucci, and M. Restelli, "A Kinematic-independent dead-reckoning sensor for indoor mobile robotics," Proc. IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 3750-3755, 2004.
- D. Sekimori and F. Miyazaki, "Precise dead-reckoning for mobile robots using multiple optical mouse sensors," Informatics in Control, Automation and Robotics, pp. 145-151, 2007.
- S. Kim and S. Lee, "Robust velocity estimation of an omnidirectional mobile robot using a polygonal array of optical mice," International Journal of Control, Automation, and Systems, vol. 6, no. 5, pp. 713-721, 2008.
- J. Hu, Y. Chang, and Y. Hsu, "Calibration and on-line data selection of multiple optical flow sensors for odometry applications," Sensors and Actuators A, vol. 149, pp. 74-80, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sna.2008.10.003
- J. Borenstein, H. R. Everett, and L. Feng, Where am I? Sensors and Methods for Mobile Robot Positioning, Dept. Mechanical Eng., Michigan University, 1996.
- J. Palacin, I. Valganon, and R. Pernia, "The optical mouse for indoor mobile robot odometry measurement," Sensors and Actuators A, vol. 126, pp. 141-147, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sna.2005.09.015
- T. W. Ng, "The optical mouse as a two-dimensional displacement sensor," Sensors and Actuators A, vol. 107, pp. 21-25, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0924-4247(03)00256-5
- S. Kim, "Traveling surface characteristics extraction equipment for optical mouse based mobile robot velocity estimation," Proc. IEEE International Symposium on Industrial Electronics, pp. 1268-1273, 2014.
- S. Kim, H. Kim, and M. Park, "Development of traveling surface characteristics extraction equipment using optical mouse array," Proc. International Conference on Control, Automation and Systems, pp. 1018-1022, 2014.
- F. Lewis, Optimal Estimation, John Wiley & Sons, 1986.
- S. Choi, G. Kim, Y. Kim, and J. Lee, "Outdoor positioning estimation of multi-GPS/INS integrated system by EKF/UPF filter conversion," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems (in Korean), vol. 20, no. 12, pp. 1284-1289, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2014.13.0014
- J. Pak, C. Ahn, M. Lim, and M. Song, "Indoor localization using unscented Kalman/FIR hybrid filter," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems (in Korean), vol. 21, no. 11, pp. 1057-1063, 2015. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2015.15.0149