- Volume 22 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Actuator Fault Estimation Method using Hexacopter Symmetry
Hexacopter의 대칭성을 이용한 구동기 고장 추정 방법
- Lee, Chan Hyeok (Department of Electronic and IT Media Engineering, Seoul National University of Science And Technology) ;
- Park, Min Kee (Department of Electronic and IT Media Engineering, Seoul National University of Science And Technology)
- Received : 2016.04.18
- Accepted : 2016.05.30
- Published : 2016.07.01
This paper proposes a method of estimating the actuator faults of a hexacopter without using encoders when one or more of six actuators do not operate normally. In the case of the hexacopter, a Pseudo-Inverse matrix is generally used to obtain the rotational speed of the actuators because the matrix that transforms the rotational speed of the actuators into the thrust and torque of the body coordinate system is not a square matrix. However, the method based on the Pseudo-Inverse matrix cannot detect the actuator faults correctly because the Pseudo-Inverse matrix is approximate. In the proposed method, the actuator faults are estimated by modifying the transform matrix using the property that the actuators of the hexacopter are symmetrical. The simulation results show the effectiveness of the proposed method when faults occur in one or more of the six actuators.
- A. Freddi, S. Longhi, and A. Monteriu, "Actuator fault detection system for a mini-quadrotor," 2010 IEEE International Symposium on Industrial Electronics, IEEE, pp. 2055-2060, Jul. 2010.
- M. H. Amoozgar, A. Chamseddine, and Y. Zhang, "Experimental test of a two-stage Kalman filter for actuator fault detection and diagnosis of an unmanned quadrotor helicopter," Journal of Intelligent & Robotic Systems, vol. 70, no. 1-4, pp. 107-117, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10846-012-9757-7
- H. A. Izadi, Y. Zhang, and B. W. Gordon, "Fault tolerant model predictive control of quad-rotor helicopters with actuator fault estimation," International Federation of Automatic Control (IFAC) Proceedings Volumes, vol. 44, no. 1, pp. 6343-6348, Aug. 2011.
- M. Moghadam and F. Caliskan, "Actuator and sensor fault detection and diagnosis of quadrotor based on two-stage Kalman filter," Proc. of Australian Control Conference (AUCC), 2015 5th Australian, IEEE, pp. 182-187, Nov. 2015.
- A. Freddi, S. Longhi, A. Monteriu, and M. Prist, "Actuator fault detection and isolation system for an hexacopter," Proc. of Mechatronic and Embedded Systems and Applications (MESA), 2014 IEEE/ASME 10th International Conference on. IEEE, pp. 1-6, Sep. 2014.
- J. Ge, B. Lefevre, M. Roemer, and R. Martin, "Integrated health monitoring and fault adaptive control for an unmanned hexrotor helicopter," Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) Technical Paper, Report, DOI no. 2013-01-2331, Sep. 2013.
- H. Kim, H. S. Jeong, K. T. Chong, and D. J. Lee, "Dynamic modeling and control techniques for multi-rotor flying robots," Transactions of the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers A, vol. 38, no. 2, pp. 137-148, 2014. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2014.38.2.137
- J. S. Wang, "A study on the modelling and attitude control of a quad-rotor," M. S. Thesis (in Korean), The Graduate School Hoseo University, 2012.
- Y. Y. Chang, S. T. Lim, T. H. Kim, K. H. Lee, S. J. Beak, and K. T. Chong, "Design and simulation quadrotor controller for stable positioning control," Proc. of Conference on Information and Control Systems (in Korean), vol. 2011, no. 10, pp. 205-206, 2011.
- C. H. Lee and M. K. Park, "Actuator fault estimation method of hexacopter," Proc. of 2016 31st Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems (ICROS) Annual Conference (in Korean), Seoul, pp. 165-166, Mar. 2016.