- Volume 19 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Field Model Tests on Frost Penetration Depths and Frost Heave Amounts in Ballast track and Concrete track
현장모형실험을 통한 자갈궤도와 콘크리트궤도의 동결심도 및 동상량 측정
- Kim, Young-Chin (Geotechnical Engineering Research Institute, Korea Institute of Civil Engineering and Building Technology)
- Received : 2015.09.08
- Accepted : 2016.08.02
- Published : 2016.08.31
Experimental ballast track and concrete track were installed on the railway site and the frost penetration depth and the frost heave amount in the winter were measured. As a result, when the freezing index was the same, the frost penetration depth of concrete track was deeper than that of ballast track. Furthermore, when an XPS and polyethylene aggregate layer was installed below the ballast track, the frost penetration depth of the ballast track decreased significantly; in the case of the concrete track, the frost penetration depth decreased when the thickness of the subbase increased. Meanwhile, the frost heave amount also decreased when an XPS and polyethylene aggregate layer was installed below the ballast track ; in the case of the concrete track, the frost heave amount decreased when the thickness of the subbase increased.
Grant : 철도구조물의 동해방지공법 및 설계, 시공, 유지관리지침 개발
Supported by : 국토교통부
- L. Domaschuk (1982) Frost heave forces on embedded structure unit, Engineering Applications in Permafrost Area, 4th Canadian Permafrost Conference, Alberta, pp. 487-496.
- C.H. Han, J.S. Lee, K.H. Cho (2011) The study about reduction of frost-heaving in railways small structure, 2011 Autumn Conference of the Korean Society for Railway, Jeju, pp. 1129-1135.
- E.F. Lobacz, et al. (1973) Corps of engineers design of highway pavements in areas of seasonal frost, Proceedings of Symposium on Frost Action Roads, Oslo, pp. 142-152.
- P.Harl. Aldrich (1976) Frost Penetration bellow Highway and Airfield, Highway Research Board bulletin, 135, pp. 124-149.
- Japan Road Association (1979) Asphalt Pavement, Maruzen, Road Soil Works.
- S. Seppo (1992) Modelling frost heaving and frost penetration in soils at some observation sites in Finland, VTT Technical Research Center of Finland, VTT Publications 95.
- National Construction Laboratory Institute (1989) Frost Penetration Depth, Ministry of Construction, Technical Note No. 498.
- Y.C. Kim, S.S. Hong, J.M. Kang (2008) A Study on the Frost Penetration Depth and Insulation Method in Pavement, Korea Institute of Construction Technology, Report No. 2008-045 of Korea Institute of Construction Technology.
- The Japanese Geotechnical Society (1996) Ground Freezing, Komiyama Printing Co., Tokyo, p. 98.
- Y.C. Kim, Y.W. Yoon, D.Y. Lee (2013) Development of anti-freeze method, design, construction and maintenance manual for railway structure, Korea Institute of Construction Technology, Final Report of Future Railway Technology Development Project by Korea Agency Infrastructure Tecnology Advancement.
- Orlando B. Andersland and Branko Ladany (2004) Frozen Ground Engineering (Second Edition), John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Hoboken, p. 53.
- Korea Rail Network Authority (2011) Special Specification for Railway Construction (Subgrade), Ministry of Land Infrastructure and Transport, Special Specification for Railway Construction.