- Volume 1 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Effect of University Students' Perception of Job Competence on Job-seeking Attitude
대학생의 취업역량 중요도 인식이 취업태도에 미치는 영향
- Lee, Jae Han (Leesong) ;
- Lee, Ho (Kongju National University) ;
- Jang, Man Guen ;
- Chang, Sug-In (Kongju National University)
- Received : 2016.06.09
- Accepted : 2016.06.20
- Published : 2016.07.31
This study analyzed the effect of university students' perception of job competence on job-seeking attitude. The study results showed that certificate and job-related experience significantly affected will of getting a job and self-efficiency. It is suggested that emphasizing the importance of getting a certificate and doing job-related practice is more effective rather than getting higher level of education or good grade to improve university students' job-seeking attitude. Also, if students took job-realated education in university job support center, their importance perception of job-related experience, will of getting a job, degree of self-development were higher. This study provided implications for verifying the importance and effectiveness of job competence in enhancing university students' job-seeking attitude.
본 연구는 대학생의 취업역량 중요도 인식이 취업태도에 미치는 영향을 분석하였다. 연구결과 취업의지에 유의한 영향을 미치는 취업역량인식 요소는 자격증(p<.05,
- Jun Hyup Lee, "Current Status and Improvement Plan for Youth Employment Index", Hyundai Research Institute, 2016.
- Ministry of Employment and Labor, "University Students say 'Foreign Language' ... Company says 'Professional Ethics'", November 25th 2015, e-Employment&Labor News, 2015.
- D. C. McClelland, "Testing for Competency rather than for Intelligence, American Psychologist, Vol. 28, No. 1, pp. 1-14, 1973. https://doi.org/10.1037/h0034092
- A. D. Lucia, R. Lepsinger, "The Art and Science of Competency Models: Pinpointing Critical Success Factors in Organizations", Pfeiffer; 1 edition, p. 224, 1999.
- Jae Sung Go, Gun Nam Lee, Sung Nam Kim, Jung Hyun Byun, "A Study on Defining the Concept and Estimating the Weight of Employment Competency for the Youth", The Journal of Vocational Education Research, Vol. 29, No. 2, pp. 17-42, 2010.
- Korea Employment Information Service, "Development of Consultation Tools for the Middle and Old Aged", 2016.
- Seon-Hee Yoon, "Study about Job Search Activities Attitudes of the Long-term Unemployed," Graduate School of Human Resource Development for Women, Sookmyung Women's University, Master's Thesis, 2015.
- C. R. Wanberg, J. D. Watt, D. J. Rumsey, "Individuals without jobs: An Empirical Study of Job-seeking Behavior and Reemployment", Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol. 81, pp. 76-87, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.81.1.76
- Byung-Sook Kim, Bo-In Kim, Bo-Bi Lee, "Analysis of University Students' Volition and Degree to Pay Employment Preparation Cost and their Job-Seeking Efficacy", The Journal of Career Education Research, Vol. 22, No. 4, pp. 39-61, 2009.
- E Cheol Kang, "Instructional Method and Technology", Hakjisa, 2009.
- Bhum Suk Chung, Hwa Min Chung, "A Study on the Employment Preparation Cost and Attitude of College Student for Job-seeking", Management & Information Systems Review, Vol. 33, No. 4, Issue 52, pp. 1-19, 2014.
- Jun Young Koo, "Comparative Analysis of Competency Gap between Job Applicants and Recruiters", Graduate School of Yeungnam University, Master's Thesis, 2014.
- Yun-Kyoung Moon, "The Analysis of Employment Competency System of University Students", Department of Vocation, Graduate School of Kyonggi University, Doctoral Thesis, 2016.