- Volume 1 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The Effect of the Group Art Therapy using Recall on the Quality of Life and Emotion of the Elderly with Mild Dementia in Day Care Center
회상요법을 적용한 집단미술치료가 주간보호시설 경증치매노인의 삶의 질과 정서에 미치는 영향
- Received : 2016.06.07
- Accepted : 2016.07.20
- Published : 2016.07.31
This study analyzed effect of the group art therapy with recall on the quality of life and emotion of the elderly with mild dementia in day care center. The study objects were the elderly from 75 to 96 years old and MMSE-K grade were 15-23 points with mild dementia in Jeollabuk-do day care center. The experimental group was treated group art therapy for 6 months, once a week, 60 minutes, total 30 times and the control group was treated none at the same duration. The study results had implications that group art therapy using recall method helped the elderly with mild dementia in day care center by actively embracing their life and expressing more stable emotion to get along their life.
본 연구는 회상요법을 적용한 집단미술치료가 주간보호시설 거주 경증 치매 노인의 삶의 질과 정서에 어떠한 영향을 미치는가를 검증하고자 하였다. 연구 대상은 전라북도 I시에 소재한 노인전문 주간보호시설의 노인 중 75세에서 96세 까지 MMSE-K 점수가 15 ~ 23점의 경증치매노인이며, 실험집단에게는 6개월간 주 1회 60분씩 사전 사후 포함하여 30회기로 구성하여 집단미술치료 프로그램을 실시하였고 처치기간 동안 통제집단은 무 처치하였다. 연구결과 회상요법을 적용한 집단미술치료가 경증치매노인의 삶의 질, 정서, 질적분석 바디이미지에 긍정적 효과가 있는 것으로 나타났다. 집단 간 정서측정도구에 대한 시간의 경과에서는 유의한 차이가 있는 것으로 나타났다. 본 연구의 회상요법을 적용한 집단미술치료가 주간보호시설 거주 경증치매노인의 삶을 보다 적극적으로 받아들이고 좀 더 안정적인 정서를 표현하며 생을 살아갈 수 있도록 하는데 의의가 있다고 본다.
- Kyung Ah Park, " The effect of the Group Art Therapy on the Depression and Social.Emotional Loneliness, Self-Esteem of Elderly Women", Graduate School of Health & Complementary Medicine, Wonkwang University, Master's Thesis, 2014.
- Yoon Roh Lee, Jong Han Park, "Causes and Therapy of Dementia", Revised and Enlarged Edition, Hakmunsa, p. 242, 2000.
- Yeo Joo Jung, "Art Therapy for the Elderly", Hakjisa, 2006.
- Bok-Reum Doh, Young-Sook Kim, "The Art Therapy Applying to Dementia and Reminiscence", Collected Papers of Gyeongbuk College of Health, Vol. 29, pp. 11-26, 2003.
- Young Sook Kim, "Effects of the Group Art Therapy Program with Reminiscence on Cognitive Function, Depression and Quality of Life if Demented Elderly", Graduate School of Kyungpook National University, Doctoral Thesis, 2004.
- Gye-Il Ahn, "A Study on the Aged's Leisure Satisfaction in their Participation in Sport-for-all", Graduate School of Kyonggi University, Master's Thesis, 2005.
- Jong-Tae Sin, "A Study of Social Welfare Service Devices by Psychosocial Problems of the Aged", Graduate School of Social Welfare Development, Daegu University, Master's Thesis, 2000.
- Joong Don Kwon, "Welfare for the Aged", Hakjisa, 2010.
- B. L. Hancock, "Social Work with Older People", Pearson College Division, 1990.
- Mi Aae Jang, "The Effect of the Group Art Therapy to Enhance of a Verbal Self-expression on the Alzheimer's Disease Patients Residing in Adult Nursery : based on Recall Techniques", Graduate School of Innovation, Hanyang University, Master's Thesis, 2012.
- A. Cambell, "Subjective Measures of Well-being", American Psychologist. Vol. 2, 1976.
- M. Brod, AL. Stewart, L. Sands, P. Walton, "Conceptualization and Measurement of Quality of Li fe in Dementia: The Dementia Quality of Life Instrument(DQoL)", Gerontologist, Vol. 39, No. 1, pp. 25-35, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1093/geront/39.1.25
- Korean Association for Geriatric Psychiarty, "Korean Assessment Scales for Demented Patients, Hakjisa, 2003.
- Hye Young, Jang, "The Study on the Effectiveness of the Group Art Therapy on Relieving Loneliness of the Bereaved Elderly", Graduate School of Social Education, Myongji University, Master's Thesis, 2007.
- Gil‐Hyun Shin, "A Study on the Effects Group Art Therapy for Enhancing Self-esteem on Demented Elders' Quality of Life", Graduate School of Culture and Art, Dongguk University, Master's Thesis, 2008.
- Jeong-Sook Kim, "The Effects of the Group Art Therapy on Cognitive Function and Behavior Problems of the Elderly with Mild Dementia in a Nursing Home", Graduate School of Wonkwang University, Doctoral Thesis, 2007.
- Suk-Young Song, "The Effects of Group Art Therapy Using Clay on the Emotions and Quality of Life of the Elderly with Mild Dementia", Graduate School of Seoul University of Buddhism, Master's Thesis, 2012.