- Volume 1 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The Effect of Group Art Therapy on Sociality of Children in Institutional Care -Focus on Anger and Empathy-
집단미술치료가 시설보호아동의 사회성에 미치는 영향 -분노 및 공감능력을 중심으로-
- Received : 2016.06.07
- Accepted : 2016.07.20
- Published : 2016.07.31
This study analyzed the the effect of group art therapy on sociality of children in institutional care focus on anger and empathy. The study divided children into two groups, experimental group was treated group art therapy for twice a week(60 minutes, total 25) and control group was treated none. The study results showed that group art therapy had positive impact on improving sociality, anger conrol and emphatic ability of children in institutional care. Also, there had been positive change in their work in the aspect of form and content by HTP, KSD, DAS test. This study found that group art therapy helped improving institutionalized children's socility with anger control and empathic ability, so it is suggested that group art therapy studies for institutionalized children are of help to improve their sociality.
- Chang Hyun Ryu, "Anger Therapy", Bookcafe, 2006.
- Mi Sook Moon, "Effects of Group Art Therapy Using Clay on the Aggressiveness and Anger Management Skills of Children", Graduate School of Environment & Public Health Studies, Yeungnam University, Master's Thesis, 2012.
- Hea Young Park, "(A) Study on the Self-resilience and Social Adaptability of the Children and Adolescents in Institutional Care", Graduate School of Education, Andong National University, Master's Thesis, 2004.
- Soo Hyun Hong, "(The) Eeffect & Development of Group Art Therapy Program on the Emotional Intelligence and Interpersonal Anxiety for Children : Focused on Institutionalized Children", Graduate School of Mokpo National University, Doctoral Thesis, 2006.
- Soon Hyung Lee, Hye Seung Lee, "Teachers' Perceptions of the Psychosocial Adjustment of Institutionalized and Home Reared Children ", Korean Journal of Child Studies, Vol. 23, No. 4, pp. 119-135, 2002.
- Bit Na Ju, "Effects of Pplaying-based Music Therapy on Improving Institutionalized Children's Peer Connectedness", Graduate School of Education, Ewha Womans University, Master's Thesis, 2014.
- J. C. Masters, W. Furman, "Popularity, Individual Friendship Selection, and Specific Peer Interaction among Children", Developmental Psychology, Vol. 17, 1981.
- Se Eun Kwon, Soon Hyung Lee, "Differences between institutionalized and Home-reared Children in Social Skills and Affective Perspective Taking", Korean Journal of Child Studies, Vol. 23, No. 2, pp. 107-120, 2002.
- Young Sook Kang, "A Study about Childcare Institute Employees Selecting Children Sociability", The Hanyoung Academic Journal, Vol. 2, pp. 78-103, 2010.
- Jun Ho Kim, Sung Ho Noh, Sung Sik Lee, Dae Kyung Kwak, Jung Sun Park, Dong Won Lee, Chul Hyun Park, "Adolescence Delinquency", 2nd Edition, Chungmok, 2009.
- Min-Sun Kim, "(The) Effects of Empathy on Peer Acceptance and friendship of Higher Grade Elementary School Children", Graduate School of Seoul Women's University, Master's Thesis, 2007.
- Jung-Nam kim, "(The) Effects of Self and Significant Others Representation, Empathy on Anger Level and Anger Expression", Graduate School of Education, Catholic University, Master's Thesis, 2005.
- Ju Yeung Suk, Ok Hee An, In Jeon Park, "The Effects of the Group Game Play Therapy on the Improvement of Emotional Intelligence and Self-Esteem of Institutionalized Children", Korean Journal of Human Ecology. Vol. 15, No. 5, pp. 703-718, 2006.
- Yeo Joo Jung, " Understanding Art Therapy : Theory and Practice", Hakjisa, 2003.
- Sook-Ja Hu, "An Effect of Group Art Therapy on Social Improvement of Institutionalized Children", Graduate School of Design, Chosun Universty, Master's Thesis, 2008.
- Hyun-Mee Roh, "The Effects of the Person-centered Group Art Therapy with Theraplay on the Emotional and Social Adaptability of the institutionalized children", Graduate School of Yeungnam University, Doctoral Thesis, 2009.
- Bo Min Kang, "Effects of Group Art Therapy on the Emotional Intelligence and Anger Management of Children in Welfare Facilities", Graduate School of Arts Design, Hanyang University, Master's Thesis, 2015.
- Eun-Hee Seong, "Effect of Empathy Training Programs on Emotional Intelligence, Aggression, and Peer Relationship of Institutionalized Children", Graduate School of Education, Kyungsung University, Master's Thesis, 2014.
- Jong Hee Kim, "Effects of the Cooperative Mandala to Improve Empathy and Peer Relations of the Institutionalized Children", Child Art Education, No. 11, pp. 19-42, 2012.
- Hyun Jung Ryu, "The Effects of Empathy Training on Elementary school Children's Conflict Resolution Strategies", Graduate School of Education, Daegu National University of Education, 2008.