- Volume 29 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Study of the 1,200 V-Class Floating Island IGBT
1,200 V급 Floating Island IGBT의 관한 연구
- Kang, Ey Goo (Department of Photovoltaic Engineering, Far East University)
- 강이구 (극동대학교 태양광공학과)
- Received : 2016.08.07
- Accepted : 2016.08.24
- Published : 2016.09.01
This paper was researched about 1,200 V level floating island IGBT (insulated gate bipolar transistor). Presently, 1,200 V level IGBT is used in Inverter for distributed power generation. We analyzed and compared electrical charateristics of the proposed floating island IGBT and conventional IGBT. For analyzing and comparison, we used T-CAD tool and simulated the electrical charateristics of the devices. And we extracted optimal design and process parameter of the devices. As a result of experiments, we obtained 1,456 V and 1,459 V of breakdown voltages, respectively. And we obatined 4.06 V and 4.09 V of threshold voltages, respectively. On the other hand, on-state voltage drop of floating island IGBT was 3.75 V. but on-state vlotage drop of the conventional IGBT was 4.65 V. Therefore, we almost knew that the proposed floating island IGBT was superior than the conventional IGBT in terms of power dissipation.
- MOSFET Basics - Fairchild Semiconductor, 2000
- G. P. Sim, B. S. Ann, Y. H. Kang, Y. S. Hong, and E. G. Kang, J. Korean Inst. Electr. Electron. Mater. Eng., 26, 190 (2013). [DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4313/JKEM.2013.26.3.190] https://doi.org/10.4313/JKEM.2013.26.3.190
- P. J. Verlinden, R. M. Swanson, T. Iwata, K. Handa, H. Ogasa, and D. L. King, Proc. 12th EC Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference (Amsterdam, 1994) p. 1304.
- T. J. Nam, H. S. Chung, and E. G. Kang, J. Korean Inst. Electr. Electron. Mater. Eng., 24, 713 (2011). [DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4313/JKEM.2011.24.9.713] https://doi.org/10.4313/JKEM.2011.24.9.713
- J. H. Lee, E. S. Jung, E. Y. Kang, J. Korean Inst. Electr. Electron. Mater. Eng., 25, 270 (2012). [DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4313/JKEM.2012.25.4.270] https://doi.org/10.4313/JKEM.2012.25.4.270
- P. J. Verlinden, R. M. Swanson, and R. A. Crane, Prog. in Photovolatic and Applications, 2, 143 (1994). [DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/pip.4670020209] https://doi.org/10.1002/pip.4670020209