- Volume 7 Issue 4
DDoS attack has been continuously utilized that caused the excessively large amount of traffic that network bandwidth or server was unable to deal with paralyzing the service. Most of the people regard NTP as the biggest cause of DDoS. However, according to recently executed DDoS attack, there have been many SSDP attack in the use of amplified technique. According to characteristics of SSDP, there is no connection for making a forgery of source IP address and amplified resources feasible. Therefore, it is frequently used for attack. Especially, as it is mostly used as a protocol for causing DDoS attack on IoT devices that constitute smart home including a wireless router, media server, webcam, smart TV, and network printer. Hereupon, it is anticipated for servers of attacks to gradually increase. This might cause a serious threat to major information of human lives, major government bodies, and company system as well as on IoT devices. This study is intended to identify DDoS attack techniques in the use of weakness of SSDP protocol occurring in IoT devices and attacking scenario and counter-measures on them.
- "디도스 공격 진원지, 러시아.동유럽 아냐," 보안뉴스, 2016
- Hun-Go, “Home network vulnerability analysis and certification analysis,” Journal of The Korea Institute of Information Security & Cryptology, Vol. 16, No. 6, pp. 42-47, 2006.
- Hong-Taek Yoo, "A study on the service infrastructure associated with the construction of the Internet of Things(IoT) common platform," Journal of Korean Institute of Culture Product Art & Design, Vol. 43, pp. 165-178, 2015. https://doi.org/10.18555/kicpd.2015.43.165
- Kyong-Ho Han, Seong-Ho Lee, “A study on the Security Threats of IoT Devices Exposed in Search Engine,” The Transactions of the Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers, Vol. 65, No. 1, pp. 128-134, 2016. https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2016.65.1.128
- Hyun-sang Choi, Hyun-do Park, Hee-jo Lee, “A Study on Amplification DRDoS Attacks and Defenses,” The Korea Institute of Information, Electronics, and Communication Technology, Vol. 8, No. 5, pp. 429-437, 2015. https://doi.org/10.17661/jkiiect.2015.8.5.429
- Jun-Hee Won, Geun-Mok Hong, "DRDoS Attacking Scenario and Countermeasure for Using Weakness of SSDP Protocol in IoT Device," 2016 Academic conference, Vol. 23, No. 1, pp. 280-282, 2016.
- Jeong-Hwan Seol, Ki-Young Lee, “Implementation of Middleware Security System for Home Networking,” Journal of the Korea Information and Communication Academic, Vol. 12, No. 5, pp. 863-869, 2008.
- Hong-il Kim, "UPnP security vulnerability and the form of DDoS attack's analysis and defense," Journal of the Korea Entertainment Industry Association Vol. 3, No. 2, pp. 44-49. 2009. https://doi.org/10.21184/jkeia.2009.06.3.2.44
- Dong-Hee Sin, Jeong-Jae Yeol, Seong-Hyeon, Gang, “Trends and Prospects Internet of Things,” Journal of Internet Information, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 32-46, 2013.
- Dong-Hee Kim, Seok-Ung Yoon, Yong-pil Lee, "Security Services for the IoT," The Journal of The Korean Institute of Communication Sciences Vol. 30, No. 8, pp. 53-59, 2013.
- Seong-Ryeol Kim, “A Study on the Intrusion Detection of DDoS Attack Packets,” J. Ind. Sci., Cheongju Univ, Vol. 22, No. 1, pp. 223-229, 2004.
- Yong-Hee Jeon, “Botnet Analysis and Technical Overview,” Journal of The Korea Institute of Information Security & Cryptology, Vol. 18, No. 3, pp. 101-108, 2008.
- Jung-woo Seo, Sang-jin Lee, “A study on the detection of DDoS attack using the IP Spoofing,” Journal of The Korea Institute of Information Security & Cryptology, Vol. 25, No. 1, pp. 147-153, 2015. https://doi.org/10.13089/JKIISC.2015.25.1.147
- Sung-hyuck Hong, “Analysis of DDoS Attack and Countermeasure: Survey,” Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 423-429, 2014.
- Im-Geol Oh, Jong-Il Lee, “A Study for Vulnerability of Security of the UPnP Home-Networking,” The Journal of Korea Society of Industrial Information System, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 30-36, 2007.
Supported by : 한국연구재단