- Volume 52 Issue 3
Recently, pollution problem in coastal water has become more serious and pollution including red tide serves as a main reason for reduction of fishes resources. Particularly, nutrients such as nitrogen and phosphorus are the most serious pollutants. Normally, biological wastewater treatment process is used in removing such nutrients. However, it is difficult to adopt the biological wastewater treatment process to a small-scale fish processing factory in case of using seawater as wash water. Thus, removing nutrients through struvite crystallization is investigated in this study for treating shrimp processing wastewater. Experiments were conducted by varying molar ratio of
Struvite crystallization process;Pollution;Treatment;Shrimp processing wastewater;Coagulation
- APHA, AWWA, WPCF. 1998. Standard methods for the examination of water & wastewater. 20th Ed., American Public Health Association, Washington, DC. 4:90-5:19.
- Baek BC and Shin HS. 1994. Treatment of fish processing wastewater using SBR. J of KSWW 8(1), 18-26.
- Baek YK and Park BY. 2007. A study on the efficiency of wastewater treatment by the intermittently aerated activated sludge process. J Korean Society of Hygienic Sciences 13(2), 87-93.
- Balslev OP, Lynggaard JA and Nickelsen C. 1990. Pilot scale experiments on anaerobic treatment of wastewater from a fish processing industry. Wat Sci Tech 22, 463-474. https://doi.org/10.2166/wst.1990.0170
- Escudero A, Blanco F, Lacalle A and Pinto M. 2015. Struvite precipitation for ammonium removal from anaerobically treated effluents. J of Environmental Chemical Engineering 3(1). 413-419.
- Huang H, Zhang P, Zhang Z, Liu J, Xiao J and Gao F. 2016. Simultaneous removal of ammonia nitrogen and recovery of phosphate from swine wastewater by struvite electrochemical precipitation and recycling technology. J of Cleaner Production 127(20). 302-310.
- Kim YS, Park CH and Park TJ. 1985. Biological treatment of fish processing wastewater. J of Korean Soc Env Engs 7(2), 59-66.
- Lahav O, Telzhensky M, Zewuhn A, Gendel Y, Gerth J, Calmano W and Virnhack L. 2013. Struvite recovery form municipal wastewater sludge centrifuge supernatant using seawater NF concentrate as a cheap Mg(II) source, Seperation and Purification Technology, 108. 103-110. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.seppur.2013.02.002
- Liu B, Giannia A, Zhang T, Chang VWC and Wang JY. 2013. Characterization of induced struvite formation from source-separated urine using seawater and brine as magnesium source. Chemosphere. 93. 2738-2747. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chemosphere.2013.09.025
- Min KK, Weon SY, Park SK and Lee SI. 2000. The effect of temperature with substrate and sludge adaption on biological phosphorus release. J of KAEE 22(7), 1205-1212.
- Ministry of Environment 2015. Official Test Criteria for Water pollution Examination, Notification No. 2015-76 of the Ministry of Environment.
- Nair C. 1990. Pollution control through water conservation and wastewater reuse in the fish processing plant. Wat Sci Tech 22, 113-121.
- Zou H and Wang Y. 2016. Phosphorus removal and recovery from domestic wastewater in a novel process of enhanced biological phosphorus removal coupled with crystallization. Bioresource Technology 211, 87-92. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biortech.2016.03.073
- Park WC, Lee MA and Sung IW. 2014. Phosphorus removal from advanced wastewater treatment process using PAC. J Korean Society of Environ Eng 6(2), 96-102.
- Ryu HD, Kim TS, Park HS and Lee SI. 2007. Struvite crystallization of wastewater using bittern. J of Korean Society on Water Environment 23(1), 138-143.