- Volume 52 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Behavioral reaction of hairtail (Trichinus lepturus) to different colors of LED light
LED 색광에 대한 갈치의 행동반응
- KIM, Mun-Kwan ;
- AN, Young-Il ;
- PARK, Su-Hyeon ;
- OH, Tae-Cheol ;
- KANG, Hyeong-Cheol ;
- PARK, Yong-Seok
- Received : 2016.04.16
- Accepted : 2016.08.23
- Published : 2016.08.31
This study carried out an experiment to find out the reaction of hairtail, Trichinus lepturus to the colors of LED light as a basic study on the development of the trolling gear and a method to enable the day-night operation. We used hairtails caught around Seongsan-po, Jeju Island by set nets and hairtail angling. The seven hairtails of the average length 68.9 cm (SD 9.2 cm) and the average weight 135.9 g (SD 47.9 g) were adapted themselves in the experimental water tank, 15 m Self-Governing 1.7 m in height and 1.5 m in depth, and then they were studied. We conducted experiment at the Ocean and Fisheries Research Institute in Jeju Special Self-Governing Province, from November to December 2015, and the sea surface temperature was between 16.5 and
LED light;Hairtail;Color light;Behavioral reaction
- An YI, Jeong HG and Jung BM. 2009. Behavioral reaction of common squid Todarodes pacificus to different colors of LED light. J Korean Soc Fish Technol 45(3), 135-143. (DOI:10.3796/KSFT.2009.45.3.135) https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2009.45.3.135
- An YI and Jeong HG. 2011. Catching efficiency of LED fishing lamp and behavioral reaction of common squid Todarodes pacificus to the shadow section of color LED light. J Korean Soc Fish Technol 47, 183-194. (DOI:10.3796/KSFT.2011.47.3.183) https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2011.47.3.183
- An YI. 2013. Fishing efficiency of LED fishing lamp for squid jigging vessels. J Korean Soc Fish Technol 49, 385-394. (DOI:10.3796/KSFT.2013.49.4.385) https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2013.49.4.385
- An HC, Bae BS, Lee KH, Park SW and Bae JH. 2012. Operating performance of hair-tail angling vessel using the LED and metal halide fishing lamp combination. J Korean Soc Fish Technol 48, 337-345. (DOI:10.3796/KSFT.2012.48.4.337) https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2012.48.4.337
- An HC, Bae JH, Bae BS and Park JM. 2013. Operating performance of squid jigging vessel using the LED and metal halide fishing lamp combination. J Korean Soc Fish Technol 49, 395-403. (DOI:10.3796/KSFT.2013.49.4.395) https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2013.49.4.395
- An YI. 2014. Fishing efficiency of high capacity (360W) LED fishing lamp for squid Todarodes pacificus. J Korean Soc Fish Technol 50, 326-333. (DOI:10.3796/KSFT.2014.50.3.326) https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2014.50.3.326
- Bae BS, Jeong EC, Park HH, Chang DS and Yang YS. 2008. Behavioral characteristic of Japanese flying squid, Todarodes pacificus to LED light. J Korean Soc Fish Technol 44, 294-303. (DOI:10.3796/KSFT.2008.44.4.294) https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2008.44.4.294
- Bae BS, Cho SK, Cha BJ, Park SW and An HC. 2011. The study on the Anchovy's (Engraulis japonica) reaction to several light colors in a tank. J Korean Soc Fish Technol 47(4), 327-337. (DOI:10.3796/KSFT.2011.47.4.327) https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2011.47.4.327
- Ben-Yami M. 1976. Fishing with light. In: FAO fishing manual. Fishing News Books Ltd, Farnham Surrey, England. 1-114.
- Choi SJ. 2006. Radiation and underwater transmission characteristics of a high-luminance light-emitting diode as the light source for fishing lamps. J Kor Fish Soc 39(6), 480-486. (DOI:10.5657KFAS.2006.39.6.480)
- Choi SJ. 2008. Comparison of radiation Characteristics and radiant quantities per unit electrical power between high luminance light emitting diode and fishing lamp light source. J Kor Soc Fish 41(6), 511-517. (DOI:10.5657KFAS.2008.41.6.511)
- Chyn SS, Lee KT and Liao CH. 1996. Shoal density, distribution and fluctuation rhythm of swordtip squid influenced by mackerel and hairtail in the illumination zone during the light fishing operation. J Fish Soc Taiwan 23, 67-78.
- KOSIS. 2015. Fishery production survey 2015.
- Imamura Y. 1961. Study on the fishery operating the stick held dip net with aid of luring light for saury. Bull Jap Soc Sci Fish 27, 440-445. (DOI:10.2331/SUISAN.27.440) https://doi.org/10.2331/suisan.27.440
- Imamura Y. 1968a. Etude de l'effet du feu dans la peche et de son operation(III). La mer, 6, 26-44.
- Imamura Y. 1968b. Etude de l'effect du feu dans la peche et de son operation(III). La mer, 6, 32-44.
- Inada N and Ogura M. 1988. Historical changes of fishing light and its operation in squid jigging fisheries. Report Tokyo Univ Fish 24, 189-207.
- Inada H. and Arimoto T. 2007. Trends on research and development of fishing light in Japan. J Illum Engng Inst Jpn 91(4), 199-209.
- Inoue M. 1963. Fish schools attracted by light stimuli observed in the operation of Hasso-ami or eight-boat-lift-net. Bull Jap Soc Sci Fish 27, 925-929. (DOI:10.2331/SUISAN.29.925) https://doi.org/10.2331/SUISAN.29.925
- Isa Y. 1961. A study on effects of different kinds of fishing lamps. Bull Jap Soc Sci Fish 27, 493-500. (DOI:10.2331/SUISAN.27.493) https://doi.org/10.2331/suisan.27.493
- Jung BM, Choi WG, Lim JG and An, YI. 2013. Development of the Optimal LED Fishing Lamp System. Research report, Ministry of Knowledge Economy, 75-77.
- Jerlov NG. 1976 Marine optics. Elsevier Sci Pub Co Amsterdam. 127-150.
- Matsushita Y, Azuno T and Yamashita Y. 2012. Fuel reduction in coastal squid jigging boats equipped with various combinations of conventional metal halide lamps and low-energy LED Panels. Fish Res 125-126, 14-19. (DOI:10.1016/J.FISHRES.2012.02.004) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fishres.2012.02.004
- Okamoto T, Takahashi K, Ohsawa H, Fukuchi KI, Hosogane K, Kobayashi S, Moniwa M, Sasa K, Yoshino H, Ishikawa H, Harada M, Asakura K and Ishii H. 2008. Application of LEDs to Fishing Lights for Pacific Saury. J Light & Vis Env 32, 88-92. (DOI:10.2150/JLVE.32.88) https://doi.org/10.2150/jlve.32.88
- Tamura T. 1965. Fundamental studies on the visual sense in fish. In: Modern fishing gear of the world Krjstjonsson H ed Fishing News Ltd, London, England, 543-547.
- Tokushima Agriculture, Forestry, and Fisheries Technology Support Center. 2010. Operation guideline of the hairtail trolling fishery that utilized an LED fishing.
- Yamashita Y, Matsushita Y, Azuno T. 2012. Catch performance of coastal squid jigging boats using LED panels in combination with metal halide lamps. Fish Res 113, 182-189. (DOI:10.1016/J.FISHRES.2011.10.011) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fishres.2011.10.011
- Yang YR. 1980. Response of rock bream and grass puffer to the colored lights. Bull Korean Soc Fish Technol 16, 37-42.
- An economic feasibility analysis of the automatic operation system development for hairtail trolling line in Jeju region, Korea vol.54, pp.2, 2018, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFOT.2018.54.2.164
- Effect of Underwater LED Fishing Light on the Catch of Hairtail Trolling Line vol.30, pp.3, 2018, https://doi.org/10.13000/JFMSE.2018.06.30.3.1156
Supported by : 한국해양과학기술진흥원