- Volume 14 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
A Study of First-time Fathers on Their Knowledge and Confidence in Newborn
첫 신생아 아버지의 양육 지식과 양육 자신감에 관한 연구
- Kim, NamSuk (Dept. of Nursing, ChejuHalla University)
- 김남석 (제주한라대학교 간호학과)
- Received : 2016.06.29
- Accepted : 2016.08.20
- Published : 2016.08.28
The aim of this study was to identify the parenting knowledge and confidence toward a first-time father of a newborn. The participants were 136 men in 2015. A descriptive correlation study design was used. Data analysis included descriptive statistics, pearson's correlation, t-test,
Newborn;Father;Parenting Knowledge;Parenting Confidence;education
- Y. D. Kim & D. K. Lee, “The parenting characteristics of in experienced father and the process of becoming father,” Journal of Children's Literature and Education, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 353-380, 2011.
- S. Y. Lee, “A concept analysis of the rearing,” Child Health Nursing Research, Vol. 4, No. 1, pp. 76-85, 1998.
- Y. J. Shin, "Father involvement in child rearing: A literature review," Dongduk Journal of Life Science Studies, Vol. 13, pp. 45-55, 2008.
- H. Y. Kim, J. M. Hwang, B. Y. Sun, D. K. Kim, "Research on men's paternal experiences and their work-father role conflict," Korean Women's Development Institute Report, pp. 1-344, 2008.
- Y. H. Lee, “A comparative study on time of child caring between father and mother,” Journal of Korean Council for Children & Rights, Vol. 16, No. 3, pp. 471-495, 2012.
- Y. M. Seo, “The effect of education program on primiparas knowledge, confidence and accuracy of behavior in newborn care,” Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, Vol. 28, No. 4, pp. 1060-1074, 1998. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.1922.214.171.1240
- Ministry of Gender Equality & Family, "Korean family survey (second)," 2011.
- A, Premberg, A. L, Hellstrom, M, Berg, "Experiences of the first year as father," Scandinavian Journal of Caring Science, Vol, 22, No. 1, pp. 56-63, 2008. DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1471-6712.2007.00584.x. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1471-6712.2007.00584.x
- H. S. Jeon, "The effects of familism and sense of intimacy to older parents on filial responsibility of Korean women," Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 5, pp. 501-506, 2016. DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.5.501 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.5.501
- H. J. Kwon, “The meaning of father's participation experiences in the educational program for fathers,” Korean Association of Child care & education, Vol. 9, No. 5, pp. 461-488, 2013.
- H. K. Kim, I. S. Jeong, “Effects of a newborn care education program on newborn care confidence and behavioral accuracy of primiparas in a postpartum care center,” Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, Vol. 37, No. 1, pp. 125-134, 2007. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2007.37.1.125
- Y. H. Kim, J. H. Lee, S. H. Park, M. R. Bang, S. Y. Park, J. A. Lee, J. Y. Jeong, O. S. An, “Motherhood and role confidence in the immediate postpartum period,” Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, Vol. 6, No. 2, pp. 291-304, 2000.
- S. Y. Lee, “An ethnography of child-rearing experiences of korean mothers living on Koje Island,” Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, Vol. 7, No. 4, pp. 518-535, 2001.
- S. Y. Lee, I. S. Kwon, "A comparative study on maternal role confidence and parenting stress according to the infant's feeding method," Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, Vol. 12, No. 3. pp. 231-239, 2006.
- J. M. StGeorge, R. J. Fletcher, "Fathers Online: Learning About Fatherhood Through the Internet," The Journal of Perinatal Education, Vol. 20, No. 3 pp. 154-162, 2011. DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.1891/1058-1243.20.3.154 https://doi.org/10.1891/1058-1243.20.3.154
- L. Asenhed, J. Kilstam, S. Alehagen, C. Baggens, "Becoming a father is an emotional roller coaster-an analysis of first-time fathers blogs," Journal of Clinical Nursing, Vo1. 23, No. 9. pp. 1309-1317, 2014. DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/jocn.12355 https://doi.org/10.1111/jocn.12355
- E. Schytt, M, Rergstrom, "First-time father's expectations and experiences of childbirth in relation to age," Midwifery, Vol. 30, No. 1, pp. 82-88, 2014. DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.midw.2013.01.015. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.midw.2013.01.015
- H. S. An, K. S. Bang, "Effects of newborn care education for first-time fathers on their knowledge and confidence in newborn care at postpartum one month," Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, Vol. 44, No. 4, pp. 428-436, 2014. DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2014.44.4.428 https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2014.44.4.428
- J. A. Lim & E. K. Yoo, “A study on the effects of father class upon father's level of knowledge and confidence about postpartal woman and newborn care,” Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, Vol. 8, No. 3, pp. 345-357, 2002.
- H. J. Lee, S. A. Lee, M. H. Kim, Y. H. Kim, N. H. Park, “A study of parental knowledge and confidence in newborn care,” Child Health Nursing Research, Vol. 10, No. 3, pp. 262-271, 2004.
- I. S. Kwon, "Trend and perspectives of studies on paternal parenting in pediatric nursing," Child Health Nursing Research, Vol. 19, No. 2, pp. 69-75, 2013. DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.4094/chnr.2013.19.2.69 https://doi.org/10.4094/chnr.2013.19.2.69
- Statistics Korea, Married for the couple's age gap http://kosis.kr/statHtml/statHtml.do?orgId=101&tblI dd=DT_1B83A08&conn_path=I2, 2015.
- H. J. Cho, "In Korea, women and men," 256-260, Moonji Publishing Co.,Ltd. 1999. DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.4094/chnr.2013.19.2.69
- S. M An, K. Y. Lee, S. M, Lee, “Fathers' parenting participation and time,” Korean Family Resource Management Association, Vol. 17, No. 2, pp. 93-119, 2013.
- E. K. Lee, "factors related to problem drinking of male workers according to occupational classes," Journal of Digital convergence, Vol. 13, No. 1, pp. 375-382, 2015. DOI:http://dx.doi.org.10.14400/JDC.2015.13.1.375 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.1.375
- S. M. Ryu, H. J. Lee, "The meaning of parental experience for parents-Focusing on pre-pregnancy, pregnancy, childbirth, and parenting," The Korea Society for Eco Early Childhood Education, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 51-77, 2015
- S. Yang, “Men's fathering experiences focused on tensions and conflict of multiple roles,” Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 375-383, 2013.
- K. J. Hong, M. S. Hwang, H. W. Kim, “Primipara's maternal Identity & self confidence for caring the baby during the immediate postpartum period,” Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, Vol. 4, No. 1, pp. 65-77, 1998.
- L. McKellar, J. Pincombe, A. Henderson, "Enhancing fathers' educational experiences during the early postnatal period," The Journal of Perinatal Education, Vol. 17, No. 4, pp. 12-20, 2008. DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.1624/105812408x364134 https://doi.org/10.1624/105812408X364134
- Y. H. Joo, E. S. Jung, M. S. Shin, "The relationship of college student's value on marriage, children and sexual attitude. The Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 19, No. 9, pp. 267-27, 2013.