- Volume 14 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Meaning of improving early childhood music classes by teaching in small group mentoring - Early childhood music teaching activities based on musical concepts; using microteaching analysis -
소그룹-멘토링을 활용한 유아음악 수업개선의 의미 탐색 - 음악적 개념에 기초한 유아음악 수업활동에 대한 마이크로티칭 분석을 중심으로 -
- Chang, Eun-Ju (Dept. of Early Chidhood Edecation, Shinhan University) ;
- Jo, Hye-Seon (Dept. of Early Chidhood Edecation, Shinhan University)
- Received : 2016.06.28
- Accepted : 2016.08.20
- Published : 2016.08.28
The purpose of this study is to explore the meaning(significance) of improving early childhood music teaching classes while analyzing microteaching in small group mentoring process. Improvement on teaching was carried out in the form of fellow teacher mentoring made up of small groups of 4 members through microteaching analysis, and the research findings are as follows. First, it was discovered that a clear understanding of musical concepts and theories must take precedence for desirable teaching of early childhood music. Second, it could be confirmed whether musical concepts are well integrated with actual early childhood music teaching activities through small group mentoring. Third, in the process of small group mentoring using microteaching analysis, sympathy was found to be highly important in the improvement on early childhood music teaching by research participants.
Musical concepts;Improvement on teaching;Microteaching;Small group mentoring;lesson video analysis
- Chang Ui Hong, "Study to investigate the children's social skills through teacher's self-reflective thinking process," M. Ed. dissertation, Chung-Ang University, 2007.
- Ki Chul Kim, Perception of elementary school teachers on physical education, http://www.sportnest.kr/1500, July 28, 2015. 2012.
- Dewey, J., "How we think : A Restatement of The Relation of Reflective Thinking to The Educative Process," Boston, MA : D. C. Heath and Company, 1933.
- Youngeun Kim, Hyun-Jung Lee, “A study on undergraduate students' self-growth experiences in a counseling skills training course,” Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 5, pp. 315-328, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.5.315
- Schon, D, "The Reflective practitioner: How think in action," New York: Basic Books. 1983.
- Sam Hwan Joo, "Instructional Supervision," Seuol: Hakjisa, 2003.
- Berg, M. H., and smith, J. P., "Using videotapes to improve teaching. Music Educators Journal," Vol. 82, No. 4, pp. 31-37. 1996.
- Jong Hyun Lee, "Study on developing growth-oriented self-evaluation inventory for elementary school teachers," Ph, D. Korea National University of Education, 2004.
- Wonjung Kim, "Study of self-reflective process on pre-service physical education teachers' microteaching, Korean Journal of Sport Pedagogy," Vol. 17, No. 1, pp. 25-52, 2010.
- Young Nam Cho, “Microteaching and Teacher Education -Systematic Approach for the Improvement of Teaching Behavior,” The Journal of Educational Research, Vol. 31, No. 5, pp. 77-92, 1993.
- Music Council of Australia(2011). Inquiry into the Education and Training Workforce: Early Childhood Development, http://musicaustralia.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/MA-Submission-to-the-Productivity-Commission-on-the-Inquiry-into-the-Education-and-Training-Workforce-Early-Childhood-Development-31-Jan-2011.pdf, March 14, 2014.
- Seon-ah Yoo, "Teachers' recognition for music education of young children and actual condition of in-service training for music education," M. Ed. dissertation, Duksung Womens University, 2005.
- Eun-Ju Chang, "Development of the early childhood music education program model for in-service teachers," M. Ed. dissertation, Ph, D. Ewha Womens University, 2007.
- Eun-Ju Chang, "Early childhood music education," Seuol: Yangseowon, 2009.
- Kim, J. "Investigation of pre-service teacher's self perception on musical knowledge and teaching efficacy," International Journal of Early Childhood Education, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 81-98, 2005.
- Hough, B. W., "Virtual communities of practice in teacher education: Assessing reflection in computer mediated communication environments," Ph. D. dissertation. Vanderbilt University. 2000.
- Kyoung Eun Kim, "Class Critique for Enhancing the Professionalism of Social Studies student teachers, Journal of Research in Curriculum & Instruction," Vol. 15, No. 3, pp. 711-735, 2011. https://doi.org/10.24231/rici.2011.15.3.711
- Hee Jeong Cho, Dae Kyun Lee, “The Impact of Reflective Teaching Analysis Using Microteaching on Preservice Early Childhood Teacher's Teaching Abilities of Music,” The Journal of Korea Open Association for Early Childhood Education, Vol. 16, No. 5, pp. 109-139, 2011.
- Ji Young Young, Seung Ryoul Lim, “Analysis of Preservice Early Childhood Teachers' Practical Knowledge Developed in a Mock Music Class Using the Microteaching,” Journal of Research in Music Education, Vol. 41, No. 3, pp. 227-249, 2012.
- Young Chun Kim, "Bricoleur," Seuol: Moomumsa, 2006.
- Ji Young Yoon, Young Youn Kim, Ok Seung Yang, "Development for Measurement Scale of Pedagosical Content Knowledge in Early Childhood Music," Journal of Research in Music Education, Vol. 44, No. 1, pp. 141-165. 2015.
- Clandinin, D. J., & Connelly, F. M. "Narrative inquiry: Experience and story in qualitative research," San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 2000.
- Su-Young Lee, Mi-Sun Youn, Youngeun Kim, “A Study on Counselor's Professional Development Experiences of Undergraduate Students Through Reflective Journal Writing,” Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 43-56, 2015.
- Jeong Jun Park, Eui Chang Choi, “Understanding The Pre-service PE Teacher's Practical Knowledge through Reflective Micro-teaching,” Korean Journal of Sport Science, Vol. 21, No. 4, pp. 1595-1614, 2010. https://doi.org/10.24985/kjss.2010.21.4.1595
- Elbaz, F., "The teacher's "practical knowledge," Report of a case study: Curriculum Inquiry," Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 43-71, 1981.
- Sato Manabu, "If you change your class change schools," Seuol: Educare, 2006.
- Yong Ha Kim, "Analysis of Teachers' Verbal Interaction at the Elementary Part of Special Schools for Students with Physical and Multiple Disabilities According to the Flanders Instructional Analysis Method," M. Ed. dissertation, Dae-gu University, 2008.
- Young Youn Kim, "Early childhood music education: Past, present and future. Korean Journal of Research in Music Education," Vol. 18, pp. 99-114. 1999.
- Hoffer, C. R., "Introduction to music education. Belmont," CA: Wordsworth Publishing, 1993.
- McDonald, D. T., & Simons, G. M., "Musical growth and development: Birth through six," New York: Schirmer Books. 1989.