- Volume 14 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Policy case study for urban waterfront regeneration -Focused on Han River management foundation plan and London Thames gateway regeneration project-
도시 수변공간 재생을 위한 정책 사례연구 -한강변 관리 기본계획과 런던 템즈 게이트웨이 광역 재생사업을 중심으로-
- Received : 2016.06.13
- Accepted : 2016.08.20
- Published : 2016.08.28
In 2007, London Thames Gateway delivery plan was started, and it was in progress to solve climate change, population density, housing problems, green space, regional imbalances, and transportation issues from east London and Kent to Essex. The plan was carried out faithfully local autonomy enlargement of local governments. This case is evaluated as a successful case of waterfront regeneration with well balanced on development and conservation. This study concludes as follows by comparing with this case and a new Han River management foundation plan. First, Seoul's new plan needs to change to diffuse thinking on comprehensively understanding. Second, local and central government, which are adjacent to Han River, need management scheme in cooperation. Third, the countermeasures for solving traffic problems in Seoul are required through the provision of transportation method to take advantage of the waterfront.
Waterfront;Regeneration;Themes gateway;Seoul;Han River
Grant : BK21플러스
Supported by : 홍익대학교
- Peter Murray, "Turning the tide; Regenerating London's Thames Gateway", New london architecture, pp. 4-5, 2006.
- Terry Farrell, "The Thames gateway-where the next?", Smith institute, p59-78, 2009.
- Soon-Ja Lee, "The Thames gateway plan of the United Kingdom for rejuvenating waterfront areas", Krihs policy brief, Vol. 305, p.5, 2010.
- Tim Dixon, "The role of the UK development industry in brownfield regeneration", The college of estate management, vol.2, p.16, 2005.
- South east england councils, "Thames gateway economic development investment plan", EEDA, LDA, SEEDA, pp. 23-87, 2009.
- Medway Council, "Thames gateway the delivery plan", RDA, pp. 5-19, 2009.
- DCLG., "Thames gateway parklands vision", Crown, pp. 36-53, 2008.
- Royal geographic society, The Thames gateway, https://21stcenturychallenges.org/the-thames-gateway, 2015.
- LSE London, The Thames gateway background paper, http://www.lse.ac.uk/geographyAndEnvironment/research/london/events/HEIF/HEIF2_06-08/ThamesGateway/thamesGateway.aspx, 2008.
- Y. S. Kwon, M. S. Cho, "A study on the urban planning and design principles on riverfront", Auri, p.21, 2010.
- Creating sustainable communities, "Decision document; An urbam development corporation for the London Thames Gateway", Office of the Deputy prime minister, p.4, 2004.
- Learning and skills in Kent and Medway, "2002 assessment Thames gateway", LSC, pp. 35-38, 2002.
- Seoul gov., Han River management foundation plan, http://urban.seoul.go.kr/4DUPIS/sub3_12.jsp, 2015.
- Seoul gov., Han River management foundation plan, http://citybuild.seoul.go.kr/archives/54763, 2015.
- Ministry of culture, sports and tourism, http://www.mcst.go.kr/web/s_notice/press/pressView.jsp?pSeq=14453, 2015.
- Kyoungho Choi, Jin Ah Yoo, "A reviews on the social network analysis using R", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 77-83, 2015.
- Seong-Hoon Lee, "Actual Cases and Analysis of IT Convergence for Green IT", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 147-152, 2015.