- Volume 14 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Study on the differences in the stress and the strategies for coping with such stress arising from clinical fieldwork in accordance with the DISC behavioral style of some of the students of occupational therapy department
일부 작업치료(학)과 학생들의 DISC 행동유형에 따른 임상실습 스트레스 및 대처방식의 차이에 관한 연구
- Cha, Su-Min (Dept. of Occupational Therapy, Choonhae College of Health Sciences)
- 차수민 (춘해보건대학교 작업치료과)
- Received : 2016.06.14
- Accepted : 2016.08.20
- Published : 2016.08.28
This Study aims to examine the differences in stress arising from clinical fieldwork of some of the students of occupational therapy department in accordance with the DISC behavioral style and the differences in the coping strategy. It is to provide basic data for the presentation of means of coping with stress that can occur at the time of clinical fieldwork in accordance with the behavioral styles of the students. As the results of the study, it was found that there are differences in the detailed items of clinical fieldwork stress in accordance with the DISC behavioral styles and differences in the strategy for copying with stress in accordance with the DISC behavioral styles. Therefore, there is a need to develop manual for fieldwork instructions and consultations in order for the students of occupational therapy department to cope with the clinical fieldwork stress at the time of clinical fieldwork by considering the behavioral styles of the students through additional researches in the future on the basis of aforementioned results of the study.
DISC behavioral style;Clinical Fieldwork;Stress;Coping Strategies;Department of Occupational Therapy
- Cohen J, Statistical power analysis for the behavioral sciences. Hillsdale, NJ: Erlbaum. 1988.
- H. K. Lee, “A Study on stress and coping method of nursing students,” Psychiatric Nursing Research, Vol. 12, No. 4, pp. 586-593, 2003.
- H. K. Ju, & I. P. Hwang, “A study on the relatedness among stress causes, symptoms related, and groups that apply to,” The e-Business Studies, Vol. 13, No. 5, pp. 23-35, 2012.
- Y. H. Lee, “Major Satisfaction, Nursing Professionalism and College Life Satisfaction according to DISC Behavior Patterns in Nursing Students,” Journal of Learner-Centered Curriculum and Instruction, Vol. 15, No. 2, pp. 523-538, 2015.
- K. H. Bang, H. K. Jang, & Y. M. Jung, “Relation between the DISC Behavior, Coping Type and Level of Stress and Job Satisfaction, Organizational Committment of Hospital Employees,” Korean Society of Hospital Management, Vol. 15, No. 3, pp. 17-32, 2010.
- Y. H. Jeong, & K. H. Lee, “Effect of Verbal Abuse Experience, Coping Style and Resilience on Emotional Response and Stress During Clinical Practicum among Nursing Students,” Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 397-399, 2016.
- H. U. Yoon, & N. R. Oh, “Satisfaction practiceof the practice conditions characteristic for Dental Hygiene(department) major,” Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 305-314, 2016.
- S. Y. Bae, & S. H. Kim, “Analysis of Convergent Influence of Positive Emotion, Negative Emotion and Job Seeking Stress on Depression among College Women of Health Affiliated Educations,” Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 269-278, 2016.
- K A. Jang, “Factors Affecting Clinical Competency of Dental Hygiene Students,” Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 35-42, 2015.
- Y. H. Park, "A Little View on the Understand of Supervision and Fieldwork Evaluation and Interviewing Techniques in Need of Social Work Department Student's Fieldwork," Kyonggi University. Social Welfare a collection of treatises. 1988.
- I. K. Jo, "Role Performance of Cooperating Teacher as viewed by Student Teacher," Ewha Womans University. 1993.
- S. H., Ko, & K. M. Kim, “A study on first clinical practice experience of nursing students,” Korean Nurse, Vol. 33, No. 2, pp. 9-17, 1994.
- M. Y., Park, & S. E. Kim, “A study on first clinical practice experience of nursing college students,” Journal of Korean Academy Society Nursing Education, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 23-35, 2000.
- M. H. Nam, & H. O. Kim, “Relations between Clinical practice Emotional labor, Self esteem and Major Satisfaction of among Nursing Students,” Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 263-273, 2016.
- Y. J. Kim, “Type of Coping with Stress of Nursing Students,” Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 5, No. 3, pp. 29-39, 2014.
- N. H. Kim, "Pre-Service EFL Teachers' Field Training Experiences and Changes in their Beliefs and Teaching Practices," Master's thesis. Konkuk University. 2006.
- J. S. Choi, “Comparison of Perceptions about Teaching Practices by Student Teachers Before and After Practice Teaching,” Korean Journal of Child Studies, Vol. 26, No. 4, pp. 113-123, 2005.
- M. K. Choi, Y. S. Jeon, W. J. Hong, S. K. Kim, D. H. Kim, & A. J. Kim, “A Study on Satisfaction and Evaluation of Students' Spot - Practice in Department of Food and Nutrition,” The Korean Society of Food Science and Nutrition, Vol. 33, No. 2, pp. 373-380, 2004. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2004.33.2.373
- M. J. Park, "Study on Process and Content of Field Instruction of Community Center," Master's thesis. Seoul Women's University. 1999,
- H. J. Park, & J. W. Oh, “The Relationships of the Clinical Practice Stress and the Major Satisfaction with the Nursing Professionalism of Nursing College Students,” Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 12, pp. 417-426, 2014.
- K. F. Lewin, "Theory in social science: selected theoretical paper," New York: Harper & Row. 1951.
- Korea Educational Consulting Institute [Internet]. DOI: http://www.kdisc.co.kr/page/sub2_1.
- J. A. Kwon, J. H. No, S. J. Jang, J. W. Won, & S. H. Sim, “Factors Affecting the Job Satisfaction of Occupational Therapists,” Journal of Korean Society of Occupational Therapy, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 119-132, 2007.
- J. K. Kim, S. Y. Park, T. Y. Lee, & D. H. Kan, “The Perception of Occupational Therapy Students on the Clinical Fieldwork,” Journal of Korean Society of Occupational Therapy, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 69-81, 2004.
- Marston W, M, "Emotions of normal people," Minneapolis: Persona Press. 1979.
- DISC personal profile system. Korea educational consulting institute, trans. Seoul: Korea Educational Consulting Institute. 2001.
- Lee Y. J, " Relationship of DISC behavioral styles and job satisfaction among corporate membership," Master's thesis. p.1-73. Seoul: Korea University. 2009.
- Oh W. S, "According to the type of organization behavior of human resource development," The Korean Institute of Industrial Studies Kyonggi University, Vol. 12, pp. 207-224, 2000.
- Eysenck, H. J, "Stress diesease and personality," The inoculatiom effect, in stress research, edited by Cary, L. Cooper, John Willy, & Sons, Lid. 1983
- Lazarus, R, S, "Psychological stress and the coping process," NY. : Mcgraw-Hill. 1996.
- Lazrus, R, S, & Folkman. S, "If it changes it must be a process: A study of emotion and coping during three stages of collage examination," Journal of personality and Social Psychology, Vol. 4, pp. 150-170, 1984.
- H. J. Park, "Study on Job Stress and Response to it of High School Teachers in Charge of Third-grade Class," Master's thesis. Ewha Womans University. 2003.
- Levels of Clinical Practice Stress and Coping Strategies according to Nursing Students' Personality/Behavior Types vol.14, pp.2, 2017, https://doi.org/10.16952/pns.2017.14.2.81