- Volume 14 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Trend of Creativity-related Spatial Design Education Focusing on Design Process
공간디자인의 창의성 연계 교육 연구동향 -디자인 프로세스를 중심으로-
- An, Somi (Dept. of Interior Design, Baekseok University)
- 안소미 (백석대학교)
- Received : 2016.07.08
- Accepted : 2016.08.20
- Published : 2016.08.28
The purpose of this study is to analyze the trend of spatial design education focusing on creativity based on design process. In this research, the theoretical frame of design process focused on creativity was organized and the trend of creativity education study in the spatial design and other design sectors was compared and analyzed. As a result of the research, the creativity education study of spatial design analyzed such a result showed the relatively low frequency, many of studies related to formative expression of idea. On the contrary, the creativity education of other design sectors is related to overall process the most, the major contents were represented as a creativity enhancement eduction through the conversion with other sectors, the utilization of study method and theology and the utilization of IT technology. The result of this study suggests that more various attempts are required for the spatial design education and that the attempts should orient the conversion between science and art, humanity and science and the integrated access of digital and analogue.
Spatial Design Education;Design Education;Design Process;Creativity;Convergence;Trend
Supported by : 백석대학교
- So-mi An, “A Study on Educational Methods using Concept Models for Creative Spatial Design,” Journal of Basic Design & Art, Vol. 15, No. 2, pp. 307-315, 2015.
- Nigel Cross, "Design Thinking: Understanding How Designers Think and Work," Bloomsbury Academic, 2011.
- Dong-Joo Kim, Eun-Yong Ha, “The Future Direction of Information Education in University according to Computerization,” Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 10, pp. 33-40, 2015.
- Gab-Sang Ryu, “Development of Educational Model for ICT-based Convergence Expert,” Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 75-80, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.6.075
- Yeob-Myeong Son, Byeong-Soo Jung, “Convergence Development of Video and E-learning System for Education Disabled Students,” Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 113-119, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.4.113
- Su-Young Pi, “Educational Utilization of Smart Devices in the Convergence Education Era,” Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 5, pp. 317-327, 2015.
- So-mi An, "Study on Spatial Design Education and On. Offline Communication Methods," Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 6, pp. 29-37, 2015.
- Eun Jung Hong, “Providing a Direction to Interactive Design Education According to the Changes in IT Environment -Focusing on College Education-,” Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 4, pp. 265-276, 2014.
- So-mi An, “Study on Web-related Spatial Design Research Trend,” Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 8, pp. 481-492, 2014.
- Kyung-won Chun, "Creativity for Harmony Bbetween the East and the West," Seoul: Hakmunsa, 2000.
- Jae-en Kim, Sun-jung Hong, "Creativity and Emotion Education," Seoul: Changjisa, 2012.
- Sung-joo Chang, "Is Architecture Science?:The Scientific Issue for Architectural Design," Plus, 1993.
- Nigel Cross, "Designerly Ways of Knowing," Springer, 2010.
- Paul, G., and W. Beitz, "Engineering Design," Design Council, London, 1984, p 60
- Korean Institute of Interior Design, "Interior Design," Seoul: Kimoondang, 2009.
- Eun-hee Choi, “A Study on Effect Verification of Verbal and Visual Analogy for Creativity Enhancement -Experimental Study Focused on the Comparison of Experimental Group and Comparative Group,” Journal of Korean Institute of Interior Design, Vol. 20, No. 2, pp. 30-38, 2011.
- Dong-hyeog Choi, “A Study on the Architectural Design Education as a Basic Design Education in terms of Creative Thinking Training -Focused on the Formative Procedure in the Basic Architectural Design Studio,” Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea, Vol. 28, No. 9, pp. 123-130, 2012a.
- Seun-yeop Han, Jong-hyub Lee, Hang-sub Park, Sang-hun Lee, “A Study on the Examination on the Importance of Architectural Model in the Process of Architectural Design,” Design Convergence Study, Vol. 12, No. 6, pp. 113-126, 2013.
- Mi-jeong Kim, Ju-hyun Lee, Myung-eun Cho, “Design Approaches to Virtual Architecture in a Digital Design Studio,” Journal of Digital Design, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 53-61, 2013. https://doi.org/10.17280/jdd.2013.13.3.006
- Han-hee Choi, Mi-jeong Kim, “An Evaluation Method for Assessing Creativity in Design Education,” Journal of the Korean Society of Design Culture, Vol. 20, No. 1, pp. 649-658, 2014.
- Young-sun Lee, Won-kyung Kim, “A Study on Comparing Creativity Awareness of Students majoring in Design,” Journal of Digital Design, Vol. 15, No. 2, pp. 415-426, 2015. https://doi.org/10.17280/jdd.2015.15.2.039
- Eu-na Ha, "Building Design Thinking System through the Design Type of Analysis," Korea Science & Art Forum, Vol. 20, pp. 475-487, 2015. https://doi.org/10.17548/ksaf.2015.06.20.475
- Mi-ra Seo, Sang-jin Park, Hoon-sung Kwak, "A Study on the Creative Web Design Concept Development," Journal of the Korea Contents Association, Vol. 6, Ntto.6, pp. 136-143, 2006.
- Eung-bum Park, "A Study on Mind Mapping techniques application to Basic Design Education," Korea Design Knowledge Journal, Vol. 8, pp. 57-64, 2008.
- Ji-yeon Shin, "The Application of ASIT in the Idea Process Program of Eco-Packaging Design," Journal of Digital Design, Vol. 12, No. 2 pp. 54-66, 2012.
- Yang-mi Park, “The Effects After Appling PBL(problem-based learning) On-Off Line in Design Class,” Journal of digital design, Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 125-134, 2014. https://doi.org/10.17280/jdd.2014.14.3.013
- Ji Sun Lee, “A Study on Ideation Method of Design Thinking for Convergence Education -Focus on Technology Education Cases,” Journal of the Korean Society of Design Culture, Vol. 19, No. 2, pp. 433-445, 2013.
- Ji-yoon Chun, Kyung-sun Kim, “A Study on Interactive Media Design for an Implementation of Smart Contents Using Creative Storytelling,” Journal of digital design, Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 581-590, 2014.
- Ja-in Kim, “Design Thinking Education in d.School,” Journal of Digital Design, Vol. 15, No. 4, pp. 97-108, 2015. https://doi.org/10.17280/jdd.2015.15.1.010
- Tae-il Lee, “Factors of Interactive Prototyping for Creative Interaction Design,” Archives of Design Research, Vol. 23, No. 5, pp. 27-36, 2010.
- Kyung-seog Lee, In-hwa Hwang, "A Study on the Characteristic Forms of Floral Image in Learning Design Basics Principles," Vol. 18, pp. 112-121, 2011.
- Yeon-sik Yoo, "A Study of Educational Experiment about 'Methods of Reverse Semantic Language' for Ingenious Product Formative Design," Korea Science & Art Forum, Vol. 16, pp. 227-227, 2014. https://doi.org/10.17548/ksaf.2014.06.16.227
- Hee-kyung Koo, "Review and Analysis of Design Creativity Characteristics Using Causal Maps," Korea Science & Art Forum, Vol. 16, pp. 227-227, 2014. https://doi.org/10.17548/ksaf.2014.06.16.227
- Eun-hyun Sung, Moon-ki Shin, “Influences of Creativity and Academic Achievements On the Ability of Architectural Design,” Journal of The Architectural Institute Of Korea, Vol. 20, No. 9, pp. 41-48, 2004.
- Ju-yeon Kim, “Study on Application of Unified Education Methodology through Space Design,” Journal of Digital Design, Vol. 10, No. 4, pp. 143-151, 2010. https://doi.org/10.17280/jdd.2010.10.4.014
- Han-hee Choi, Mi-jeong Kim, Myung-eun Cho, “A Critical Review of Research on Design Education Focusing on Creativity in Architectural Design,” Archives of Design Research, Vol. 26, No. 3, pp. 119-138, 2013.
- So-young Kim, “The Development of Interaction Methods in Online Education -with Emphasis on the Improvement of Learners' Creativities,” Journal of the Korean Society Design Culture, Vol. 11, No. 4, pp. 33-42, 2005.
- Myung-hwan Yoo, In-young Choi, “A Study on the Methodology of e-Learning based Visual Communication Design Education,” Archives of Design Research, Vol. 20, No. 4, pp. 101-114, 2007.
- Yoo-kyung Chung, “Verification of Effectiveness on Design Eeducation based on Research,” Journal of Digital Design, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 277-286, 2011. https://doi.org/10.17280/jdd.2011.11.2.027
- Mi-ra Seo, Ae-kyung Kim, Young-woo Lee, “Application of Creative Design-inducing, Teaching-learning Method for Improvement of Creativity,” Journal Of the Korea Contents Association, Vol. 15, No. 3, pp. 448-457, 2015.
- Soon-jeong Park, “A Study on the Relationship between Service Design and Creative Consilience -Focusing on Public Service Design Cases,” Journal of Digital Design, Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 1019-1030, 2014.
- Won-sup Kim, "Development of Creative Education Program for Convergence Design," Korea Design Knowledge Journal, Vol. 25, pp. 387-395, 2013.
- Shin-young Lee, Yang-mi Park, “A Proposal for Co-Creation-Based Convergence Design Education,” Journal of the Korean Society of Design Culture, Vol. 21, No. 4, pp. 501-510, 2015.