- Volume 14 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Evaluation for User Experience about Interface Design of Video-Sharing Website -Mainly with Analysis on 'YouTube' and 'Vimeo'-
영상 공유 사이트의 인터페이스 디자인에 따른 사용자 경험 연구 -유튜브(YouTube)와 비메오(Vimeo)를 중심으로-
- Lee, Seung-Yun (Dept. of Digital Media Design, HongIk University, International Design School for Advanced Studies) ;
- Kim, Seung-In (Dept. of Digital Media Design, HongIk University, International Design School for Advanced Studies)
- Received : 2016.06.07
- Accepted : 2016.08.20
- Published : 2016.08.28
The study evaluates user experiences of YouTube and Vimeo, typical Video-sharing websites, to suggest guidelines that are more user-cantered and useful. I did some literature research followed with evaluation of theoretical backgrounds, present conditions and future services. Also, I used the six principles of "Creating Pleasurable Interface" by Stephen Anderson to conduct an in-depth interview. The results indicate that YouTube needs to improve availability of its functions and usability by reducing advertisement. Vimeo needs to improve its popularity by increasing popular contents and add relationship service such as personal broadcasting system and community services. I expect this study will become a good resource for upgrading user experiences of Video-sharing websites. I also believe that this study can guide other studies about user experience in other fields.
User Experience;Interface;Video-Sharing Website;YouTube;Vimeo;In-Depth Interview
Grant : BK21플러스
Supported by : 홍익대학교
- Min Jeong Kim, "A Study on the factors on use diversity or usage of mobile video services," The Korea Society of Digital Policy and Management, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp389-396, 2016.
- Kye Rim Lee, Eun Ah Jang, Seung In Kim, "Evaluation of Usability for Mobile Live Streaming Application," Journal of Digital Design, Vol. 13, No. 1, p3, 2013.
- Ji Hyun Yi, "A Study on the Aspects of User for UCC Video Sharing Website through Comparing the Evaluation Reports and Video Categories of Domestic and Foreign UCC Video Sharing Websites," Archives of Design Research, Vol. 22, No. 1, p3, 2009.
- Heon-Tag Kong, Sung-Bum Ko, "Expansion of the Web Space," Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 2, No. 3, pp. 25-32, 2011.
- Na Mi Kim, Hyo Jin Kim, "Comparative study about the user experience, product attitudes, and repurchase intention regarding smart phone UI(User Interface) in Korea and China," The Korea Society of Digital Policy and Management, Vol. 13, No. 10, pp501-508, 2015.
- Jeong Gyu Joo, Jun Hwan Lee, Han Jin Cho, "Study on Human Motion based Smartphone UX Pattern using User Experience Design," The Korea Society of Digital Policy and Management, Vol. 10, No. 9, pp345-350, 2012.
- Sik-Wan Cho, Won-Jun Jang, Hyung-Woo Lee, “Development of User Oriented Vulnerability Analysis Application on Smart Phone,” Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 3, No. 2, pp. 7-12, 2012.
- Sun Chul Kim, "A Study on User Experience-based Interface Trend for the Smart Phone," Korea Design Knowledge Journal, Vol. 26, No. 1, 4p, 2013
- Doo Won Cha, "User eXperience," IT R&D Policy Review, Vol. 5, No. 1, p5, 2011.
- DOI: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_hosting_service
- Sun Jin Kim, "The present and prospect of Online Video, Music service and Media Usage," The Jounal of Society for e-Business Studies, Vol. 26, No. 1, p2, 2015.
- So hee Yoon, Seung In Kim, "Evaluation of Usability for Mobile Streaming Application," Journal of Digital Design, Vol. 15, No. 3, p3 2015.
- DOI: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YouTube
- Yea Li You, Seung In Kim, "Evaluation of Usability for Mobile Video Production Application," Journal of Digital Design, Vol. 14, No. 3, p3, 2014.
- Joong Goo Kang, “Statistics Briefing,” KOCCA, Vol. 15, No. 8, pp. 7-9, 2015.
- DOI: https://www.youtube.com
- DOI: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vimeo
- DOI: https://vimeo.com/about/advertisers
- DOI: https://vimeo.com/home
- Eun Min Lee, "Recent trend of main internet video service," Communications Commission policy, Vol. 25, No. 7, 5p, 2013.
- Myoung Ho Choi, "The Situation and Prospects of Individual Broadcast Service," The Journal of The Korean Institute of Communication Sciences, Vol. 33, No. 4, 3-5p, 2016.
- KOCCA, “2003 The game of state,” KOCCA, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 747-790, 2003.
- Bang Young Sohn, Hye Sun Suh, "Market condition of Digital contents through interviewing Experts in Business and Research Analysis about License of Individual Contents," The Korea Society of Digital Policy and Management, Vol. 12, No. 12, pp357-364, 2014.