- Volume 14 Issue 8
A behavior tree is to express the behavior of artificial intelligence. The behavior tree has a characteristic that is easy to change state transitions than FSM(Finite State Machine), see the progress of the action. For these reasons, the behavior tree is widely used in more than FSM. This paper is to analyze the advantages and disadvantages on behavior trees of game engines, proposes the improved behavior tree based on analyzed them. To achieve this, in this paper, first, examines the role of node and the behavior tree structure of the unity engine, unreal engine. Second, discusses the advantages and disadvantages based on it. Third, proposes the behavior tree to improve the disadvantages of behavior tree of unity engine and unreal engine, depth of behavior tree and search time required to select the execution node. This paper can help developers using the tree to develop the game.
Behavior Tree;Game Engine;FSM;Artificial Intelligence;Unity Engine
Supported by : Baekseok University
- Lee ManJae, “Artfical Intelligence in Game,” Journal of KIPS, Vol. 9, No. 3, pp. 69-76, 2002.
- MuounJae Lee, "Implementation of NPC Artificial Intelligence Using Agonistic Behavior of Animals," Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 1, 2014.
- Yong-Gwan Kim, "Study on the Principle of Crowd Simulation Applying Artificial Intelligence," The Korean Journal of Animation, Vol. 5, No. 3, 2009.
- YoungIm Cho, "A Study on Application of Artificial Intelligence in Computer Networks," PYONGTAEK REVIEW, Vol. 11, 1998.
- Mee Kyung Nam, "A Study on Present Condition of Development and Market of Artificial Intelligence Robot In and Out of Country," Journal of KSDC, Vol. 16, No. 2, 2010.
- Byeong Heon Cho, Sung Hoon Jung, et.al, "Artificial Intelligence : An Implementation of Intelligent Game Characters using Neural Networks", The KIPS Transactions : Part B., Vol. 11, No. 7, 2004.
- Myun Sub Lee, Byeong Heon Cho, et.al, "An Intelligent Characters for Fighting Action Games Using Genetic Algorithms," The KIPS Transactions : Part B, Vol. 12, No. 3, 2005.
- Yong Beom Kim, Yung Sik Kim, "Artificial Intelligence : Development of a Adaptive Knowledge Base Object Model for Intelligent Tutoring System," The KIPS Transactions : Part B, Vol. 14, No3. 2006.
- Hyeon-Uk Le, Ji-Hun Kim, Hyunchul Ahn, "An Integrated Model based on Genetic Algorithms for Implementing Cost-Effective Intelligent Intrusion Detection Systems," Journal of Kiiss, Vol. 18, No. 1, 2012.
- Kyungul Bae, "Implementation and Design of Artificial Intelligence Face Recognition in Distributed Environment," Journal of Kiiss, Vol. 10, No. 1, 2004.6.
- Aung Situ, Cliford Peters, "Unity game AI programming to implement a variety of artificial intelligence technology to Unity," Acon press, 2015.
- MyounJae Lee, Implementation of NPC Artificial Intelligence Using Agonistic Behavior of Animals, Journal of Digital Policy Society, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 555-561, 2014.
- MyounJae Lee, "An Artificial Intelligence Evaluation on FSM-Based Game NPC, Journal of KCGS, vol.14, No. 5, pp. 127-136, 2014.
- JinSeok Seo, “HSM(Hierarchical State Machine) based LOD AI for Computer Games,” Journal of Digital Policy Society, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 143-169, 2013.
- SunJun Yoo, “A Study on Types and Limitations of Control Systems in Computer Game Artificial Intelligence,” Journal of Digital Policy Society, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 35-40, 2006.
- KI-Dom Lee, “A Exploration of Neural Network Development Methodologies,” Journal of Digital Policy Society, Vol. 9, No. 4, pp. 91-101, 2011.