- Volume 14 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
A study on digital jewelry design through reinterpretation of symbolic element of Peony flower in Minwha with Linguistic analysis
민화 '모란' 의 언어학적 상징요소 재해석을 통한 디지털 주얼리 디자인 연구
- Lee, Ji-Won (Dept. of Design Studies, Hongik University, IDAS) ;
- Nah, Ken (Dept. of Design Studies, Hongik University, IDAS)
- Received : 2016.06.05
- Accepted : 2016.08.20
- Published : 2016.08.28
This research is aimed to discuss for Korean cultural contents; symbol structure of Minwha painting which not only expresses openness, flexible expression and methods of communication of our ancestors but also possibly passes down as precious cultural heritage to modern society with new developed mediums. From this perspectives, as a method of research, modern jewelry design is created through digital process with linguistics analysis of its symbol structure that contains universal wishes of people. As a result, this research showed jewelry design and design process, titled "Blossom" and "Big Smile" grafting modern technology of 3D digital tool onto universal meaning symbolized by Peony flower, wealth and honor, and also grafted modern manufacturing methods of 3D printing and laser cut onto openness and flexible thinking in symbol structure in Minwha.
Minwha;Peony;Symbol structure;Jewelry;3D Digital
Grant : BK21플러스
Supported by : 홍익대학교
- Busan Museum, "Praying for the Happiness- Korean Decorative Paintings", pp6, Minjokmunwha, 2007
- Busan Museum, "Praying for the Happiness- Korean Decorative Paintings", pp7, Minjokmunwha, 2007
- Jungok,Ja, "A Study on Middle people culture of Josun Dynasty", pp72, Iljisa, 2003
- Junhyen Kim, "The Characteristics of Minwha and its beauty and meaning", pp282-292, Sunmun University Museum, 2003
- Kiyoung Kim, "Fall in Love to Minwha", pp138, Hyohyong Publish, 2010
- Mihakdeakyeakanhanghwe,"The problem and methods in esthetic", pp300, Seoul National University press, 2007
- "Term Definition of Signifiant and Signifie", http://terms.naver.com/entry.nhn?docId=1520318&ci d=42121&categoryId=42121. 2016. 05.10
- Yeolsu Yoon, "Korean Art Book -Minwha 2-", pp830, Yeakyoung, 2005
- Huh Gyun, "Traditional Pattern", pp. 130, Deawonsa
- Yeolsu Yoon, "Korean Art Book -Minwha 1-", pp206, Yeakyoung, 2005
- Sungjin Oh, Jungmi Ryu, "A study on symbolic research on the purpose of therapist meaning in Korea traditional pattern", Journal of Arts Psychotherapy, Vol. 8, No. 3, 71-87, 2012.
- Kiyoung Kim, "Fall in Love to Minwha", pp54, Hyohyong Publish, 2010
- DOI:https://www.rhino3d.com/kr/features. 2016.05.15.
- Jung-Soo Han, Gui-Jung Kim, "Virtual Constructions Design using 3ds Max", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 11, No. 4, p.274, 2013.
- Sang-Ho Han, "A Study on the Utilization of Digital Design by Three Dimensional Modeling", Journal of Digital Convergence,Vol. 10, No. 10, p.448-449, 2012.
- Hyeon-Chang Kim, "A Study on the socio-economic impact of 3D Printing", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13 No. 7, pp. 23-31, 2015.
- "The Ten Principle of 3D printing", http://bigthink.com/experts-corner/the-ten-principl es-of-3d-printing, 2016.03.01.
- DOI: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser_cutting. 2016.05.15.
- Gab-Sang Ryu, "Development of Educational Model for ICT-based Convergence Expert", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 75-80, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.6.075
- Seung-Soo Shin, Jung-In Kim, Jeong-Jin Youn, "Vulnerability Analysis of the Creativity and Personality Education based on Digital Convergence Curation System", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 225-234, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.4.225