- Volume 14 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
A study of drawn-on-film animation technique by digital production method
디지털 제작방식의 필름 채색 (Drawn-on-film) 애니메이션 기법 연구
- Lee, Kwang-Hoon (Division of Cartoon &Animation College of Art, Kongju National University)
- 이광훈 (공주대학교 예술대학 만화애니메이션학부)
- Received : 2016.06.24
- Accepted : 2016.08.20
- Published : 2016.08.28
Drawn-on-film animation technique is one that neither is actively used nor receives attention in any video content area. This paper means to strengthen animation genre's future direction and aesthetic aspect by seeking to newly discover previous experimental techniques through this paper. Taking into account the details of paper, it was intended to systematize and introduce results and experiential information obtained by researcher from applying drawn-on-film animation techniques in actual educational arena and utilizing these in learning and newly created techniques and the like through this. Production processes were comparatively demonstrated after suggesting an alternative digital production system in this process. And ultimately, a study and proposal was made so as to be helpful in developing the techniques of animation genre.
Animation;Drawn-on-film;Frame;Line test;Norman Mclaren
- John Halas and Roser Manvell",Art in Monement", p.8, Hasting House, 1970.
- Peter Von Aarx, "film desgin", p.14, Ahn graphics, 1993.
- Kit Laybourne, "The Animation Book", p.27, Crown Publishers Inc, NewYork, 1979.
- Wikipedia, "drawn-on-film" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drawn-on-film_animation, 11 May, 2016.
- Roger Noake, "Animation Techniques", p.93, Chartwell Books,inc, 1988.
- Art&Design "Magazine,Art&Animation", p.46, Academi Group LTD, 1997.
- Furniss Maureen, "Art in motion", p.72, Hanwol, 2008.
- Rodger Larson, "Young animators", p.21, Praeger publishers, 1973.
- Rodger Larson, "Young animators", p22, Praeger publishers, 1973.
- Robert Russet and Cecile Starr, "Experimental Animation", p.127, A DaCapoPress Incs, 1976.
- Jaques Bourgeois, "Animating films without a camera", p.42, Sterling Publishing. 1974.
- 今村太平,Wang-Su, Whang, "Animation Theory", p186, Dabo Press, 1990.
- Robert Russet and Cecile Starr, "Experimental Animation", p126, A DaCapo Press Incs, 1976.
- Won-Gon, Lee, "Digital images & Vitual Space" , p1.5, Yeon Se Univ , 2004.
- Susan Rubin, "Animation", p147, A Spectrum Book, 1984
- Giannalberto Bendazzi, "CARTOON:one hundred of cinema animation", p.4, Indiana Univ, 1994.
- Roger Noake, "Animation Techniques", p.95, Chartwell Books inc, 1988.
- http://theconversation.com/norman-mclaren-a-lategreat-animator-now-drawing-applause-27506,June 24, 2014.
- Chang Jun Jeong, "A Study on the Advertising Creative Based on the Technology Convergence", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 235-241, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.4.235
- Jiyeun Chang, "Convergence of Education and Information & Communication Technology : A Study on the Communication Characteristics of SNS Affecting Relationship Development between Professor and Student", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 213-219, 2015.