- Volume 14 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Furniture Brand Development Plan Study according to Increasing Single-Person Households - Focused on hanssem and ikea
1인 가구 증가에 따른 가구브랜드 발전 방안 연구
- Eo, Kyung-Eun (Dept. of Design Management, HongIk University, International Design School for Advanced Studies) ;
- Kim, Seung-In (Digital Media Design, HongIk University, International Design School for Advanced Studies)
- Received : 2016.06.03
- Accepted : 2016.08.20
- Published : 2016.08.28
The purpose of this study is to conduct research from qualitative aspects regarding the development of substantive design research for furniture brand and detailed development direction as single household has increased rapidly. In case of research method, the usability evaluation questionnaire was produced based on Honey Comb Model of Peter Morville. As a result, the single-person household including other household show preference for furniture for the one-man households and tend to purchase and use them. Nonetheless, it was found that places for sharing opinion and reselling the furniture are greatly lacking. Therefore, it is required to vitalize community market for the one-man household. And it is expected that this result of research provides useful implication concerning the single household as well as academic significance to offer primary information of furniture brand development-related research.
Furniture brand;Hanssem;Ikea;Single-person household;First-generation households
Grant : BK21플러스
Supported by : 홍익대학교
- K. N. Park, S. T. Byun, "An Analysis of Research Trend and Directions for Single-Person Household in Korea - focused on Design Journals," Vol. 16, No. 4, pp. 229-240, 2015.
- G. N. Jung, W. J. Seo, S. Y. Kim, M. Y. Kim, H. R. Kang, "Household Projections for Korea : 2010-2035," Statistics Korea (kostat), 2012.
- Editorial Department, "One-Person Households Relation Investigation (2014 vs. 2015 section Tracking Survey)," Vol. 2015, No. 3, pp. 1-44, 2015.
- S. S. Lee, H. J. Choe, H. S. Yoon, "Family Change and Its Impact on Marriage and Fertility," KIHASA, 2015.
- S. M. Jun, "Spending Pattern Types and Their Determinants for One-person Households in Korea," Vol. 44, No. 3, pp. 21-43, 2013. https://doi.org/10.15723/jcps.44.3.201312.21
- M. S. Park, H. G. Chong, H. N. Kim, D. Y. Koh, "An Analysis of Single-person Households Expenditure Pattern," Vol. 16, No. 2, pp. 987-994, 2015.
- Y. A. Sung, "Cluster Analysis for the Consumption Expenditure Patterns of One-Person Households of Different Age Groups," Vol. 24, No. 3, pp. 157-181, 2013.
- K. B. Kim, “A Market Status of Message Chair and Technical Analysis of Future IT Convergence,” Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 3, pp. 29-36, 2015.
- B. K. Kim, H. S. Jung, "Annual Household Trends," Statistics Korea (kostat), 2016.
- S. H. Ahn, "Four Consumer Trends of Singleperson Households," http://www.seri.org (August 02, 2012)
- G. Y. Koh, "Increase in Single-Person Households Change Consumption Terrain," LGERI Report, 2014.
- S. J. Kim, H. S. Yang, "The Post Occupancy Evaluation and Its Activation Plan of The City-Type Housing," Vol. 11, No. 8, pp. 41-52, 2013.
- J. I. Lee, “Convergent Case Study of Research and Education: Internet of Things Based Wireless Device Forming Research,” Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 1-7, 2015.
- H. S. Kim, S. H. Kim, "A Study on User Experience Design for Products and Spaces of IKEA," Vol. 20, No. 4, pp. 165-175, 2014.
- J. M. Han, Y. H. Lee, "The Analysis of the Influence from the Increased One-Person Households' on Consumer Spending," KIET, 2013.
- J. S. Rhee, "A Study on Furniture Design Characteristics for Single-Person Household in Twenties and Thirties," Vol. 17, No. 3, pp. 223-231, 2014.
- Z. K. Lee, K. Y. Woo, Y. Park, "A Case Study of Manufacturing Company's Servitization Process : Hansam's Transition from Furniture Manufacturing to Interior Serive," Vol. 16, No. 1, pp. 117-131, 2011.