- Volume 14 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Effects on mobile phone functional use of ego resilience, peer attachment and mobile phone-related characteristics in male and female middle school students - focused on uses of SNS & messenger, music and internet in era of convergence-
남녀 중학생의 자아탄력성, 또래애착 및 휴대폰 이용관련 특성이 휴대폰의 기능별 사용에 미치는 영향 - 융복합시대의 SNS와 메신저, 인터넷, 음악기능 사용을 중심으로 -
- Kim, Eun-Ju (Department of Nursing, Hanseo University)
- 김은주 (한서대학교 간호학과)
- Received : 2016.07.03
- Accepted : 2016.08.20
- Published : 2016.08.28
Purpose: This study was conducted to analyze the effect of ego resilience, peer attachment and mobile phone-related characteristics on mobile phones functional uses, focused on the use of SNS & messenger and music and internet in middle school students. Methods: The subjects were 217 middle school students in 2 cities. Results: The factors affecting mobile phones SNS & messenger usages were interpersonal relation, viability of ego-resilience in male, and communication of peer attachment in female. The factors affecting internet usages were curiosity of ego-resilience in both sexes. The factors affecting music usages were viability of ego-resilience in both sexes. Conclusion: Education and management about mobile phone functional use should be made, by intervening reflected subregions effect factors of peer attachment and ego-resilience.
Supported by : Hanseo University Research Foundation
- M. K. Cho, “The Relationships among Smart Phone Use Motivations, Addiction, and Self-Control in Nursing Students,” Journal of Digital Convergence., Vol. 12, No. 5, pp. 311-323, 2014.
- S. Y. Pi, “Educational Utilization of Smart Devices in the Convergence Education Era,” Journal of digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 6, pp. 29-37, 2015.
- S. M. Seo, “A Study on the Behavior of Adolescence's Music Listening,” Journal of Music and Human Behavior, Vol. 2, No. 2, pp. 1-14, 2005.
- H. Y. Koo, H. S. Park, “Factors Influencing Cell Phone Addiction in Adolescents,” Journal of Korean Academic Child Health Nursing., Vol. 16, No. 1, pp. 56-65, 2010. https://doi.org/10.4094/jkachn.2010.16.1.56
- J. E. Chang, “Convergence of Education and Information & Communication Technology : A Study on the Communication Characteristics of SNS Affecting Relationship Development between Professor and Student,” Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 213-219, 2015.
- M. K. Cho, “The Relationships among Smart Phone Use Motivations, Addiction, and Self-Control in Nursing Students,” Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 5, pp. 311-323, 2014.
- M. S. Yim, “Smart Paradox: An Effect of Mobile Instant Messengers,” Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 3, No. 4, pp. 7-13, 2012.
- H. W. Yu, H. Y. Hong, “The Mediating Effect of Self-esteem and Self-esteem Stability in the Relationship between Peer Attachment and the Tendency of SNS Addiction in Middle School Students,” The Korean Journal of Counseling and Psychotherapy, Vol. 27, No. 4, pp. 977-999, 2015. https://doi.org/10.23844/kjcp.2015.11.27.4.977
- J. H. Kim, "The Effects of Parental Factors, Friend's Factors and Personal Factors on the Mobile Phone Dependency of Youth Mediated by Mobile Phone Uses," Journal of Youth Welfare., Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 97-120, 2012.
- H. S. Kim, S. H. Byun, "Impact of Smartphone Addiction of Adolescents Peer Relationships," Asia-Pacific Journal of Business Venturing and Entrepreneurship., Vol. 10, No. 5, pp. 117-125, 2015. https://doi.org/10.16972/apjbve.10.5.201510.117
- M. N. Yu, "The Effect of the Peer Attachment and Ego-Resilience on Intrinsic Problem Behavior," Unpublished master's thesis, Ga Chon University, Seongnam, 2013.
- J. Ok, "Relationship between Attachment Security and Depression in Adolescence : Focusing on the Mediating Effect of Perceived Competence," Unpublished master's thesis, Ewha Womans University, Seoul, 1998.
- H. M. Kim, S. H. Shin, “Comparison of Gender Factors Affecting Middle School Students' Smartphone Addiction,” Journal of Korean Academic Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing., Vol. 24, No. 3, pp. 145-155, 2015. https://doi.org/10.12934/jkpmhn.2015.24.3.145
- I. S. Jang, S. M. Park, “Factors Affecting on Smartphone Addiction according to the Classification of Addiction-Risk Groups among College Students : A Focus on Self-control,” Korean Journal of Adult Nursing., Vol. 27, No. 6, pp. 634-643, 2015. https://doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2015.27.6.634
- Y. C. Jung, "Generation's Smartphone Use Characteristics and Influence Change," [Internet], Seoul: KISDI;2016 [cited 2016 May 30]. Available from: http://www.kisdi.re.kr/kisdi/fp/kr/publication/l istResearch.do?cmd=fpListResearch&sMenuType=2&curPage=1&sSubjectNo=0&sSubjectNo=0&sSDate=&sEDate=&searchKey=TITLE&searchValue.
- S. M. Noh, "The Effect of Adolescents' Parents Attachment and an Age Attachment on a Smartphone Overuse," Unpublished master's thesis, Dankook University, Cheonan, 2015.
- S. O. Jang, H. S. Jeon, “A Study on the Condition of Prevention System and Convergence Policy for Smart Media Addiction,” Journal of digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 8, pp. 33-41, 2015.
- Block J., Kremen A. M., "IQ and Ego-Resiliency : Conceptual and Empirical Connections and Separateness," Journal of Personality and Social Psychology., Vol. 70, pp. 348-361, 1996.
- H. J. Han, "Effects of Adolescents' Stressors and Ego-resilience on Mobile-phone Overuse," Unpublished master's thesis, Dankook University, Cheonan, 2009.
- K. A. Jung, B. W. Kim, “The Differences of the Ego-Resilience and Disagreement in Parents' Rearing Attitude according to the Levels of the Smartphone Addiction of Adolescents,” Journal of digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 299-308, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.2.299
- Y. M. Kim, Y. S. Lim, “Structural Model of Democratic Parenting Style, Ego-resilience, Cell Phone Dependency, Self-directed Learning,” Studies on Korean Youth., Vol. 23, No. 2, pp. 273-299, 2012.
- Armsden G. C., Greenberg M. T., “The Inventory of Parent and Peer Attachment: Individual Differences and Their Relationship to Psychological Wellbeing in Adolescence,” Journal of Youth and Adolescence., Vol. 16, No. 5, pp. 427-453, 1987. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02202939
- H. D. Lee, H. Y. Hong, "The Relationship between Attachment and Internet Addiction of Middle School Students: Mediating Effects of Loneliness. Korean Journal of Youth Studies," Vol. 18, No. 10, pp. 271-294, 2011.
- D. Y. Kim, H. C. Yang, “The Effects of Ecological Factors on the Trajectory of Cellular Phone Dependency during the Middle School Years,” Studies on Korean Youth., Vol. 25, No. 3, pp. 169-197, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14816/sky.2014.25.3.169
- S. Z. Roh, “Analysis of the Structural Relationships among Environmental and Personal-psychological Factors, Smartphone Usage Motivation Affecting High-school Student's Smartphone Addiction,” The Journal of Educational Information and Media., Vol. 19, No. 4, pp. 659-691, 2013.
- Y. J. Kim, G. P. Cho, “The Mediating Effects of Peer Relationship on the Relationship between Parent-adolescent Communication and Smartphone Overindulgence of High-school Students,” Journal of Parent Education., Vol. 8, No. 1, pp. 1-14, 2016.