- Volume 14 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Convergence of Explanation Meeting in Cadaveric Dissection with Communication Skill : Correlation between Self-evaluation Factor and Academic Achievement of Medical Students
의사소통 기술과 해부학 실습 설명의 융합 : 의과대학 학생들의 자기평가 요소와 학문적 성취감의 상관관계
- Park, Jeong-Hyun (Department of Anatomy, School of Medicine, Kangwon National University) ;
- Im, Hee-Kyung (Department of Anatomy, School of Medicine, Kangwon National University) ;
- Kim, Jee-Hee (Department of Emergency Medical Services, Kangwon National University)
- Received : 2016.06.28
- Accepted : 2016.08.20
- Published : 2016.08.28
This study aimed to evaluate correlation between self-evaluation factors and academic achievement of medical students according to introduction of explanation meeting in cadaveric dissection. The students explained cadaveric structure to health allied sciences students and discussed with each other. Just after the meeting, 102 medical students filled out a self-reported questionnaire on impact of self-evaluation factors and communication. The data were analyzed by frequency analysis, t-test and analysis of variance. Regardless of their gender, age, previous experience, the majority of the students gave high scores in all of self-evaluation factors. Among them, linkage with major and verbal communication factor were closely related to their academic achievement(p<0.05). The verbal and non-verbal communication factors also had a high correlation of 0.580(p<0.01). The explanation meeting provided a chance to learn further with positive attitude to medical students and motivated them academically.
Convergence;self-evaluation;medical students;explanation meeting;communication
- S. G. Hwang. "The effect of athlete's achievement goal orientation on life satisfaction," Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 5, pp. 519-526, 2016. http://dx.doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.5.519 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.5.519
- H. W. Oh, K. U. Kim. "The effect of convergence tailed occupational therapy activities program on mental stability and social participation in elderly people with mild cognitive impairment," Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 449-457, 2016. http://dx.doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.4.449 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.4.449
- S. Y. Lee, Y. Y. Kim. "The effects of self-efficacy and self-directed learning readiness to self-leadership of nursing student," Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 309-318, 2016. http://dx.doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.3.309 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.3.309
- G. Y. Lee, A. C. Kim. "The relationships of selfefficacy, outcome expectation, and department-adaptation of students majoring in sports," Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 509-517, 2016. http://dx.doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.2.509 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.2.509
- D. S. Sundaram, C. Webster. "The role of nonverbal communication in service encounters," Journal of Service Marketing, Vol. 14, No. 5, pp. 378-391, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1108/08876040010341008
- H. S. Sim, S. Y. Ahn. "The influence of ego state and interpersonal skill among nursing students," Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 12, pp. 269-275, 2015. http://dx.doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.14.12.269 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.14.12.269
- J.Y. Moon, "An empirical study of the strategy development and deployment effects on the hospital management and hospital performance," Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 57-63, 2015. http://dx.doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.6.057 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.6.057
- S. O. Shin, J. Park. "Convergence association between suicidal ideation and neighborhood environment among some adolescents," Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 271-277, 2015. http://dx.doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.6.271 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.6.271
- H. R. Jung, A. R. Son, Y. J. Yun, S. H. Le, S. B. Lee, J. A. In, K. H. Kang. "Study on selfdevelopment needs, job satisfaction, self-efficacy by general characteristics of dental hygienist," Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 231-239, 2015. http://dx.doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.6.231 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.6.231
- S. O. Kim, S, M. Kim.. "Effects of the role play-based practice education on nursing students," Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, Vol. 17, No. 5(B), pp. 2837-2848, 2015.
- H. S. Kim. "Effects of the nursing process education program on critical thinking dispositions of the nursing students," Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, Vol. 17, No. 1(B), pp. 561-574, 2015.
- S. J. Lim, "Self-esteem, communication competence, and job satisfaction of public health officals in local government," Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, Vol. 18, No. 2(B), pp. 1065-1078, 2016.
- J. Lee, “College students' use of learning strategies and its relationship with academic achievement,” Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, Vol. 17, No. 4(B), pp. 2163-2178, 2015.
- S. Y. Song, M. A. Han. "Factors related to empowerment of paramedic students who experienced clinical practice," Korean Journal of Emergency Medical Services, Vol. 20, No. 1, pp. 17-30, 2016. http://dx.doi.org/10.14408/JKEMS.2016.20.1.017 https://doi.org/10.14408/KJEMS.2016.20.1.017
- S. G. Hong, B. Y. Koh. J. E. Lee, "Curriculum development and operation methods based on national competency standards (NCS) in the department of emergency medical technicians," Korean Journal of Emergency Medical Services, Vol. 19, No. 2, pp. 83-97, 2015. http://dx.doi.org/10.14408/JKEMS.2015.19.2.083 https://doi.org/10.14408/KJEMS.2015.19.2.083
- J. I. Heo, J. M. Park, "Work and job satisfaction of military emergency medical technicians," Korean Journal of Emergency Medical Services, Vol. 19, No. 3, pp. 33-49, 2015. http://dx.doi.org/10.14408/JKEMS.2015.19.3.033 https://doi.org/10.14408/KJEMS.2015.19.3.033
- J. M. Park, S. M. Kim, "Comparison of paramedic image and its determinants between paramedic and non-paramedic students," Korean Journal of Emergency Medical Services, Vol. 19, No. 3, pp. 33-49, 2015. http://dx.doi.org/10.14408/KJEMS.2015.19.2.039 https://doi.org/10.14408/KJEMS.2015.19.3.033
- M. J. Chae, J. H. Lee, I. J. Song. "Effects od cardiopulmonary resuscitation reeducation on persistence of knowledge, performance and self-efficacy of nursing students," Korean Journal of Emergency Medical Services, Vol. 19, No. 1, pp. 51-62, 2015. http://dx.doi.org/10.14408/JKEMS.2015.19.1.051 https://doi.org/10.14408/JKEMS.2015.19.1.051
- E. J. Seo, N. H. Cha. "Relationships among nursing professional values, bioethics and death ethic perception in nursing students," Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 5, pp. 349-358, 2016. http://dx.doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.5.349 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.5.349
- Y. J. Kim. "A study of effect of disability prevention program acquired by people with disabilities are performed : centered on elementary school students," Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 5, pp. 369-376, 2016. http://dx.doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.5.369 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.5.369