- Volume 14 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
A Study of Convergence on Frequency of Performance, Self-Confidence, Performance Assessment Scores of Core Nursing Skills of Nursing Students
간호학생의 핵심기본간호술 수행빈도, 수행자신감, 수행능력에 관한 융복합적 연구
- Han, Hyun-Hee (Dept. of Nursing, Choonhae College of Health Sciences)
- 한현희 (춘해보건대학교)
- Received : 2016.06.14
- Accepted : 2016.08.20
- Published : 2016.08.28
This study is descriptive research to investigate frequency of performance, self-confidence and performance assessment scores of core nursing skills by 227 nursing students. As the result of this study, they who experienced more than 10times in clinical practice was V/S and they never experienced items such as transfusion, enema and T-tube care. For pre self-confidence, they had the highest V/S and the lowest transfusion. For post self-confidence, they had the lowest IM. As a result of the evaluation, oxygen therapy with nasal cannula was measured highest, and IM was measured lowest. Frequency of performance had positive correlations with self-confidence(r=0.414, p<.001) and performance assessment scores(r=0.322, p=.007). Self-confidence with performance assessment scores had positive correlation(r=0.281, p=.003). Study results suggested that clinical practice is carried out, non-invasive, simple measurements, and they had low self-confidence of the items with low frequency of performance, so convergency training methods to complement this point are needed.
Core Nursing Skills;Frequency of Performance;Self-confidence;Nursing Students;Performance assessment scores;Convergence
- Y. H. Kim, Y. M. Lee, “Relationship of learning motivation, self-directed learning ability and problem solving process of nursing students after practice evaluation of fundamentals of nursing course using role play,” Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, Vol. 13, No. 1, pp. 147-155, 2012. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2012.13.1.147
- S. J. Hong, E. H. Kim, “Effects of preceptorship on nursing students clinical competency, stress of clinical practice and practice satisfaction in clinical practice,” Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, Vol. 15, No. 10, pp. 6204-6214, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.10.6204
- H. J. Chae, “The needs and effects of convergence-based simulation practice for obstetrical nursing,” Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 9, pp. 377-386, 2015.
- I. S. Seo, S. M. Oh, D. W. Choi, H. O. Park, R. W. Ma, “Effects of Basic Clinical Practice Program in Academic Motivation, Critical Thinking and Clinical Nursing Competence of Nursing Students,” Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, Vol. 15, No. 4, pp. 2276-2284, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.4.2276
- E. H. Park, H. R. Park, H. S. Kim, "Approaches to Convergence Curriculum for Healthcare-Affiliated Students with Clinical Competence Assessment Program," Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 3, pp. 76-86, 015.
- Y. J. Chae, Y .M. Ha, “Effectiveness of Education Program for Core Fundamental Nursing Skills using Recording Video with Smartphone and Formative Feedback,” Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 6, pp. 285-294, 2016.
- J. H. Kim, “Mannequin Simulation in the Health Science,” Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 2, No. 2, pp. 67-71, 2011.
- A. K. Han, D. S. Cho, J. S. Won, “A Study on Learning Experiences and Self-Confidence of Core Nursing Skills in Nursing Practicum among Final Year Nursing Students,” Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing, Vol. 21, No. 2, pp. 162-173, 2014. https://doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2014.21.2.162
- I. S. Lee, C. S. Park, “Factors Influencing Confidence in Performance Competence of Core Basic Nursing Skills by Nursing Students,” Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing, Vol. 22, No. 3, pp. 297-307, 2015. https://doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2015.22.3.297
- N. Suwan, N. Kasatpibal, P. Sawasdisingha, “Effects of student-centered teaching on knowledge, practice, and satisfaction of clean techniques among second year nursing students,” Singapore Nursing Journal, Vol. 40, No. 4, pp. 30-37, 2013.
- H. J. Park, J. W. Oh, “The Relationships of the Clinical Practice Stress and the Major Satisfaction with the Nursing Professionalism of Nursing College Students,” Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 12, pp. 417-426, 2014.
- M. S. Jung, Y. S. Kwon, “The Effects of Convergence-Based Reeducation on Core Basic Nursing Skills on Nursing Students' Competence and Confidence,” Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 4, pp. 295-302, 2015.
- A. R. Kim, M. S. So, “Satisfaction of Practice Education, Performance Self-confidence and Performance Assessment Scores of Basic Core Skills for Nursing Students,” The Korean Health & Fundamental Medical Science Society, Vol. 5, No. 3, pp. 88-94, 2012.
- M. Aoyama, Y. Tamura, Y. Ishikawa, M. Yada, I. Miyawaki, "Confidence-weighted testing: A descriptive study of Japanese nursing students," Nursing and Health Sciences, Vol. 15, No. 4, pp. 504-509. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1111/nhs.12066
- H. S. Kim, H. R. Park, E. H Park. "Empowerment on Clinical Nursing Skills Core Program" Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 12, pp. 589-599, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.12.589
- M. H. Cho, I. S. Kwon, “A study on the clinical practice experiences on nursing activities of nursing students,” Journal of Academic Society of Nursing Education, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 143-154, 2007.
- Y. J. Kim, “A Study on Type of Clinical Experience of Adaptation of New Nursing Staffs in a General Hospital,” Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 4, pp. 443-454, 2014.
- C. J. Klein, E. R. Fowles, “An investigation of nursing competence and the competence outcomes performance assessment curricular approach: Senior students' self-reported perceptions,” Journal of Professional Nursing, Vol. 25, No. 2, pp. 109-121, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.profnurs.2008.08.006
- I. S. Kown, Y. M. Seo, “Nursing students needs for clinical nursing education,” Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 25-33, 2012.
- M. S. Kim, J. H. Song, B. H. Kim, S. H. Lee, "A Study on the job Analysis for New Nurse," Journal of Educational Evaluation for Health Professions, Vol. 1, No. 1, p. 15-26. 2004. https://doi.org/10.3352/jeehp.2004.1.1.15
- Y. H. Kim, S. Y. Hwang, A. Y. Lee. "Perceived confidence in practice of core basic nursing skills of new graduate nurses," Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, Vol. 20, No. 1. pp. 37-46. 2014. https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2014.20.1.37
- S. S. Bang, I. O. Kim, "Relationship among Essentials of Fundamental Nursing Skills Performance, Stress from Work and Work Capability of New Clinical Nurses," The Journal of Korean academic society of nursing education, Vol. 20, No. 4, pp. 628-638. 2014. https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2014.20.4.628
- E. H. Chang, M. H. Mo, E. H. Choi, "A Comparative study on Perceived Importance and Frequency of Core Nursing Skills between General and Special wards," Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society., Vol. 16, No. 2 pp. 1264-1272, 2015. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.2.1264
- D. W. Choi, "Clinical Competence according to Experiences on the Essential of Fundamental Nursing Skills in Nursing Students," The Journal of Korean academic society of nursing education., Vol. 20, No. 2, pp. 184-191. 2014. https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2014.20.2.184