- Volume 14 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Effect of Clinical Nurses's Basic Psychological Need, Self-Leadership and Job Stress on Nursing Performance
임상간호사의 기본심리욕구, 셀프리더십, 직무스트레스가 간호업무 성과에 미치는 영향
- Cho, Young-Mun (Department of Nursing, Dongshin University) ;
- Choi, Mun-Sim (Pohang SM Christianity Hospital)
- Received : 2016.06.09
- Accepted : 2016.08.20
- Published : 2016.08.28
This study was done to identify variables predicting of nursing performance with basic psychological need, self-leadership and job stress in clinical nurses. The participants were 160 clinical nurses, located in P city and D province in korea. Data were collected from Feb to March, 2016 by questionnaire survey. Data analysis was done by using SPSS WIN 18.0 program with independent t-test and analysis of variance, Pearson's correlation analysis, and multiple linear regression. This study shows positive correlations between nursing performance and basic psychological needs(r=.59, p<.001), autonomy(r=.31, p<.001), competency(r=.68, p<.001), relatedness(r=.48, p<.001), self-leadership(r=.58, p<.001), job stress(r=.19, p<.05). Basic psychological needs(
Nursing Performance;Autonomy;Competency;Relatedness;Self-Leadership;Job Stress
- G. A. Seomun, S. O. Chang, K. H. Cho, I. A. Kim, S. J. Lee, “The Relation between Self-leadership and Outcome of Nursing Practice,” The Journal of Korean Nursing Administration Academic Society, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 151-158, 2006.
- J. S. Kang, S. J. Kim. W. J. Kim, “The autonomy, nursing performance based on the awareness and satisfaction of EMR system for nurses,” Journal of the Korean Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 16, No. 9, pp. 6061-6070, 2015. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.9.6061
- N. Y. Yang, J. S. Chol, “Relationships of nurses' perception, nursing performance, job stress, and burnout in relation to the joint commission international hospital accreditation,” The Journal of Korean Nursing Administration Academic Society, Vol. 20, No. 1, pp. 1-9, 2014. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2014.20.1.1
- S. M. Wi, Y. J. Yi, “Influence of Emotional Labor on Job Satisfaction, Intent to Leave, and Nursing Performance of Clinical Nurses,” The Journal of Korean Nursing Administration Academic Society, Vol. 18, No. 3, pp. 310-319, 2012. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2012.18.3.310
- Deci E. L., Ryan R. M., "Avoiding death or engaging life as accounts of meaning and culture, Psychological Bulletin," May:130(3), pp. 473-477, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-2909.130.3.473
- S. O. Heo, "Mediating Effects of Basic Psychological Needs between Transformational Leadership and Job Performance," Unpublished master's thesis, Jeju National University. 2013.
- Y. M. Cho, “The Influence of Autonomy, Competency, Relatedness on Burnout among Nurses,” Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 6, pp. 491-500, 2014.
- M. S. Chung, “Mediating effects of job stress and moderating effects of autonomy on the relationship between emotional labor and organizational commitment,” Korean Journal of Counseling, Vol. 16, No. 3, pp. 121-138, 2015.
- A. L. Han, "The Effects of Self-Leadership and Self-Efficacy on Nursing Performance of Nurses Working in Long-term Care Hospitals," Unpublished master's thesis, Kosin University. 2015.
- Hancock, D., “Cooperative learning and peer orientation on motivation and achievemen,” Journal of Educational Research, Vol. 97, No. 3, pp. 159-166, 2004. https://doi.org/10.3200/JOER.97.3.159-168
- Neck C. P., Houghton J. D., “Two decades of self-leadership theory and research,” Journal of Managerial Psychology, Vol. 21, No. 4, pp. 270-295, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1108/02683940610663097
- K. B. Shin, “The Effects Of Self-Leadership On Self-Efficacy And Job Performance of Service Employees,” Journal of Human Resource Management Research, Vol. 17, No. 1, pp. 91-104, 2010.
- Jung-Heun Yoon, “The Structural Relationship among Self-leadership, Teamwork and Service Quality of Employees in Hotel Industry,” Journal of Human Resource Management Research, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 149-166, 2007.
- Y. S. Kang, Y. J. Choi, D. L. Park, I. J. Kim, “A Study on Nurses' Self-Leadership, Self-Esteem, and Organizational Effectiveness,” The Journal of Korean Nursing Administration Academic Society, Vol. 16, No. 2, pp. 143-151, 2010. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2010.16.2.143
- Y. K. Ko, T. H. Lee, J. Y. Lim, “Development of a Performance Measurement Scale for Hospital Nurses,” Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing., Vol. 37, No. 3, pp. 286-294, 2007. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2007.37.3.286
- Ryan, R. M., & Deci, E. L, "Self-determination theory and the facilitation of intrinsic motivation, social development, and well-being," American Psychologist, Vol. 55, pp68-78, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1037/0003-066X.55.1.68
- M. H. Lee, A. Y. Kim, “Development and Construct Validation of the Basic Psychological Needs Scale for Korean Adolescents: Based on the Self-Determination Theory,” The Korean Journal of Social and Personality Psychology, Vol. 22, No. 4, pp. 157-174, 2008.
- Manz, C. C., “Improving performance through self-leadership,” National Productivity Review, Vol. 2, No. 3, pp. 288-297, 1983. https://doi.org/10.1002/npr.4040020308
- H. S. Kim, "Relationship between Teacher's Self-Leadership and the jobs Satisfaction at Middle Schools," Unpublished master's thesis, Soongsil University. 2003.
- M. J. Kim, M. O. Gu, “The development of the stresses measurement tool for staff nurses,” Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 28-37, 1984.
- E. J. Choi, "The Effect of Job Stress and Stress Coping Type on Nursing Performance among a University Hospital Nurses," Unpublished master's thesis, Inje University. 2010.
- S. I. Im, J. Park, H. S. Kim, “The Effects of Nurse's Communication and Self-Leadership on Nursing Performance,” Journal of Korean Academic society of Occupational Health Nursing, Vol. 21, No. 3, pp. 274-282, 2012. https://doi.org/10.5807/kjohn.2012.21.3.274
- Y. S. Kim, Y. S. Eo, N. Y. Lee, "Effects of Head Nurses' Managerial Competencies and Professional Nurse Autonomy in Nursing Performance," Journal of Korean Nursing Administration Academic Society, Vol. 20 No. 4, pp. 437-445, 2014. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2014.20.4.437
- S. Min, Y. J. Jeong, H. S. Kim, S. Y. Ha, Y. J. Ha, E. A. Kim, “The Moderating Effect of Self-leadership in Relationship between Self-image and Work Performance of Nurses,” Journal of Korean Nursing Administration Academic Society, Vol. 15, No. 3, pp. 355-364, 2009.
- S. Y. Kang, “The Experiences of Job Stress on Head Nurses in General Hospitals,” Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, Vol. 37, No. 4, pp. 501-509, 2007. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2007.37.4.501
- J. W. Hwang, K. M. Park, “The impacts of job competency, self-leadership and organizational culture on job performance: Focused on agricultural cooperative federation,” Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 193-207, 2014.
- S. K. Kwon, S. H. Oh, B. I. Choi, "Job Characteristics, Autonomous Motivation, and Positive Affect," Korean Academy of Organization and Management., Vol. 2014, No. 1. pp. 321-339, 2014.
- Gagne, M., & Deci, E. L., “Self-determination theory and work motivation,” Journal of Organizational Behavior, Vol. 26, No. 4, pp. 331-362, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1002/job.322
- J. M. Yoon, D. H. Ahn, “Personal characteristics influencing self-leadership among adults,” Journal of Employment and Skills Development, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 195-219, 2011.
- Yun, S., Cox, J. & Sims Jr, H. P., “The forgotten follower: A contingency model of leadership and follower self-leadership,” Journal of Managerial Psychology, Vol. 21, No. 4, pp. 374-388, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1108/02683940610663141
- S. K. Lee, D. J. Lee , J. M. Bae, S. W. Lee, “A study on the influence of self-leadership to technology innovation: Mediate effect of emotional intelligence,” Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 9, No. 6, pp. 277-293, 2011.
- M. S. Chung, “Mediating Effects of Job Stress and Moderating Effects of Autonomy on the Relationship between Emotional Labor and Organizational Commitment,” Korea Journal of Counselling, Vol. 16, No. 3, pp. 121-138, 2015.
- Carmeil, A., Meitar, R., & Weisberg, J., “Self leadership skill and innovative behavior at work,” International Journal of Manpower, Vol. 27, No. 1, pp. 75-90, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1108/01437720610652853
- Empathy Ability, Communication Ability, and Nursing Performance of Registered Nurses and Nursing Assistants in Long-term Care Hospitals vol.23, pp.3, 2017, https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2017.23.3.249
- Effect of Music Listening on Convergent Job Stress of Fire-Fighter vol.7, pp.6, 2016, https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.6.099
- Impact of Superior's Ethical Leadership as Perceived by Nurses on Nursing Performance: Mediating Effect of Faith in Supervisor vol.23, pp.5, 2017, https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2017.23.5.483
- The Influences of Emotional Intelligence, Self-leadership, and Job Embeddedness on Nursing Work Performance vol.12, pp.2, 2018, https://doi.org/10.12811/kshsm.2018.12.2.051