- Volume 14 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
A study on the Participation Motivation of Clinical Nurses in Job Training
임상간호사의 융복합적 직무교육 참여동기에 관한 연구
- Park, Hyun Hee (Dept. of Nursing National Health Insurance Service Ilsan Hospital) ;
- Lee, Kwang-Ok (Dept. of Nursing Sangmyung University) ;
- Kim, Soon-Ok (Dept. of Nursing Shinhan University)
- Received : 2016.03.18
- Accepted : 2016.08.20
- Published : 2016.08.28
This study aimed to identify nurses' participation motivation, its influence factors, and their job training need. A survey was conducted on 345 nurses of general hospitals in Gyeonggi-do. Data was collected from October 5th to 18th, 2016 and was analyzed through t-test, ANOVA, Bonferroni post-test, and multiple regressions using SPSS 21.0. Participation motivation was high in 'expertise capability improvement and development' and low in personal gain and job stability. Job training need was the highest in nosocomial infection management and CPR and was the lowest in hospice and rehabilitation nursing. Participation motivation had significant differences depending on age, marital status, educational level, and clinical experience, and was influenced by the job training need of professional nursing and medical knowledge for disease treatment. Therefore, it is necessary to plan medical educational programs to enhance job training effectiveness, establish a strategy to increase participation motivation; and expand various job training support.
Clinical Nurse;Job Training;Motivation for Participation;Needs;Survey
Supported by : National Health Insurance Service Ilsan Hospital
- J. H. Lee, "Nurses Shortage of Small and Medium Hospitals." from medical times Web site: http://www.medicaltimes.com(May 20, 2014).
- B. J. Choi, K. S. Oh, "Study on Job Satisfaction Through Lifelong Education for Small & Medium Businesses Workers." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 10, No. 4, pp. 333-339, 2015.
- M. J. Jung, "Study on the Needs, Accommodation and Satisfaction toward the Nursing Practice Programs of the Nurses in Small to Medium sized Hospitals." Master's thesis University of Nambu, 2012.
- J. H. Go, M. R. Han, J. Hu, "The Analysis of Raw Data of Completion of Off-Line Continuing Education in Nursing in Seoul, 2008-2012." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 6, pp. 527-538, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.6.527
- L. D. DeSilets, “Assessing Registered Nurses' Reasons for Participating in Continuing Education,” The Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing, Vol. 26, No. 5, pp. 202-208, 1995.
- J. W. Aucoin, “Participation in Continuing Nursing Education Programs by Staff Development Specialists,” Journal for Nurses in Staff Development, Vol. 14, No. 5, pp. 219-226, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1097/00124645-199809000-00001
- S. M. Han, H. S. Lee, “Nurses' Reasons for Participation in Continuing Nursing ducation,” Korean Society for The Study of Vocational Education, Vol. 29, No. 2, pp. 189-204, 2010.
- S. S. Lee, "The Relationship among Participation Motivation, Commitment Experience, Class Satisfaction of Cultural Physical Education in College student's," Master's thesis, Dankook University, 2003.
- H. G. Baek, “Relationship among Participation Motivation, Self-efficacy, Self-respect & Ceaseless Participation Intention of College Students in Mind Growth Program,” Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 10, No. 7, pp. 59-67, 2012.
- D. O. Kim, "Nurse Career Management System; Eucational Aspects and Clinical Nursing Community," Seminars for Nurses Conception of the Career Management System, pp. 42-59, 1998.
- K. S. Jang, "Study on Establishment of Clinical Career Development Model of Nurses," Master's thesis, Yonsei University, 2000.
- J. Y. Lee, "Study on the In-Service Education of Nurses in General Hospital in Seoul," Master's thesis, Ewha University, 1995.
- S. L. Kim, "Study on Training of Clinical Practical Nurses perform Nursing Duties and Acceptance," Master's thesis, JunBuk University, 1994.
- C. H. White, M. C. Maguire, “Job satisfaction and Dissatisfaction among Hospital Nursing Supervisora: The Applicability of Herzberg' theory,” Nursing Research, Vol. 22, No. 1, pp. 25-30, 1973.
- E. J. Kim, "Reasons for Participation in Hospital-based Continuing Education and Learning Transfer," Master's thesis, Kyunghee University, 2014.
- M. J. Kwak, "A Study for Nurses Education Needs according to Competency-Specific Clinical Experience," Master's thesis, Korea University, 2007.
- R. M. Cervero, "Place Matters in Physician Practice and Learning," Continuing Educaion in the Health Professions, Vol. 23, pp. 10-18, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1002/chp.1340230405
- Y. J. Sung, "Study on the Degree of Reception and Duty Satisfaction about the Continuous Education of the Nurse in General Hospital," Master's thesis, Kyunghee University, 1999.
- G. O. Jang, "Recognition of Nurses about Lifelong Education in Hospital," Master's thesis, Kyungnam University, 2011.
- J. K. Lee, K. H. Kim, Y. J. Yun, S. H. Lim, “Vocational Training Study on the Impact on Organizational Commitment-Focusing Certification of Qualification-,” Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 10, No. 7, pp. 23-29, 2012.
- J. Y. Han, W. K. Lim, “The Effects of Participation Motive Level of the Volunteer Activities on the Social Capital Convergence Formation of the Elderly,” Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 6, pp. 39-53, 2015.
- S. H. Lee, "Study on the Practical Training Needs of Nurses working in Some Small Hospital in Seoul," Master's thesis, Seoul National University, 1997.
- E. M. Choi, H. J. Lee, O. N. Kim, Y. H. Choi, “A Study on Convergence National Competency Standards(NCS) Development for Medical Record Specialist,” Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 6, pp. 229-238, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.7.229
- K. S. Lee, "The Needs of Continuing Education among Hospital Nurses in Dae-jeon," Master's thesis, Eulji University, 2011.
- J. A. Kim, "A Study of provide to Continuing Education Development Plan for Nurses. Korean Nurses Association, 2012.
- M. A. Nalle, T. H. Wyatt, C. R. Myers, “Continuing Education Needs of Nurses in a Continuing Nursing Education State,” The Journal of Continuing in Nursing, Vol. 41, No. 3, pp. 107-115, 2011.
- K. M. Choi, W. K. Lim, “The Effect of Participation Motivation of the Culture and Education Activities on the Psychological Well-being Convergence Formation of the Elderly,” Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 6, pp. 55-67, 2015.
- S. M. Han, "Nurses' Reasons for Participation in Continuing Nursing Education," Master's thesis, Chung-Ang University, 2010.
- K. Karen, “The Journey to Mandatory Continuing Education in Illinois,” The Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing, Vol. 43, No. 5, pp. 195-196, 2012. https://doi.org/10.3928/00220124-20120424-38