- Volume 14 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Bargaining Game using Artificial agent based on Evolution Computation
진화계산 기반 인공에이전트를 이용한 교섭게임
- Seong, Myoung-Ho (Dept. of Computer Science & Engineering, Kongju National University) ;
- Lee, Sang-Yong (Div. of Computer Science & Engineering, Kongju National University)
- Received : 2016.07.02
- Accepted : 2016.08.20
- Published : 2016.08.28
Analysis of bargaining games utilizing evolutionary computation in recent years has dealt with important issues in the field of game theory. In this paper, we investigated interaction and coevolution process among heterogeneous artificial agents using evolutionary computation in the bargaining game. We present three kinds of evolving-strategic agents participating in the bargaining games; genetic algorithms (GA), particle swarm optimization (PSO) and differential evolution (DE). The co-evolutionary processes among three kinds of artificial agents which are GA-agent, PSO-agent, and DE-agent are tested to observe which EC-agent shows the best performance in the bargaining game. The simulation results show that a PSO-agent is better than a GA-agent and a DE-agent, and that a GA-agent is better than a DE-agent with respect to co-evolution in bargaining game. In order to understand why a PSO-agent is the best among three kinds of artificial agents in the bargaining game, we observed the strategies of artificial agents after completion of game. The results indicated that the PSO-agent evolves in direction of the strategy to gain as much as possible at the risk of gaining no property upon failure of the transaction, while the GA-agent and the DE-agent evolve in direction of the strategy to accomplish the transaction regardless of the quantity.
Bargaining Game;Co-evolution;Genetic Algorithm;Particle Swarm Optimization;Differential Evolution
- I. Stahl, "Bargaining Theory," Stockholm, Stockholm School of Economics, 1971.
- A. Rubinstein, "Perfect equilibria in a bargaining model, Econometrica," Vol. 50, pp. 97-109, 1982. https://doi.org/10.2307/1912531
- S. Berninghaus, W. Guth, R. Lechler, and Ramser, “Decentralized versus collective bargaining - An experimental study,” International journal of game theory, Vol. 7, No. 3, pp. 437-448, 2002.
- T. Omoto, K. Kobayashi, and M. Onishi, "Bargaining model of construction dispute resolution," IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, Vol. 7, pp. 7-12, 2002.
- M. Nakayama, “E-commerce and firm bargaining power shift in grocery marketing channels : A case of wholesalers' structured document exchanges,” Journal of information technology(JIT), Vol. 15, No. 3, pp. 195-210, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1080/02683960050153165
- S. Matwin, T. Szapiro, and K. Haigh, "Genetic algorithms approach to a negotiation support system," IEEE Trans. Systems, Man and Cybernetics, Vol. 21, No. 1, 102-114, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1109/21.101141
- K. M. Page, M. A. Nowak, and K. Sigmund, “The spatial ultimatum game,” Proceedings, Biological sciences, Vol. 267, No. 1458, pp. 2177-2182, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1098/rspb.2000.1266
- D. D. B. Van Bragt, and J. A. La Poutre, "Co-evolving automata negotiate with a variety of opponents," Proceedings of the 2002 Congress on Evolutionary Computation, Vol. 2, pp. 1426-1431, 2002.
- Zhong, Fang, Kimbrough, O. Steven, and D. J. Wu, "Cooperative agent systems: artificial agents play the ultimatum game," Proceedings of the 35th Annual Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, pp. 2169-2177, 2002.
- S. C. Chang, Soek-Cheol, J. I. Yun, J. S. Lee, S. W. Lee, N. P. Mahalik, and B. H. Ahn, "Analysis on the Parameters of the Evolving Artificial Agents in Sequential Bargaining Game," The special issue on Software Agent and its Applications, IEICE, Vol. E88-D, No. 9, 2005.
- J. H. Holland, "Adaptation in Natural and Artificial Systems," University of Michigan Press, 1975.
- J. Kennedy, and R. Eberhart, "Particle Swarm Optimization," IEEE International Conference on Neural Networks, pp. 1942-1948, 1995.
- R. Strorn, K. Price, “Differential evolution - a simple and efficient heuristic for global optimization over continuous spaces,” Journal of Global Optimization, Vol. 11, No. 4, pp. 341-359, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1008202821328
- S. M. Soak, D. Corne, and B. H. Ahn, "The edge-window-decoder representation for tree-based problem," IEEE Transaction on Evolutionary Computation, Vol. 10, No2, pp. 124-144, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TEVC.2006.871250
- M. Clerc, "Particle Swarm Optimization," ISTE Ltd, 2006.
- Onechul Na, Hyojik Lee, Soyoung Sung, Hangbae Chang, “A Study on Construction of Optimal Wireless Sensor System for Enhancing Organization Security Level on Industry Convergence Environment,” Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 139-146, 2015.
- Sung-Hyun Yun, “The Mobile ID based Digital Signature Scheme Suitable for Mobile Contents Distribution,” Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 1-6, 2011.