- Volume 14 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Development of Language Education Service Platform for Teaching Assistance Robots
교사도우미 로봇을 활용한 어학교육 서비스 플랫폼 구축방안 연구
- Received : 2016.06.15
- Accepted : 2016.08.20
- Published : 2016.08.28
This study focuses on the new teaching assistance robot platform and the cloud-based education service model to support the server. In the client area we would like to use the teacher assistant robot in elementary school classrooms to utilize the language education service platform. Emerging IoT technology will be adopted to provide a comfortable classroom environment and various media interfaces. Extensive precedent review and case study have been conducted to identify basic requirements of proposed service platform. Embedded system and technology for image recognition, speech recognition, autonomous movement, display, touch screen, IR sensor, GPS, and temperature-humidity sensor were extensively investigated to complete the service. Key findings of this paper are optimized service platform with cloud server system and possibilities of potential smart classroom with intelligent robot by adopting IoT and BIM technology.
Intelligent Robots;Internet of Things;Cloud;LMS;LCMS
Supported by : 청운대학교
- Da-Young Ryu, “A Study on the methods for improving writing ability through e-learning,” Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 51-60, 2014.
- Se-Min Kim, Kang-Soo Yoo, “The Effect of Robot-Based STEAM Class on the Korean Learning of Multicultural School Children- Focusing on After School Learning of Elementary School,” Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 8, pp. 1-8, 2015.
- Jae-Chun Ban, Kyeong-Ae Jin, "Effectiveness of Using Autonomous Intelligent Robots for English Teachers on Students' Achievement and Affective Traits : A Case Study in an Elementary School" The Journal of Curriculum and Evaluation, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 389-410, 2010.
- Bong-Hyun Baek, "The Robotis revolution : Domestic Robot Industry Trends and Future Challenges" Robot Issue Brief, p. 11, 2015.
- Kyoo-Sung Noh, Seong-Hwan Ju, “A Study on the Environment Analysis and Policyof Smart Education,” Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 11, No. 4, pp. 35-44, 2013.
- Jeong-Hye Han, “Emerging Technologies Robot Assisted Language Learning,” Language Learning & Technology, Vol. 16, No. 3, pp. 1-9, 2012.
- N.A. Aidinlous, M. Alemi, F. Farjami, M. Makhdoumi, "Applications of Robot Assisted Language Learning(RALL) in Language Learning and Teaching," International Journal of Language and Linguistics, 2014:2(3-1), pp. 12-20, 2014. https://doi.org/10.11648/j.ijll.s.2014020301.12
- Eun-Jung Kim, Dong-Il Shin, Keum-Sun Kim, “A Study of kinetic narrative educational contents based on English literature: A convergent approach,” Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 43-53, 2016.
- Jung-Hwa Kang, Kum-Ok Han, Dong-Ro Shin, “A Study on the Flow State of English Speaking and Listening in the e-Learning Environment,” Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 6, No. 3, pp. 13-22, 2008.
- Jeong-Hye Han, "Robot-Aided Learning and r-Learning Services," Human-Robot Interaction, Book edited by Daisuke Chugo, pp. 247-266, 2010.
- Yujin Robot, Sang-Ho Song, "Exploring the features of Edutainment for Robot Assisted Instruction" The Journal of Educational Information and Media, The 18, No. 4, pp. 390-409, 2012.
- Kyoo-Sung Noh, Seong-Hwan Ju, Jin-Taek Jung, “An Exploratory Study on Concept and realization Conditions of Smart Learning,” Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 9, No. 2, pp. 79-88, 2011.
- The Good Information Inc, “Technical analysis of the robot market and market trends, and business status,” four good information, Vol. 1, No. 10, pp. 36-41, 2014.
- Seong-Chul Lee, Joo-Yeon Park, “The Study on Design and Implementation of Cloud-based Education System: Introducing Hang-Out Education System,” Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 31-36, 2015.
- Yong-Tae Kim, Gil-Chul park "Multimedia in Smart Era," Changes and Developments in the Multimedia Environment pp. 33-42, 2016.
- OSHA, "Indoor Air Quality in Commercial and Institutional Buildings," pp. 3-5, 2011.
- Jung-Soo Lee, Young-Choon Choi, Yeon-Sik Lee, "Design of the Naming Agent for Sensor Network Application," The ICT Sector Society Joint Conference, pp. 147-150, 2009.