- Volume 14 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
The Growth of Mobile Advertising and the Future of the Advertising Industry
모바일광고의 성장과 광고산업의 미래
- Lee, Chi-Hyung (Dept. of Advertising and PR, Pyeongtaek University)
- 이치형 (평택대학교, 광고홍보학과)
- Received : 2016.06.08
- Accepted : 2016.08.20
- Published : 2016.08.28
The advertising media is undergoing a dramatic change mainly due to the increased use of smartphone. This study predicts the future of the advertising industry driven by the mobile advertising using scenario planning. Targeting technologies, restriction on the use of personal information, and overcoming ad avoidance were selected as key uncertain variables expected to impact on the growth of the mobile advertising 5 years later. With the support by expert interviews, the
Advertising market;Mobile advertising;Scenario planning;Targeting;Privacy;Ad avoidance
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea
- J Campbell et al., "Privacy Regulation and Market Structure," SSRN eLibrary, 2010.
- A Goldfarb & C Tucker, “Online Display Advertising: Targeting and Obtrusiveness,” Marketing Science, Vol. 30, No. 3, pp. 389-404, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1287/mksc.1100.0583
- EY Park, Dong-Gi Kwag, “The Study on the Market Competitiveness Reinforcement for Convergence Industry,” Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 5, pp. 99-106, 2015.
- SH Yoon, “Effects of Social, Economical and Political Changes on Advertising Industry,” The Korean Journal of Advertising, Vol. 16, No. 2, pp. 173-203, 2005.
- BL Lee, “A Recent Change in the Domestic Advertising Market and Four Major Media Advertisements ,” The Korean journal of advertising and public relations, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 65-93, 2011.
- SP Han, “The Effects of Korea-US FTA on Korean Advertising Industry ,” The Korean Journal of Advertising, Vol. 25, No. 2, pp. 119-137, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14377/KJA.2014.2.28.119
- YC Cha et al., “A Study for the reset of the Range of Advertising and Advertising Industry according to the change in Media and Marketing Environment,” The Korean Journal of Advertising, Vol. 25, No. 3, pp. 59-85, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14377/KJA.2014.4.15.59
- Rust & Oliver(1994), "The Death of Advertising," Journal of Advertising, 23(4), pp. 71-77.
- KR Kim, “How Advertising Agencies are Comping with Big Data and Data Analytics ?,” The Korean Journal of Advertising, Vol. 25, No. 3, pp. 113-145, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14377/KJA.2014.4.15.113
- PJH Shoemaker 1995, "Scenario Planning: a Tool for Strategic Thinking," Sloan Management Review, Vol. 36, No. 2, pp. 25-40, 1995.
- G Ringland & , PP Schwartz, Scenarios Planning: Managing for the Future, Wiley, New York, 1998.
- R Bradfield et al., “The Origins and Evolution of Scenario Techniques in Long Range Business Planning,” Futures, Vol. 37, No. 8, pp. 795-812, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.futures.2005.01.003
- JH Ahn & A Skudlark, “Managing Risk in a New Telecommunications Service Development Process through a Scenario Planning Approach,” Journal of Information Technology, Vol. 17, No. 3, pp. 103-118, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1080/02683960210161258
- H Komulainen et al., “Business Model Scenarios in Mobile Advertising,” International Journal of Internet Marketing and Advertising, Vol. 3, No. 3, pp. 254-270, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1504/IJIMA.2006.010739
- SG Chang, “Future Strategies of Telecommunication Business for Sustaining Growth,” Telecommunications Review, Vol. 24, No. 1, pp. 2-14, 2014.
- PWF Van Notten et al., “An Updated Scenario Typology,” Futures, Vol. 35, No. 5, pp. 423-443, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0016-3287(02)00090-3
- R Ramirez & A Wilkinson, "Re-thinking the 2X2 Scenario Method: Grid or Frames?," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Vol. 86, pp. 254-264, 2013.
- GD Peterson et al., “Scenario Planning: a Tool for Conservation in an Uncertain World,” Conservation Biology, Vol. 17, No. 2, pp. 358-366, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1523-1739.2003.01491.x
- G Iyer, “The Targeting of Advertising,” Marketing Science, Vol. 24, No. 3, pp. 461-476, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1287/mksc.1050.0117
- A Goldfarb, "What is Different About Online Advertising?," Review of Industrial Organization, Vol. 44, No. 2, pp. 115-129, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11151-013-9399-3
- Q Chen & WD Wells, "Attitude Toward the Site" Journal of Advertising Research, Vol. 39, pp. 27-37, 1999.
- CH Cho, “Why do People Avoid Advertising on the Internet?,” Journal of Advertising, Vol. 33, No. 4, pp. 89-97, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1080/00913367.2004.10639175
- B. Yang et al., “The Integrated Mobile Advertising Model: The Effects of Technology and Emotionbased Evaluations,” Journal of Business Research, Vol. 66, No. 9, pp. 1345-1352, 2003.
- MH Lee, "A Study on N-Screen Convergence Application with Mobile WebApp Environment," Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 2, pp. 43-48, 2015.
- WJ Orlikowski & D Robey, “Information Technology and the Structuring of Organizations,” Information Systems Research, Vol. 2, No. 2, pp. 143-169, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1287/isre.2.2.143
- S Athey & JS Gans, "The Impact of Targeting Technology on Advertising Markets and Media Competition," AER Paper and Proceedings, 2010.
- DS Evans, “The Economics of the Online Advertising Industry,” Review of Network Economics, Vol. 7, No. 3, pp. 359-391, 2008.
- DOI: http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=URISERV%3Al26073, Official Journal C372 of 09.12.1997
- JD Ratliff & DL Rubinfeld, “Online Advertising: Defining Relevant Markets,” Journal of Competition Law and Economics, Vol. 6, No. 3, pp. 653-686, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1093/joclec/nhq011
- CE Tucker, “Social Networks, Personalized Advertising, and Privacy Controls,” Journal of Marketing Research, Vol. 51, No. 5, pp. 546-562, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1509/jmr.10.0355