- Volume 14 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Effect of Cooperative Industrial Relations on Trust and Commitment
협력적 노사관계가 신뢰와 몰입에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구
- Kim, Sung-Gun (Business Administration, HanKuk University of Foreign Studies) ;
- Kim, Joongwha (Business Administration, HanKuk University of Foreign Studies)
- Received : 2016.05.13
- Accepted : 2016.08.20
- Published : 2016.08.28
Labor-management relations are essential to corporation to secure competitiveness and a continuous development. However it is difficult to establish labor-management relations. This study focuses on the effect of cooperative industrial relations in trust and commitment of organization and labor union through 300people of 12 companies who belong to the Korean Confederation of Trade Unions. As a result of the study, cooperative industrial relations have a positive effect on the trust in organization and labor-management. Furthermore, the trusts of both organization and labor-management relations have a positive effect toward its commitment. This research result is an important factor to change a strategy of the labor union which cannot break out original roles. The cooperative industrial relations are also necessary for organization.
Cooperative Industrial Relations;Organizational Trust;Labor Union Trust;Organizational Commitment;Labor Trust Commitment
Supported by : 한국외국어대학교
- Dyer, L. and Kochan, T. A., "Union Attitudes toward Management Cooperation," Industrial Relations, Vol. 16, No. 2, p. 165, 1997.
- Yong Chi, Park, Seong Bu, Park, "An Empirical study on the management-labor relations in tourist hotels," Institute of Industrial and Business Management, Vol. 23, 1998.
- Dae Eung, Lee, "An Empirical Study on the Moderating Effects of Union Federation Ideology Between Organizational Culture Orientation on Organizational Effectiveness and Stability of Industrial Relation," The Korean Academic Association of Business Administration, Vol. 12, pp. 349-376, 2006.
- Won woo, Park, “The Mediating Effect of Subordinate's Trust in Leader in the Relationship Between Leader's Trust in Subordinate and Subordinate's Trust in Organization,” The Korean Academic Society of Business Administration, Vol. 36, No. 3, pp. 679-704, 2007.
- Meyer, J. P., & Allen, N. J., "A three-component conceptualization of organizational commitment," Human Resource Management Review, 1, pp. 61-89, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1016/1053-4822(91)90011-Z
- Chin, W. W., "The partial least squares approach to structural equation modeling," Modern methods for business research, Vol. 295, No. 2, pp. 295-336, 1998.
- Hair, J. F., Black, W. C., Babin, B. J., Anderson, R. E., & Tatham, R. L., "Multivariate data analysis," Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Prentice Hall, Vol. 6, 2006.
- Tenenhaus, Michel, et al, “PLS path modeling,” Computational statistics & data analysis, Vol. 48, No. 1, pp. 159-205, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.csda.2004.03.005
- Barling, J., Fullagar, C.J., & Kelloway, E. K., "The union and its members," New York : Oxford University Press, 1992.
- Barling, J., Wade, B., & Fullagar, C., “Predicting employee commitment to company and union: Divergent models,” Journal of Occupational Psychology, Vol. 63, No. 1, pp. 49-61, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.2044-8325.1990.tb00509.x
- Hwa Taek, You, "The Effect of Organizational Commitment and Union Commitment on Organizational Citizenship Behavior," Gacheon University, 2013
- Ladd, R. T., Gordon, M. E., Beauvais, L. L., & Morgan, R. L., "Union commitment: Replication and extension," Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol. 67, pp. 640-644, 1982. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.67.5.640
- Gordon, M. E., Ladd L. L., and Beauvais, R. T., "The job satisfaction and union commitment of unionized engineers," Industrial and labor Relation Review, Vol. 37, pp. 359-370, 1984. https://doi.org/10.1177/001979398403700303
- Thacker, J, W., Fields, M. W., and Tetrick, L. E., "The factor structure of union commitment: An application of confirmatory factor analysis," Journal of applied Psychology, Vol. 74, pp. 228-232, 1989. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.74.2.228
- Cook, J., and Wall, T., "New Work Attitude Measure of Trust, Organizational Commitmnet and Personal Need Non-fulfillment," Journal of Occupational Psychology, Vol. 53, pp. 39-52, 1980. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.2044-8325.1980.tb00005.x
- Tan, H. H. and Tan, C. S. F., “Towards the Differentiation of trust in supervisor and trust in organization,” Genetic, Social, and General Psychology Monographs, Vol. 126, No. 2, pp. 241-260, 2000.
- Ho Jeong, Kim, “Trust and Organizational Commitment,” Korean Public Administration Review, Vol. 33, No. 2, pp. 19-35, 1999.
- Cheol Min, Park, and Dae Won, Kim, “The Effects of Organizational Justice on Supervisory Trust and Organizational Commitment,” Korean Public Administration Review, Vol. 35, No. 4, pp. 353-373, 2001.
- In Seok, Lee, and Kyeong Moo, Jeon, “A Study of Trust and Achievemnet of Organization,” Seogang Business Trade Unions, Vol. 16, No. 2, pp. 227-250, 2005.
- Jong Ik, Yoon, "The Determinants of Cooperative Industrial Relations and Organizational Performance," Sangji University Graduate Thesis, 2008.
- Voos, Paula., "Cooperative Labor Relations and the Collective Bargaining Environment," Proceed of the Thirty-Eightth Annual Meeting(New York, Dec. 28 -30). Madison, Wis.: Industrial Relations Research Association. pp. 287-95, 1985.
- Bass, B. M., Waldman, D. A., Avolio, B. J., & Bebb, M., "Transformational leadership and the falling dominoes effect," Group and Organization Studies, Vol. 12, pp. 73-87, 1987. https://doi.org/10.1177/105960118701200106
- Tyler, T., Degoey, P., & Smith, H., "Understanding why the justice of group procedures matters: A test of the psychological dynamics of the group-value model," Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Vol. 70, No. 5, p. 913, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35126.96.36.1993
- Graham, I. W., "Principled organizational dissent: A Theoretical Essay," in B. M. Staw, and L. L. Cummings (Eds), Research in organizational Behavior, Greenwich, CT: JAI, press, Vol. 12, pp. 1-52, 1986.
- Mishra, A. K., "Organizational Responses to Crisis: The Centrlity of Trust.," In Kramer, M.R & Tyler, T.R (Eds). Trust in organizational: Frontiers of Theory Research. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage. pp. 261-287, 1996.
- Hae Sun, Cha, "The effect of ethical values and ethical work climate on organizational trust, organizational commitment, and turnover intentions in food service franchise industry context," Sejeong University doctoral dissertation, pp. 1-98, 2001.
- Porter, L. W., & Smith, F. J., "The etiology of organizational commitment," Unpublished paper, University of California, Irvine, 1970.
- Buchanan, B., "Building Organizational Commitment: The socialization of Manager in Work Organization," Administrative Science Quarterly., Vol. 19, No. 4, 1974.
- Porter, L. W., Steers, R. M., Mowday, R. T., & Boulian, P. V., "Organizational commitment, job satisfaction, and turnover among psychiatric technicians," Journal of applied psychology, Vol. 59, No. 5, p. 603, 1974. https://doi.org/10.1037/h0037335
- Anderson, S. E., & Williams, L. J., "Interpersonal, job and individual factors related to helping processes at work.," Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol. 81, No. 3, pp. 282-96, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.81.3.282
- Meyer, J., and Allen, N., "Testing the Side-Bet Theory of Organizational Commitment: Some Methodological Considerations," Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol. 69, No. 3, pp. 372-378, 1984. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.69.3.372
- Eun-Sook Shin, "Job Satisfaction and Relating Factors of Medical Record Technicians Working in General Hospitals," Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. : 337-346, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.5.337
- Sung Gun, Kim, “A Study on the Influence of the Human Integration Strategy on Acceptance to the Organization Change and Organization Commitment After M&A,” Korean Corporation Management Review, Vol. 20, No. 5, pp. 241-263, 2013.
- Fullagar, C., and J. Barling., "Toward A Model of Union Commitment," In D. Lipsky and D. Lewin(eds.), Advanced in Industrial and Labor Relations, New York:JAI Press, pp. 43-87, 1987
- Dean, L. R., "Union activity and dual loyalty," Industrial and labor, relation Review, Vol. 7, pp. 526-536, 1954. https://doi.org/10.1177/001979395400700402
- Engliand, G. W., "Dual allegiance to company and union," Personnel Administration, Vol. 23, 1960.
- Stagner, R., "Psychology of Industrial Conflict," New York: John Wiley and Sons, 1956.
- Gordon, M. E., Philpot, J. W., Burt, R. E., Thompson C. A. and William E. Spiller., "Commitment to the Union : Development of a Measure and an Examination of its Correlates," Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol. 65, No. 4, pp. 479-499, 1980. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.65.4.479
- Fullagar, C., "A factor analytic study on the validity of a union commitment scale," Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol. 71, pp. 129-136, 1986. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.71.1.129
- Steers, R. M., “Antecedents and outcomes of organizational commitment,” Administrative Science Quarterly, Vol. 22, No. 1, pp. 46-56, 1977. https://doi.org/10.2307/2391745
- Laster, Richard. A., "Labor and Industrial Relations," The Macmillan Co., 1961.
- Mills, Daniel Q., "Labor and Management Relation," 2nd., McGrew-Hill Book Company, pp. 160-167, 1990.
- Gyu Chang, Lee, "Labor and Management Relations," Gyeonggi-do Province: bobmunsa., 2004.
- Jong Tae, Choi, "Labor and Management Relations of modern times," Seoul: Kyungmoonsa, 2010.
- Sung Soo, Kim, "Labor and Management Relations," Seoul: TopBooks, 2010.
- Cheol Woo, Shin, "Labor and Management Relations," Seoul: Sinlonsa, 2005.
- Cummings, L. & Bromiley, P., "The Organizational Trust Inventory(OTI) : Development and Validation, in Kramer," R. M. & Tyler, T. R.(eds.), Trust in Organizations, pp. 302-331, 1996.
- Hosmer, L. T., “Trust: The connecting link between organizational theory and philosophical ethics,” Academy of Management Review, Vol. 20, No. 2, pp. 379-403, 1995. https://doi.org/10.5465/amr.1995.9507312923
- Heimer, "Cases and Biographies: An Essay on Routinization and the Nature of Comparison," Annual Review of Sociology, Vol. 27, pp. 47-76, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.soc.27.1.47
- Mc Cauley, D. and Kuhnert, K., "A Theoretical Review and Empirical Investigation of Employee Trust in Management," Public Administration Quarterly, Vol. 16 No. 2, pp. 265-284, 1992.
- Whitener, E, M., Brodt, S, E., Korsgaard, M. A., & Werner, J, M., "Managers as Initiator of Trust: An Exchange Relationship Framework for Understanding Managerial Trustworthy Behavior," Academy of Management Journal, Vol. 23, pp. 513-530, 1999.
- Hyeon Young Kim, Myung-Seong Yim, "A study on the Effect of Convergence Career Management Systems on Job Engagement and Career Commitment," Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 5, pp. : 23-31, 2015.
- Dunlop, J. T., "Industrial Relations System," Southern Illinois University Press, pp. 4-6, 1958.
- Seog Gun, Kwon, “The Effects of Leader Behavior, Social Similarity, and Exchange Relations on teh Subordinate's Trust in Leader,” Korean Academic Society of Business Administration, Vol. 29, No. 1, pp. 189-218, 2000.
- Yong Seok, Lee, Dong Gun, Oh, "Speed and reliability management," Seoul: Sigma Press, 2006.
- Yong Seok, Lee, "Determinants of Company Trust and Leader Trust and Their Effectiveness," Korean Psychological Association, Vol. 17 no. 2, pp. 146-186, 2004.
- Kramer, R., "Trust and Distrust in Organizations: Emerging Perspectives, Enduring Questions.," Annual Review of Psychology, Vol. 50, pp. 569-598, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.psych.50.1.569
- Collins, J., & Porras, J. I., "Built to last: Successful habits of visionary companies," New York: Harper Collins Publishers commitment, Administrative Science Quarterly, Vol. 22, pp. 46-56, 2002.
- Ryan, K. D., & Oestreich, D. K., "Driving fear out of the workplace: Creating the high-trust, high-performance organization," Jossey-Bass, 1998.