- Volume 14 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
An Exploratory Performance Analysis of The Forest Sector R&D Program
산림분야 기후변화대응 R&D사업에 대한 탐색적 성과분석 : 효율성 관점에서 DEA분석을 중심으로
- Moon, Kwan-sik (Korea Institute of S&T Evaluation and Planning) ;
- Lim, Chae-hong (Institute of Governmental Studies in Korea University) ;
- Ahn, Kyung-sup (Dept. of Public Administration, National Gong-ju University)
- Received : 2016.07.01
- Accepted : 2016.08.20
- Published : 2016.08.28
This study is on the actual analysis of R&D investment effect through DEA in terms of efficiency resulted from forestry sector climate change response R&D project. Namely, it is clarifying the mechanism of the scientific, technological, social performance result and output, depending on research development cost, employment size as same input. Also, it is in-depth analysis on which performance operates more efficiently in any detailed business. With the study result, we seek political implications to enhance investment effect and core element to consider R&D business project in the future.
The forest sector R&D Program;Efficiency;DEA;BCC Input Model;R&D Investment Effect
- H. B. Kim, "Survey and analysis of R&D performance management and utilizing system in the major countries," Korea Institute of S&T Evaluation and Planning, 2010.
- S. M. Park, “Empirical Analysis of DEA models Validity for R&D Project Performance Evaluation : Focusing on Rank Correlation with Normalization Index,” IE Interfaces, Vol. 24, No. 4, pp. 314-322, 2011. https://doi.org/10.7232/IEIF.2011.24.4.314
- J. H. Park, & J. B. Moon, “An Efficiency Analysis Using DEA for National R&D Program for Regional Industrial Technology,” Korean Industrial Economic Association, Vol. 23, No. 4, pp. 2047-2068, 2010.
- M. S. Bang, & H. J. Jung, “A Study on Efficiency of Regional R&D Program by Data Envelopment Analysis,” The Korea Local Administration Review, Vol. 25, No. 4, pp. 285-308, 2011. https://doi.org/10.18398/kjlgas.2011.25.3.285
- J. E. Ahn, et al., "Study on the National R&D projects and evaluation system," Korea Information Science Society, 339-341, 2015.
- S. J. Yoo, "Major International Case Issue Studies for Improved Performance Evaluation System," Korea Institute of S&T Evaluation and Planning, 2011.
- G. W. Lee, "Study on the Assessment and Management System of Government Research and Development Project," Korea Institute of S&T Evaluation and Planning, 2010.
- M. H. Lee, et al., “The Efficiency Analysis of Regional R＆D Investment,” Korean Industrial Economic Association, Vol. 25, No. 5, pp. 3365-3382, 2012.
- B. C. Lee, "Analysis of R&D efficiency and productivity for patent rights of the metropolitan cities and provinces in Korea," The Journal of Intellectual Property, Vol. 3, No. 2, 99-121, 2008.
- S. H. Lee, et al., "Ripple Effect Analysis of Regional Industry Technology Development Using DEA," The Journal of digital policy & management, Vol. 9, No. 6, pp. 1-11, 2011.
- S. R. Lee, et al., "R&D Efficiency through to Strengthen Scientific and Technological Capacity," KISTEP Issue Paper, 2009.
- J. J. Lee, "Investment Evaluation System of R&D Program for National R&D Efficiency," HRD Review, 2007.
- D. H. Jang, & K. M. Kang, “The Study on the Improvement of Patent Evaluating Indicator by Government R&D Performance Evaluation Index,” The Korea Association for Policy Studies, Vol. 23, No. 2, pp. 65-91, 2014.
- S. W. Hwang, "Efficiency of National R&D Investment," Science and Technology Policy Institute, 2009.
- J. M. Lee, “Dynamic Efficiency Analysis of Korean HRD Programs using Data Envelopment Analysis,” The Journal of digital policy & management, Vol. 10, No. 2, pp. 63-71, 2012.
- J. M. Lee, “Efficiency analysis of government budget to HRD program in the field of information technology,” The Journal of digital policy & management, Vol. 10, No. 4, pp. 55-62, 2012.
- K. H. Choi, & J. K. Cho, "Case Study on the Jeollabuk-do Local Water Supply Efficiency by using DEA and Malmquist Index," The Journal of digital policy & management, Vol. 12, No. 12, pp. 571-580, 2014.
- K. H. Choi, et al., “Relative Efficiency and Statistical Analysis of Kimchi-related Manufacturers in Jeollabuk-do,” The Journal of digital policy & management, Vol. 12, No. 8, pp. 139-146, 2014.
- K. H. Choi, & H. J. Kwak, “A Reviews on the Performance Evaluation Based on Network Analysis and Super-Efficiency Analysis,” The Journal of digital policy & management, Vol. 11, No. 10, pp. 255-262, 2013.
- Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning, "2017 National Research and Development Performance evaluation plans," 2016.
- National Science & Technology Council, "The 3rd National R&D Performance Evaluation Plan," 2015.
- Anderson. J. E., "Public Policy-making. 3rd ed," N.Y.: Holt. Rinehart and Winston, 1984.
- Wholey. J. S., et al., “The Case for Performance Monitoring,” Public Administration Review, Vol. 52, No. 6, pp. 604-610, 1992. https://doi.org/10.2307/977173
- Wildavsky. A., "Speaking Truth to Power: The art and Craft of Policy Analysis," Boston: Little. Brown and Company Inc, 1979.
- L. S. Kim, “Convergence of Information Technology and Corporate Strategy,” Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 17-26, 2015.
- S. U. Bae, D. G. Kwag, E. Y. Park, “The Study of the Aviation Industrial Technology Convergence through Patent analysis,” Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 5, pp. 219-225, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.5.219