- Volume 19 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Performance Comparison between Coarray and MPI for Parallel Wave Propagation Modeling and Reverse-time Migration
코어레이와 MPI를 이용한 병렬 파동 전파 모델링과 거꿀 참반사 보정 성능 비교
- Ryu, Donghyun (Department of Energy Resources Engineering, Pukyong National University) ;
- Kim, Ahreum (Department of Energy Resources Engineering, Pukyong National University) ;
- Ha, Wansoo (Department of Energy Resources Engineering, Pukyong National University)
- Received : 2016.07.22
- Accepted : 2016.08.21
- Published : 2016.08.31
Coarray is a parallel processing technique introduced in the Fortran 2008 standard. Coarray can implement parallel processing using simple syntax. In this research, we examined applicability of Coarray to seismic parallel processing by comparing performance of seismic data processing programs using Coarray and MPI. We compared calculation time using seismic wave propagation modeling and one to one communication time using domain decomposition technique. We also compared performance of parallel reverse-time migration programs using Coarray and MPI. Test results show that the computing speed of Coarray method is similar to that of MPI. On the other hand, MPI has superior communication speed to that of Coarray.
Supported by : 부경대학교
- Baysal, E., Kosloff, D., and Sherwood, J., 1983, Reverse time migration, Geophysics, 48(11), 1514-1524. https://doi.org/10.1190/1.1441434
- Intel Developer Zone, 2016.7.20., https://software.intel.com/enus/articles/distributed-memory-coarray-fortran-with-the-intelfortran-compiler-for-linux-essential.
- McCool, M., Robison, A., and Reinders, J., 2012, Structured parallel programming, Morgan Kaufmann, 100-101.
- Metcalf, M., Reid, J., and Cohen, M., 2011, Modern Fortran explained, Oxford, 333-352.
- Pacheco, P., 2011, An introduction to parallel programming, Morgan Kaufmann, 15-81.
- Kim, Y., Cho, Y., and Shin, C., 2013, Estimated source waveletincorporated reverse-time migration with a virtual source imaging condition, Geophysical Prospecting, 61, 317-333. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2478.2012.01119.x
- Tarantola, A., 1984, Inversion of seismic reflection data in the acoustic approximation, Geophysics, 49(8), 1259-1266. https://doi.org/10.1190/1.1441754
- Versteeg, R., 1994, "The Marmousi experience: velocity model determination on a synthetic complex data set", Leading Edge, 13, 927-936. https://doi.org/10.1190/1.1437051