- Volume 19 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Thermal Conductivity Measurement of Rock Cores from Ulleung Island Using PEDB System at Room Temperature
상온 환경에서 PEDB를 이용한 울릉도 시추코어의 열전도도 예비 측정
- Lee, Sang Kyu (Geothermal Resources Department, Korea Institute of Geoscience and Mineral Resources (KIGAM)) ;
- Lee, Tae Jong (Geothermal Resources Department, Korea Institute of Geoscience and Mineral Resources (KIGAM))
- Received : 2016.07.09
- Accepted : 2016.08.11
- Published : 2016.08.31
Several factors are discussed that should be considered in measuring thermal conductivity of rock cores with a PEDB (potable electronic divided bar) system, which is relatively accurate and easy to operate, and can measure the thermal conductivity of rock cores for various diameters. Then the system is applied to measure thermal conductivity of 70 rock cores from Ulleung Island. Air temperature affects most on the thermal conductivity measurements, so that it is very important to minimize the temperature change during the measurement. Other factors such as the temperature of heat source, averaging time window on the thermal conductivity measurements do not affect much compared to air temperature. Slightly higher thermal conductivity is measured when using the thermal contact paste between the sample and heat source or heat sink. Especially, rock cores with irregular surface showed bigger difference. Repeatability showed less than
Supported by : 한국에너지기술평가원
- Beardsmore, G. R. and Cull, J. P., 2001, Crustal heat flow - A guide to measurement and modelling, Cambridge Univ. Press, 324p.
- Kim, H. C., Kim, S.-K., Park, D.-W., Park, I. H., Park, C. H., Baek, S.-K., Song, Y., Shim, B. O., Oh, J.-H., Lee, S. K., Lee, Y., Lee, C.-W., Lee, T. J., and Hwang, J.-H., 2015, Korea geothermal atlas, Korea Geoscience and Mineral Resources (KIGAM), ISBN 979-11-85861-13-5.
- Lee, T. J., Lee, S. K., and Yun, K.-H., 2015, Electrical Resistivity at Room Temperature and Relation between Physical Properties of Core Samples from Ulleung Island, Geophysics and Geophysical exploration, 18(4), 171-180. https://doi.org/10.7582/GGE.2015.18.4.171
- Pollack, H. N., Hurter, S. J., and Johnson, J. R., 1993, Heat flow from the Earth's interior: Analysis of the global data set, Reviews of Geophysics, 31(3), 267-280. https://doi.org/10.1029/93RG01249