- Volume 15 Issue 4
In this paper, the model to develop the forming process for turbine seal is suggested. And numerical approach for the shape design of the turbine seal is examined. Because of the thin thickness of the turbine seal, the seal is easily fractured in the manufacturing process. The main factors of the seal manufacturing consist of addendum angle and dedendum angle, fillet on the addendum face, number of the gear teeth, sheet initial location and gear initial location, rake and vertical clearance. The structure and shape of seal are modeled using the commercial 3D mechanical design program, CATIA(V5/R20). Also, rolling process to manufacture the turbine seal is analyzed using DEFORM
Turbine Seal;Forming Process;Rolling Process;Honeycomb Structure Seal;Finite Element Analysis
- Masters, I. G., and Evans, K. E., "Models for the elastic deformation of honeycombs," pp.403, 1996.
- Hayes, M. W., Degrange, J.E., Rice, C. V. and Polus, J. E., "Improved Honeycomb Cores for Aerospace Applications," pp.3-7, 2004.
- Han, S. W., and Kim, H. J., "Experimental Study on Shape Machining Characteristics of Composite Honeycomb Core," KSMPE, Vol.13, No.4, pp.28-35, 2014.
- Balawi, S., and Abot, J. L., "A refined model for the effective in-plane elastic moduli of hexagonal honeycombs," pp.147-158, 2008.
- Aktay, L., Johnson, A. F. and Kroplin, B. H., "Numerical modeling of honeycomb core crush behavior," pp.2616-2630, 2008.
- Sim, S. B., and Kim, C. H., "A Study on the Multi-row Progressive Die for Thin Sheet Metal Forming by Computer Simulation," KSMPE, Vol.7, No.3, pp.36-43, 2008.
- Kobaysahi, S., Oh, S. I. and Altan., T., "Metal forming and the finite element method," Oxford University Press. 1989.
- Son, Y. G., Jeong, D. W., "A Study on Static-Implicit Forming Analysis of the Magnesium Alloy Sheet," J. of KSMPE, Vol.7, No.4, pp.44-49, 2008.
- Shin, Y. J., Choi, C. H., Lee, S. G. and Kim, J. H., "Fatigue CAE Analysis of a Rebar Bending Machine Roller," J. of KSMPE, Vol.14, No.2, pp.75-80, 2015.
- Kim, T. H., Jang, J. H., Lee, D. G., Kim, L. S., and Lyu, S. K., "Study on Optimal Design and Analysis of Worm Gear Reducer of High Place Operation Car," J. of KSMPE, Vol.14, No.6, pp.98-103, 2015.
- Gibson, L. J., and Ashby, M. F., "Structure and properties", Cambridge University, 1997.
Supported by : Pukyong National University