- Volume 15 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Seismic Qualification Analysis of a Vertical-Axis Wind Turbine
소형 수직축 풍력발전기의 내진검증 해석
- Received : 2015.10.20
- Accepted : 2016.01.26
- Published : 2016.06.30
The static and dynamic structural integrity qualification was performed through the seismic analysis of a small-size Savonius-type vertical wind turbine at dead weight plus wind load and seismic loads. The ANSYS finite element program was used to develop the FEM model of the wind turbine and to accomplish static, modal, and dynamic frequency response analyses. The stress of the wind turbine structure for each wind load and dead weight was calculated and combined by taking the square root of the sum of the squares (SRSS) to obtain static stresses. Seismic response spectrum analysis was also carried out in the horizontal (X and Y) and vertical (Z) directions to determine the response stress distribution for the required response spectrum (RRS) at safe-shutdown earthquake with a 5% damping (SSE-5%) condition. The stress resulting from the seismic analysis in each of the three directions was combined with the SRSS to yield dynamic stresses. These static and dynamic stresses were summed by using the same SRSS. Finally, this total stress was compared with the allowable stress design, which was calculated based on the requirements of the KBC 2009, KS C IEC 61400-1, and KS C IEC 61400-2 codes.
Supported by : 창원대학교
- Nakashima, M. and Chuslip, P., "A Partial View of Japanese Post-Kobe Seismic Design and Construction Practices," Earthquake Engineering and Engineering Seismology, Vol. 4, No. 1, pp. 3-13, 2003.
- Midorikawa, M., Okawa, I., Iiba, M. and Teshigawara, M., "Performance-Based Seismic Design Code for Buildings in Japan," Earthquake Engineering and Engineering Seismology, Vol. 4, No. 1, pp. 15-25, 2003.
- Fragiadakis, M. and Lagaros, N. D., "An Overview to Structural Seismic Design Optimization Frameworks," Computer and Structures, Vol. 89, No. 11, pp. 1155-1165, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compstruc.2010.10.021
- SEI/ASCE 7-02 Standard, Minimum Design Loads for Buildings and Other Structures, ISBN 0-7844-0624-3, 2003.
- Won, J. B., Kim, M. E., Eum, H. J., and Kim, B. S, "A Study on Vibration Characteristics of the 1.5 MW Wind Turbine under Earthquake," Proceedings of the 2008 Workshop of the Earthquake Engineering Society of Korea Spring Conference, 2008.
- Jeong, S. H. and Kim, J. K., "Comparison of Provisions for Seismic Analysis Methods in ASCE 710 and KBC 2009," Proceedings of 2011 Workshop of the Earthquake Engineering Society of Korea, pp. 251-262, 2011.
- Han, S. W. and Park, Y. J., "Seismic Performance Evaluation of Steel Intermediate Moment Frames with Various SDCs and Heights," Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea Structure and Construction, Vol. 31, No. 8, pp. 27-34, 2015. https://doi.org/10.5659/JAIK_SC.2015.31.8.27
- KS C IEC 61400-1: 2013, Wind Turbines - Part 1: Design Requirements, 2013.
- KS C IEC 61400-2: 2014, Wind Turbines - Part 2: Small Wind Turbines, 2014.
- IEC 61400-1: 2005, Wind Turbines - Part 1: Design Requirements, 2005.
- IEC 61400-2: 2006, Wind Turbines - Part 2: Design Requirements for Small Wind Turbines, 2006.
- KBC 2009: Korean Building Code - Structural, Korean Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transportation, 2009.
- Bruneau, M., "Dynamics of Civil Engineering Structures," Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering, Vol. 24, No. 5, pp. 847, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1139/l97-033
- Selected Problems for ANSYS Users, TSNE Co., 2010
- Structural Design Optimization of a Vertical Axis Wind Turbine for Seismic Qualification and Lightweight vol.04, pp.03, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4236/wjet.2016.43D019
- Seismic Qualification Analysis of a Small Savonius Style Vertical Axis Wind Turbine vol.17, pp.1, 2018, https://doi.org/10.14775/ksmpe.2018.17.1.122