- Volume 19 Issue 2
Williamson(1994) proved incompatibility of Gab Theory and Tarski T-schema. But this does not means that Gab Theory could not involve intuition on truth that is expressed by T-schema. I will show that Gab Theory and mutual entailment of 'p' and 'it is true that p'(p⊨T
⊨p) are compatible. It will draw that Gab Theory can involve minimal intuition on truth. After all what I want to reveal is logical space for Gab Theory through the compatibility of the mutual entailment and negation of the Principle of Bivalence. To prove the compatibility, I will present a consequent relation which should be accepted whenever we accept Gab Theory and demonstrate Gab Theory and the mutual entailment imply following two thesis; 1) not-T
and T but not-T does not entails not-p.
does not entails not-p.
- 이진희 (2014), "모호한 함축에 대하여", 철학적 분석, 30집, pp. 17-55.
- Barnett, D. (2013), "Vague entailment", Australasian Journal of Philosophy, 91, pp. 325-335. https://doi.org/10.1080/00048402.2012.683013
- Bobzien, S. (2012), "If It's Clear, Then It's Clear That It's Clear, or is It? Higher-Order Vagueness and the S4 Axiom", In B. Morison and K. Ierodiakonou (eds.) Episteme, etc, Oxford University Press, pp. 189-212.
- Dummett, M. A. E. (1978), Truth and Other Enigma, Harvard University Press.
- Fine, K. (1975) "Vagueness, truth and logic", Synthese, 30 (3), pp. 265-300. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00485047
- Greenough, P. (2010), "Deflationism and Truth-Value Gaps", In N. Pedersen and C. D. Wright (eds.), New Waves in Truth, Palgrave Macmillan, pp. 115-125.
- Graham. P. (2006), In Contradiction, Oxford University Press.
- Richard, M. (2000), "On an argument of Willamson's", Analysis, 60 (2), pp. 213-217. https://doi.org/10.1093/analys/60.2.213
- Varzi, A. C. (2007), "Supervaluationism and Its Logics", Mind, 116 (463), pp. 633-675. https://doi.org/10.1093/mind/fzm633
- Williamson, T. (1994), Vagueness, Routledge.