- Volume 25 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Seasonal Variation of the Surface Heat Budget in the Gumi Reservoir of Nakdong River
낙동강 구미 보의 수면 열수지 계절 변화
- Kim, Hak-Yun (Department Of Global Environment, Keimyung University) ;
- Seo, Kwang-Su (Department of Earth Science Education, Pusan National University) ;
- Cho, Chang-Bum (Applied Meteorology Research Division, National Institute of Meteorological Research, KMA) ;
- Kim, Hae-Dong (Department Of Global Environment, Keimyung University)
- Received : 2016.01.21
- Accepted : 2016.03.18
- Published : 2016.08.31
The heat budget is investigated in the Gumi Reservoir of the Nakdong river. In warm climate season, solar radiation effects play a important role in the change of water temperature. The features of the surface heat balance are almost derived by the latent heat flux and the solar radiation flux. On the other hand, in cold climate season, change of heat stored in the water is mainly dominated by latent and sensible heat transfer between water and air, since flux of solar radiation and loss of outgoing long wave radiation balance approximately. For the annual averages, net flux of radiation, evaporation(latent heat) loss are dominant in the Gumi reservoir. The evaporation losses are dominant from spring to early winter. This means that the Gumi reservoir rolls like a lake of thermal medium or deep depth.
Warm climate season;Cold climate season;Evaporation loss;Heat budget
Supported by : 국립기상연구소
- Brutsaert, W., 1982, Evaporation into the atmosphere, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 137.
- Ishi, T., Kondo, J., 1993, Seasonal variation of heat balance in the East China Sea and its vicinity - Ocean heat transport and ocean storage of heat -, Tenki, 40, 309-324.
- Ishizaki, H., Saito, M., 1978, On the heat budget in the Seto Inland Sea, Umi and Sora, 54, 1-11.
- Kai, T., Haginoya, S., 2014, Seasonal variation heat and water balances and influence of vegetation on grassland, Tenki, 61, 777-784.
- Kim, H. D., Yang, S. K., 1995, Surface heat budget of the northern sea of Cheju Island for June-August 1993 and 1994, Journal of the Korean Environmental Sciences Society, 4, 197-206.
- Kim, K. Y., Kim, K. R., Kim, H. D., 2014, Analysis of time variations in relative humidity around a water area using Bowen ratio, Journal of Environmental Science International, 23, 1731-1743. https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2014.23.10.1731
- Kim, K. Y., Byon, J. Y., Kim, H. D., 2013, Heat island intensity in Seongseo, Daegu, South Korea - a rural suburb containing large areas of water, Journal of Environmental Science International, 22, 1337-1344. https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2013.22.10.1337
- Kim, S. R., Cho, C. B., Kim, H. D., 2015, Daily variation of heat budget balance in the Gangjeong-Goryung reservoir for summertime - Concerning around the rate of heat storage -, Journal of Environmental Science International, 24, 721-729. https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2015.24.6.721
- Kim, Y. S., Kim, K. I., Ha, K. J., Um, H. H., 2003, Meteorological Dynamics Essence, Sigma Press, Seoul, 58-61.
- Kondo, J., Miura, A., 1985, Surface heat budget of the western.
- Kondo, J., 1994, Meteorology for hydro-environmental study, Asakusa Press, 128-159.
- Kondo, J., 1999, Boundary layer meteorology(III)-Heat budget analysis and meteorology, Tenki, 46, 677-685.
- Kutsuwada, K., Shikama, N., 1988, Variability of surface heat budget through the sea surface in Otsuchi Bay, Otsuchi Marine Research Center Report, 4, 47-53.
- Lee, J. J., Lee, B. Y., Lee, H. S., Kim, Y. K., 2013, Automatic observation of evaporation amount over a dam, Proceedings of the Korean Environmental Sciences Society Conference, 22, 63-65.
- Moison, J. R., Niiler, J. J., 1998, The seasonal heat budget of the North Pacific net heat flux storage rates, Journal of Physical Oceanography, 8, 401-421.
- Oort, A. H., Vonder, T. H., 1976, On the observed annual cycle in the ocean-atmosphere heat balance over the northern hemisphere, Journal of Physical Oceanography, 6, 781-800. https://doi.org/10.1175/1520-0485(1976)006<0781:OTOACI>2.0.CO;2
- Scherbina, A. Y., Talley, L. D., Rudinick, 2003, Direct observations of North Pacific ventilation: Brine rejection in the Okhotsk Sea Science, 302, 1952-1955. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.1088692