- Volume 25 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Effect of Trichokonins on the Growth Characteristics of Paeonia ostii 'Fengdan' Seedling Roots
- Chu, Peng-fei (College of Agriculture, Liaocheng University) ;
- Cao, Xing (College of Agriculture, Liaocheng University) ;
- Yang, Zhen-jing (College of Agriculture, Liaocheng University) ;
- Zhang, Xiu-sheng (College of Agriculture, Liaocheng University) ;
- Piao, Yong-ji (College of Horticultural Science and Engineering College, Shan dong Agricultural University) ;
- Jo, Hyun-Ju (East Coast Life Sciences Institute, Gangneung-Wonju National University)
- Received : 2016.06.26
- Accepted : 2016.08.22
- Published : 2016.08.31
The growth characteristics of Paeonia ostii 'Fengdan' seedlings roots in response to trichokonins-spray treatment were investigated in this study. One-year-old seedlings of P. ostii 'Fengdan' were potted in plastic cups containing garden mold and grown under field conditions. The results showed that application of trichokonins significantly promoted root growth in P. ostii 'Fengdan' seedlings. The total root projection area, total root surface area, total root volume, total root length, root number and root diameter of seedlings treated with 0.25 mg/L trichokonins were higher by 141.70, 116.59, 119.44, 55.97, 348.88 and 127.78%, respectively, than that of the control. Thus, the results supported the hypothesis that good growth condition for roots could directly improve their nutrient absorption and utilization efficiency, promoting plant growth and development.
Paeonia ostii 'Fengdan';Trichokonins;Root characteristics
- Chen, B. Q., Qu, H. Y., Liu, L. M., 2007, Effect of trichoderma HT-03 on growth of tomato seedlings, China Vegetables, 4, 19-21.
- Chen, D. M., Guo, N., Guo, S. X., 2010, Effect of arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi on growth and some physiological indices of paeonia suffruticosa, Acta Bot. Boreal, 30(1), 0131-0135.
- Cheng, F. Y., Du, X. J., 2008, Effect of chilling and gibberellic acid on the seed germination and seedling growth in paeonia ostii 'Fengdan', Acta Horticulturae Sinica, 35(4), 553-558.
- Dong, P., 2014, Research on the control mechanism of trichokonins against gray mold on phalaenopsis (D), Liaocheng University.
- Huang, Y. K., Luo, M., Jiang, L. K., 2003, The effect of trichoderma harziaiarum on the rice nitrate reductase activity and N,P,K,content, Microbiology, 30(6), 13-15.
- Li, H. Y., Luo, Y., Zhang, X. S., 2014, Trichokonins from trichoderma pseudokoningii SMF2 induce resistance against gram-negative pectobacterium carotovorum subsp. carotovorum in Chinese cabbage, FEMS Microbiology Letters, 354(1), 75-82. https://doi.org/10.1111/1574-6968.12427
- Song, X. Y., Shen, Q. T., Xie, S. T., 2006, Broad-spectrum antimicrobial activity and high stability of trichokonins from trichoderma koningii SMF2 against plant pathogens, FEMS Microbiology Letters, 260(1), 119-125. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1574-6968.2006.00316.x
- Wang, W., Zhao, Q., Yang, W., 1997, Antagonism of Trichoderma viride T2 against soil borne fusarium pathogens, Chinese Journal of Biological Control, 35(2), 179-183.
- Zhu, Y. J., Zhang, X. S., Mu, H. M., 2014, Effect of trichokonins on seedlings root growth of sophora japonica, 34(8), 69-73.