- Volume 52 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Distribution of mackerel, Scomber japonicus eggs and larvae in the coast of Jeju island, Korea in spring
춘계 제주 주변해역 고등어, Scomber japonicus 난·자치어 분포현황
- LEE, Seung-Jong (Jeju Fisheries Research Institute, National Institute of Fisheries Science) ;
- KIM, Jong-Bin (East Sea Fisheries Research Institute, National Institute of Fisheries Science) ;
- HAN, Song-Hun (Jeju Fisheries Research Institute, National Institute of Fisheries Science)
- Received : 2016.02.03
- Accepted : 2016.05.13
- Published : 2016.05.31
The distribution of eggs and larvae of mackerel, Scomber japonicus was examined in the coast of Jeju island, Korea in spring from April to May in 2013 and May to June in 2014. In the monthly variations of mean abundances, as a whole, mackerel eggs were observed abundantly in April, 2013, and mackerel larvae were observed abundantly in June, 2014. Especially, high densities over
Mackerel;Scomber japonicus;Egg;Jeju island;Spawning ground
Grant : 제주주변 연근해어업 및 환경생태 조사
Supported by : 국립수산과학원
- Cha SS and Park KJ. 1994. Distribution of the Ichthyoplanktion in Kwangyang Bay. Korean J Ichthyol 6(1), 60-70.
- Chun YY, Hwang SJ, Hur YH and Han KH. 2004. Characteristics of the Distribution of Ichthoplankton along the Eastern Coast of Korea. Korean Soc Fish Res 6(2), 33-45.
- Go YB, Go GM and Kim JM. 1991. Occurrence of Fish Larvae at Hamduck Coastal Area, Northern Part of Cheju Island. Korean J Ichthyol 3(1), 24-35.
- Han KH and Kim DG. 2007. Quantitative Variation and Species Composition of Ichthyoplankton in Coastal Waters of Uljin, Korea. Korean J Ichthyol 19(4), 332-342.
- Han KH, Hong JS, Kim YS, Jeon KA, Kim YS, Hong BK and Hwang DS. 2003. Species Composition and Seasonal Variations of Ichthyoplankton in Coastal Waters of Yeongil Bay, Korea. Korean J Ichthyol 15(2), 87-94.
- Ji HS and Kim JK. 2010. Molecular and Morphological Identification of Ophichthid Leptocephali from the South Sea of Korea. Korean J Ichthyol 22(4), 279-284.
- Ji. HS, Yoo JT, Ryu JH and Kim JK. 2011a. Molecular Identification and Morphological Development of Auxis (Scombridae) Larvae. Korean J Fish Aquat Sci 44(6), 677-683. (DOI:10.5657/KFAS.2011.0677) https://doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2011.0677
- Ji. HS, Lee SJ and Kim JK. 2011b. Molecular Identification, Ontogeny and Evolutionary Note of Echelus uropterus Leptocephali. Korean J Ichthyol 23(3), 217-224.
- Kim JK, Kang CB, Ahn G, D. Oki, Kim YU and Tabeta O. 2005. Distribution of Fish Larvae and Juveniles in the East China Sea and the Yellow Sea in Spring during 1994-1997. J Korean Fish Soc 38(1), 29-38.
- Kim JY. 1992. Relationship Between anchovy, Engraulis japonica, Egg and Larval Density and Environmental Factors in the Eastern Waters of Korea. Bull Korean Fish Soc 25, 495-500.
- Kim JY and Lo NCH. 2001. Temporal Variation of Seasonality of Egg Production and the Spawning Biomass of Pacific anchovy, Engraulis japonicus, in the Southern Waters of Korea in 1983-1994. Fish Oceanogr 10(3), 294-310.
- Kim JY, Lim YJ, Choi SG, Cha HK, Kim EL, Oh J and Lee TW. 2004. Ditribution of Major Commercial Fish Larvae in the Southern Sea and Jeju Island of Korea in Spring. Korean J Ichthyol 16(2), 141-148.
- Kim SH and Rho HK. 1997. A Study on the Residual Current in the Cheju Strait. J Korean Fish Soc 30, 759-770.
- Kim SH and Pang IC. 2005. Distribution and Caracteristic of Transport Mechanism of Eggs and Larvae of Anchovy, Engraulis japonica, in the Southwestern Sea of Korea in July and November, 2001. J Korean Fish Soc 38(5), 331-341.
- Kimura M. 1980. A Simple Method for Estimating Evolutionary Rate of Base Substitutions through Comparative Studies of Nucleotide Sequence. J Molecule Evolution 16, 111-120. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01731581
- Lee SJ and Kim JK. 2014. Identification of Trichiurus (Pisces: Trichiuridae) Eggs and Larave from Korea, with a Taxonomic Note. Fish Aquat Sci 17(1), 137-143. (DOI:10.5657/FAS.2014.0137) https://doi.org/10.5657/FAS.2014.0137
- Lee SJ and Go YB. 2005. Occurrence and Distribution of the Eggs and Larvae of Anchovy, Engraulis japonicus, in Jeju Strait, Korea, with Descriptions of Environmental Characteristics. J Oceanogr 61, 603-611. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10872-005-0068-5
- Lee SJ, Go YB and Kim BJ. 2006. Seasonal Variation of Species Composition and Distribution of Fish Eggs and Larvae in the Western Part of Jeju Island, Korea. Korean J Ichthyol 18(2), 129-140.
- Lie HJ, Cho CH, Lee JH, Lee S and Tang Y. 2000. Seasonal Variation of the Cheju Warm Current in the Northern East China Sea. J Oceanpgr 56, 167-211.
- NFRDI. 2013. Ecology and Fishing Ground of Fisheries Resources in Korean Waters. NFRDI, Busan, 401.
- Okiyama M. 1988. An Atlas of the Early Stage Fishes in Japan. Tokai University Press, 1154.
- Pang IC, Rho HK and Kim TH. 1992. Seasonal Variations of Water Mass Distribution and Their Causes in the Yellow Sea, the East China Sea and the Adjacent Seas of Cheju Island. Bull Korean Fish Soc 25(2), 151-163.
- Park JH and Rho S 2002. Study of the Fish Fauna Associated with Drifting Seaweed in Northeastern Coastal Waters of Cheju Island. Korean J Ichthyol 14(1), 36-44.
- Ratnasingham S and Hebert PDN. 2007. BOLD: the Barcode of Life Data System. http://www.barcodinglife.org. Molecular Ecology Notes 7, 355-364. (DOI:10.1111/j.1471-8286.2006.01678.x) https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1471-8286.2007.01678.x
- Tamura K, Peterson D, Peterson N, Stecher G, Nei M and Kumar S. 2011. MEGA5: Molecualr Evolutionary Genetics Analysis Using Maximum Likelihood, Evolutionary Distance, and Maximum Parsimony Methods. Molecular biology and evolution, 28(10), 2731-2739. (DOI:10.1093/molbev/msr121) https://doi.org/10.1093/molbev/msr121
- Ward RD, Zemlak TS, Innes BH, Last PR and Hebert PDN. 2005. DNA Barcoding Australia's Fish Species. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society of London. Series B, Biological Sciences, 360, 1847-1857. https://doi.org/10.1098/rstb.2005.1716
- Yoo JM and Kim JK. 1991. The Ecological study of Fish Larvae in the South Sea, Korea. KORDI Report, BSPE 00190-323-3, 230.
- Zhang J. 2011. Species identification of marine fishes in China with DNA barcoding. Evidence-based complementary and alternative medicine, 2011, 978253 (DOI:10.1155/2011/978253) https://doi.org/10.1155/2011/978253