- Volume 52 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A study for behavior analysis of rockfish (Sebastes inermis) corresponding to the LED light by image analysis
영상분석을 통한 LED 광원에 대한 볼락 (Sebastes inermis)의 행동 연구
- HEO, Gyeom (Department of Fisheries Physics, Pukyong National University) ;
- KIM, Min-Son (Department of Marine Science& Production, Kunsan National University) ;
- SHIN, Hyeon-Ok (Division of Marine Production System Management, Pukyong National University)
- Received : 2016.03.17
- Accepted : 2016.05.17
- Published : 2016.05.31
In order to establish the basic data for the active use of the LED light source in the aquaculture industry, the experiment about the behavior of rockfish (Sebastes inermis) corresponding to the LED light was conducted by image analysis. LED lights for the experiment were one red light (wave length: 622 nm; light power: 811 mW) and two green lights (wave length: 518 nm; light power: 648 mW, wave length: 518 nm; light power: 810 mW). Behavior of the rockfish was analyzed using a moving distance (MD5) for 5 minutes where MD5s during the period of feeding were 20.0 m, 19.6 m, 16.3 m and 20.5 m in the ch1, ch2, ch3 and ch4. At the sunrise, mean MD5 of the entire channel about right before and right after were 6.3 m and 8.2 m. At the sunrise, mean MD5s of the entire channel about right before and right after were 13.6 m and 12.0 m. In the ch1, ch2 and ch3, mean MD5s during the period of 24 hours were 13.2 m, 9.6 m and 6.8 m at experiment 1and 5.2 m, 3.8 m and 2.9 m in the experiment 2.
LED;Behavior;Rockfish;Analysis of images
- Choi CY. 2013. Development of the high valued product of marine fish using an environmental-friendly LED light. Korea Maritime University.
- Choi HJ, Hong KP, Oh SY, Noh CH, Park YJ, Myoung JG, Kim JM, Hur JW, Zhang CI and Park IS. 2005. Growth Characteristics of Cultured Dark-Banded Rockfish, Sebastes inermis Cuvier. J Aquaculture 18(3), 147-153.
- Chyung MK. 1977. The Fishes of Korea. Il-Ji Sa Publishing Co, Seoul, 107-108.
- Hatanaka MY and KK Iizuka. 1962. Studies on the fish community in the Zostera area-III. Efficiency of production of Sebastes inermis. Jap Fish Soc 28, 305-313. https://doi.org/10.2331/suisan.28.305
- Kane AS, Salierno JD and Brewer SK. 2005. Fish models in behavioral toxicology: Automated techniques, updates, and perspectives. Ostrander, Gk, ed. Lewis Publishers, Boca Raton, FL, 559-590.
- Kim YU and Han KH. 1993. The early life history of the rockfish, Sevastes inermis. 1. Egg development and morphology of larvae by artificial treatment in aquarium. J Korean Fish Soc 26, 458-464.
- Kim YU, Han KH and Byun SK. 1993. The early life history of the rockfish, Sebastes inermis. 2. Morphological and skeletal development of larvae and juveniles. J Korean Fish Soc 26, 465-476.
- KORDI. 1997. A study for the marine ranching program in Korea. Ecosystem management model and stocking technique. Korea Ocean Research and Development Institute, Bachelor of Science in Physical Education, 97602-00-1073-3, 361.
- Lee TY and Kim SY. 1992. Reproduction and embryonic development within the maternal body of ovoviviparous teleost, Sevastes inermis. Bull Korean Fish Soc 25, 413-431.
- MOMAF. 2004. Studies on the Development of Marine Ranching Program in Tonyeong, Korea. Ministry of Maritime Affairs and Fisheries, Seoul, Korea, 1-1125.
- MOMAF. 2006. Studies on the Development of Jeonnam Archipelago Marine Ranching Program in Korea. Ministry of Maritime Affairs and Fisheries, Seoul, Korea, 1-640.
- NFRDI. 2007. Effects of Released Fisheries Resources in 2007. National Fisheries Research and Development Institute, 1-256.
- Volpato GL, Bovi TS, Freitas RHA, Silva DF, Delicio HC, Giaquinto PC and Barreto RE. 2013. Red light stimulates feeding motivation in fish but does not improve growth. PLOS ONE 8, 1-5.