- Volume 25 Issue 1
Case Report : 3 Cases of CPM Combined with Korean Medical Treatment for Knee Joint Rehabilitation
한방 치료를 병행한 슬관절 재활 CPM 증례보고 3례
- Ha, Hyunju (Dept. of Korean Rehabilitation Medicine, College of Korean Medicine, Daejeon University) ;
- Kim, Myeongkyu (Dept. of Korean Rehabilitation Medicine, College of Korean Medicine, Daejeon University) ;
- Lee, Chiho (Dept. of Korean Rehabilitation Medicine, College of Korean Medicine, Daejeon University) ;
- Oh, Minseok (Dept. of Korean Rehabilitation Medicine, College of Korean Medicine, Daejeon University)
- Received : 2016.08.08
- Accepted : 2016.08.15
- Published : 2016.08.20
Objectives : The aim of this study was to report the cases of knee injury that are treated with both CPM and Korean medicine. Methods : We treated 3 patients who had knee joint pain and gait disturbance by knee injuries with Korean medicine and CPM treatment. We evaluated the outcomes by checking NRS, ROM, Lysholm knee score, walking state and other symptoms. Results : The NRS, ROM, Lysholm knee score, and other symptoms of 3 patients were improved before they. These results show possibilities of simultaneous treatment of Korean medicine and CPM. But there is a limit that the number of cases is not sufficient, and there was no long-term follow-up after discharge. Conclusions : Simultaneous treatment of Korean medicine and CPM has an effect on knee joint rehabilitation. Further studies are needed to prove the effectiveness of Korean medicine combined with CPM.
- The society of Korean medicine rehabilitation. Oriental rehabilitation medicine. Koonja. 3rd edition. 549-563. 2011.
- Suk S.I., Lee C.K., Baek G.H., Song K.S., Lee M.C., Lee H.M., et al. Orthopedics. 7th edition. 994. 2013.
- Jung C.Y., Kim E.J., Hwang M.S., Cho H.S., Kim K.H, Lee S.D. et al. The research of Pain and Functional Disability Assessment Scales for Knee Joint Disease. The Journal of Korean Acupuncture & Moxibustion Society. 27(2): 123-142. 2010.
- Hyun S.S., Kim E.K., Kim E.J., Chae H.J., Ko Y.H., and Lee M.Y. The effect of music therapy on pain and anxiety after CPM exercise in surgical patient of skeletal and muscle wound. Clinical Nursing Research. 9(2); 93-108, 2004.
- Park S.Y. The effect of adjuvant cold therapy before continuous passive motion on pain management in elderly total knee replacement patients. Unpublished master's thesis. Catholic University of Pusan. Busan. 2011.
- SALTER, Robert B. Continuous passive motion: from origination to research to clinical applications. Journal of rheumatology. 31: 2104-2105. 2004.
- Kim M.C., Ha N.R. and Lee W.C. Effect of Continuous Passive Motion of the Knee Flexion Contracture Patients by Psychotropic drugs. Korean society of health sciences. 10(2): 93-98. 2013.
- Jang Y.W. Effects of Isokinetic Rehabilitation Exercise in Short-Term for Thigh Muscle Function after Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction. The Korea Journal of Sports Science. 22(3): 1141-1151. 2013.
- KIM C.G., Lee. J.H., CHO D.C., Moon S.J., Park T.Y., Ko Y.S., et al. Korean Medical Rehabilitation for Total Knee Replacement. Journal of Korean Medicine Rehabilitation. 24(1): 111-118. 2014.
- LEE G.H., KIM Y.J., Park S.H., LEE H.S. and CHO H.A. A Study on the rehabilitation equipment for knee joint. Journal of the Korean Society of Manufacturing Technology Engineers. 22(3)_1spc: 509-517. 2013. https://doi.org/10.7735/ksmte.2013.22.3.509
- Lee G.H., Kim Y.J., Park S.H., Lee H.S., and Cho H.A. A Study on the Rehabilitation Equipment for Knee Joint. Journal of the Korean Society of Manufacturing Technology Engineers. 22(3_1spc). 509-517. 2013. https://doi.org/10.7735/ksmte.2013.22.3.509
- Kim T.Y., and Kim S.J. Modern Interpretation on Kinesiology of Yangsaeng-Doinbub Presented in [ J e b y u n g w o n h u r o n . Huhrobyungjehu]-Dealing with Knee Joint, Nuchal Area and Upper Extremity. Journal of Korean Medicine Rehabilitation. 26.1: 63-77. 2016. https://doi.org/10.18325/jkmr.2016.26.1.63
- Korean Society of Chuna manual Medicine for Spine & Nerves. Chuna manual medicine. 29-30. 2012.
- Korean Society of Chuna manual Medicine for Spine & Nerves. Chuna manual medicine. 76. 2012.
- Doh M.H, and Kim T.Y. Effects of the moxibustion therapy on the pain decrease and joint recovery with degenerative knee arthritis. Kor. J. Oriental preventive medical society. 13(1): 81-91. 2009.
- Oh J.H., Jin K.H. and Noh M.B. Conservatively treated isolated medial collateral ligament injury of the knee joint. Journal of the Korean orthopaedic association. 35(2): 251-256, 2000.