- Volume 4 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Dual-hop Routing Protocol for Improvement of Energy Consumption in Layered WSN Sensor Field
- Song, Young-Il (R&D Division, AIRCODE) ;
- LEE, WooSuk (Department of Plasma Bioscience and Display, KwangWoon University Graduate School) ;
- Kwon, Oh Seok (Department of Plasma Bioscience and Display, KwangWoon University Graduate School) ;
- Jung, KyeDong (Ingenium college of liberal arts, KwangWoon University) ;
- Lee, Jong-Yong (Ingenium college of liberal arts, KwangWoon University)
- Received : 2016.04.14
- Accepted : 2016.05.20
- Published : 2016.06.30
This paper proposes to increase the node energy efficiency, which rapidly drops during the transmission of L-TEEN (Layered Threshold sensitive Energy Efficient sensor Network protocol), using the method of DL-TEEN (Dual-hop Layered TEEN). By introducing dual-hop method in the data transmission, the proposed single-hop method for short-range transmission and multi-hop transmission method between the cluster heads for remote transmission was introduce. By introducing a partial multi-hop method in the data transmission, a single-hop method for short range transmission method between the cluster heads for remote transmission was introduces. In the proposed DL-TEEN, the energy consumption of cluster head for remote transmission reduces and increases the energy efficiency of sensor node by reducing the transmission distance and simplifying the transmission routine for short-range transmission. As compared the general L-TEEN, it was adapted to a wider sensor field.
Supported by : KwangWoon University
- S. Mahfuz and F. Yesmin, An Approach To Wireless Nano Sensing Network Routing Protocol Based On Energy And Lifetime, INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF SCIENTIFIC & TECHNOLOGY RESEARCH VOLUME 3, ISSUE 2 FEBRUARY 2014 (2014), 127-130.
- J. Al-Karaki and A. Kamal, Routing techniques in wireless sensor networks: a survey, IEEE Wireless Communications, (2004), 6-28.
- S. Cho, B. Shrestha, S. Shrestha, J. Y. Lee, and S. J. Hong, Energy Efficient Routing in Wireless Sensor Networks, International Journal of Advanced Smart Convergence 3(2) (2014) 1-5.
- V. Katiyar and N. Chand and G. C. Gautam and A. Kumar Improvement in LEACH Protocol for Large-scale Wireless Sensor Networks, PROCEEDINGS OF ICETECT 2011 (2011), 1070-1075.
- N. Sindhwani and R. Vaid V LEACH: AN ENERGY EFFICIENT COMMUNICATION PROTOCOL FOR WSN, Mechanica Confab, February-March 2013 (2013), 79-84.
- J.Y. Lee and K.D. Jung and B.Shrestha and J.S. Lee Energy Efficiency Improvement of the of a Cluster Head Selection for Wireless Sensor Networks, International Journal of Smart Home, (2014), .9-18.
- W.B. Heinzelman and A. Chandrakasan and H. Balakrishnan, Energy-Efficient Communication Protocol for Wireless Microsensor Networks, Proceedings of the 33rd Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, (2000).
- Q. Liao and H. Zhu An Energy Balanced Clustering Algorithm Based on LEACH Protocol, Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference On Systems Engineering and Modeling (2013), 72-77.
- C.R.Lin, M.Gerla, Adaptive Clustering for Mobile Wireless Networks, IEEE JOURNAL ON SELECTED AREAS IN COMMUNICATIONS, (15, 7), SEPTEMBER 1997, (1997), 1265-1275 https://doi.org/10.1109/49.622910
- W.B. Heinzelman, Application-Specific Protocol Architectures for Wireless Networks, A Doctor's thesis (2000), 57-58.
- C.Weng, C.Chen, C.Ku, A Minimum Transmission Energy Consumption Routing Protocol for User-Centric Wireless Networks, SI International 2011 (2011), 1143-1148.
- Y.I.Song, J.S.Lee, K.D.Jung And J.Y.Lee, Energy efficiency Hierarchical Multi-hop Routing protocol for Wireless Sensor Network, Advanced and Applied Convergence & Advanced culture Technology (2014), 148.
- S.K.Singh, M.P.Singh, D.K.Singh, Energy Efficient Homogenous Clustering Algorithm for Wireless Sensor Networks, International Journal of Wireless & Mobile Networks ( IJWMN ), August 2010, (2010), 49-61 https://doi.org/10.5121/ijwmn.2010.2304
- R. Rajagopalan, P.K. Varshney, Data aggregation techniques in sensor networks: A survey, (2006)