- Volume 27 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Air Purification of Smoking Booth Using Photocatalytic Process and Air Filter
광촉매공정과 필터를 이용한 흡연부스 공기정화연구
- Kim, Tae-Young (Department of Environmental Engineering, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Cho, Yeong-Tae (Department of Environmental Engineering, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Kim, Jae-Yong (Department of Environmental Engineering, Chungbuk National University)
- Received : 2016.06.28
- Accepted : 2016.07.11
- Published : 2016.08.10
The current study evaluated the air quality of the smoking booth equipped with the air purification system consisting of photocatalysts and air filters by measuring the concentrations of hazardous substances of tobacco smoke such as CO, HCHO,
Supported by : 충북대학교
- J. M. Lim and J. H. Lee, Indoor air quality pollution of PM2.5 and associated trace elements affected by environmental tobacco smoke, J. Korean Soc. Environ. Eng., 36(5), 317-324 (2014). https://doi.org/10.4491/KSEE.2014.36.5.317
- Environmental Protection Agency, Respiratory Health Effects of Passive Smoking: Lung Cancer and Other Disorders, EPA/600/ 6-90/006F, Washington:Environmental Protection Agency, Office of Research and Development, Office of Air and Radiation, USA (1992).
- J. M. Lim, J. H. Jeong, J. H. Lee, J. H. Moon, Y. S. Chung, and K. H. Kim, The analysis of PM2.5 and associated elements and their indoor/outdoor pollution status in an urban area, Indoor Air, 21, 145-155 (2011). https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-0668.2010.00691.x
- R. W. Boubel, D. L. Fox, D. B. Turner, and A. C. Stern, Fundamentals of Air Pollution, 3rd ed., 203-206, Academic Press, California, USA (1994).
- Y. H. Yoon, J. C. Joo, H. S. Ahn, and S. H. Nam, Analyses of the current market trend and research status of indoor air quality control to develop an electrostatic force-based dust control technique, J. Korea Acad. Ind. Coop. Soc., 14(12), 6610-6617 (2013). https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.12.6610
- J. S. Park, C. H. Kim, J. J. Lee, J. H. Kim, U. H. Hwang, and S. D. Kim, Astudy on the chemical mass composition of particle matter in seoul, J. Kor. Soc. Urban Eng., 10(3), 293-303 (2010).
- National Research Council, Environmental Tobacco Smoke: Measuring Exposures and Assessing Health Effects, National Academy Press, Washington DC, USA (1986).
- W. Ott, P. Switzer, and J. Robinson, Particle concentrations inside a tavern before and after prohibition of smoking: Evaluating the performance of an indoor air quality model, J. Air Waste Manag., 46(12), 1120-1134 (1996). https://doi.org/10.1080/10473289.1996.10467548
- L. Wallace, Indoor particles: a review, J. Air Waste Manag., 46(2), 98-126 (1996). https://doi.org/10.1080/10473289.1996.10467451
- K. Slezakova, M. C. Pereira, and M. C. Alvim-Ferraz, Influence of tobacco smoke on the elemental composition of indoor particles of different sizes, Atmos. Environ., 43(3), 486-493 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.atmosenv.2008.10.017
- A. Bohlandt, R. Schierl, J. Diemer, C. Koch, G. Bolte, M. Kiranoglu, H. Fromme, and D. Nowak, High concentrations of cadmium, cerium and lanthanum in indoor air due to environmental tobacco smoke, Sci. Total. Environ., 414, 738-741 (2012). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2011.11.017
- T. Y. Jeon and J. Y. Kim, Removing Malodor Using Photocatalyst and Infrared, J. Kor. Soc. Environ. Eng., 36(8), 528-533 (2014). https://doi.org/10.4491/KSEE.2014.36.8.528
A. Wold, Photocatalytic properties of titanium dioxide (
$TiO_2$). Chem. Mater., 5(3), 280-293 (1993). https://doi.org/10.1021/cm00027a008
- A. Fujishima, T. N. Rao, and D. A. Tryk, Titanium dioxide photocatalysis, J. Photochem. Photobiol. C., 1(1), 1-21 (2000). https://doi.org/10.1016/S1389-5567(00)00002-2
- R. W. Matthews, Hydroxylation reactions induced by near-ultraviolet photolysis of aqueous titanium dioxide suspensions. J. Chem. Soc., Faraday Trans. 1., 80(2), 457-471 (1984). https://doi.org/10.1039/f19848000457
- M. R. Hoffmann, S. T. Martin, W. Choi, and D. W. Bahnemann, Environmental applications of Semiconductor photocatalysis, Chem. Rev., 95(1), 69-96 (1995). https://doi.org/10.1021/cr00033a004
- G. Kleiser and F. H. Frimmel, Removal of precursors for disinfection by-products (DBPs)-differences between ozone-and OHradical-induced oxidation. Sci. Total Environ., 256(1), 1-9 (2000). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0048-9697(00)00377-6
W. Y. Choi, Studies on
$TiO_2$Photocatalytic Reactions, J. Korean Ind. Eng. Chem., 14(8), 1011-1022 (2003).
- K. C. Jung and S. C. Hong, A study on removal of VOC and odor using ozone in photocatalytic reaction system. J. Korean Ind. Eng. Chem., 14(5), 671-679 (2003).
- W. H. Glaze, W. W. Eckenfelder, A. R. Bowers, and J. A. Roth, Chemical Oxidation: Technologies for the Nineties, 3rd ed., 1, Technomic Publishing, Lancaster, USA (1993).
J. H. Park, A study on Photocatalytic Degradation of Noxious Gases in Indoor Using
$TiO_2$Photocatalyst, Master's Thesis, Kyonggi University, Suwon, Korea (2010).
Y. J. Lee, Degradation of Formaldehyde in Indoor Air by
$TiO_2$/UV, Master's Thesis, Chungang University, Seoul, Korea (2000).
G. H. Kim, Photocatalytic Degration of Formaldehyde Using
$TiO_2$Film Manufactured by CFBCVD, Master's Thesis, Sunchon University, Sunchon, Korea (2007).
R. A. Aziz and I. Sopyan, Photocatalytic decomposition of acetaldehyde gas on
$TiO_2$film, Indian J. Chem. Technol., 20, 137-144 (2013).