- Volume 27 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Synthesis and Characterization of Pyridinium Dinitramide Salt
피리디니움 디나이트라아마이드염의 합성과 특성연구
- Kim, Wooram (Department of Applied Environmental Science, Kyung Hee University) ;
- Kwon, Younja (Department of Applied Environmental Science, Kyung Hee University) ;
- Jo, Youngmin (Department of Applied Environmental Science, Kyung Hee University)
- Received : 2016.05.19
- Accepted : 2016.06.23
- Published : 2016.08.10
A new solid oxidizer, pyridinium dinitramide (Py-DN) is a low toxic energetic material which can be utilized as a HPGP (high performance green propellant). In this work, Py-DN was synthesized using various starting materials including potassium sulfamate, pyridine hydrochloride, strong nitric acid and sulfuric acid. Physical and chemical properties of the Py-DN were characterized using UV-Vis, FT-IR and a thermal analyzer and their properties were compared to those of previously prepared salts including ammonium dinitramide[ADN,
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- A. S. Gohardani, J. Stanojev, A. Demairee, K. Anflo, M. Persson, N. Wingborg, and C. Nilsson, Green space propulsion: Opportunities and prospects, Prog. Aerosp. Sci., 71, 128-149 (2014). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.paerosci.2014.08.001
- K. M. abhay, Recent advances in development of eco-friendly solid composite propellants for rocket propulsion, Res. J. Chem. Environ., 14(3), 94-103 (2010).
- R. Martin, Green propellants, PhD Dissertation, Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden (2010).
- W. R. Kim, Y. J. Kwon, Y. M. Jo, and S. T. Jung, Synthesis of organic salt oxidizer, guanidine dinitramide, J. Korean Oil Chem. Soc., 31(3), 345-351 (2014). https://doi.org/10.12925/jkocs.2014.31.3.345
- D. Amariei, L. Courtheoux, S. Rossignol, and Y. Batonneau, Influence of the fuel on the thermal and catalytic decompositions of ionic liquid monopropellants, 41th AIAA Joint Propulsion Conference, July 10-13, Tucson USA (2005).
- X. K. Yang, K. Z. Xu, F. Q. Zhao, X. Yang, H. Wang, and J. R. Song, Thermal behavior, specific heat capacity and adiabatic time-to-explosion of GDN, Chem. Res. Chinese Universites, 25(1), 76-80 (2009).
- O. A. Luk'yanov, V. P. Gorelik, and V. A. Tartakovsky, Dinitramide and its salts, Russ. Chem. Bull., 44, 108-112 (1995). https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00696969
- A. Langlet, H. Ostmark, and N. Wingborg, Method of preparing dinitramidic acid and salts thereof, US Patent 5,976,483 (1999).
- C. Vorde and H. Skifs, Method of producing salts of dinitramidic acid, US Patent 7,981,393 B2 (2011).
- W. R. Kim, Y. J. Kwon, and Y. M. Jo, Enhancement of yield and purity of ADN by separation technic, Proceedings of Applied Chemistry for Engineering. April 30-May 2, Jeju, Korea (2014).
- J. Oliveria, M. Nagamachi, M. Diniz, E. Mattos, and R. Dutra, Assessment the synthesis routes conditions for obtaining ammonium dinitramide by the FT-IR, J. Aerosp. Technol. Manag., 3(3), 269-278 (2011). https://doi.org/10.5028/jatm.2011.03033311
- M. Katcka and T. Urbanski, Infrared absorption spectra of quaternary salts of pyridine, Bull. Pol. Acad. Sci. Chem., 12(9), 615-621 (1964).
- T. S. Jo, Synthesis and characterizations of pyridinium salts including poly(pyridinium salt)s and their applications, PhD Dissertation, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, USA (2012).
- S. Lobbeche, T. Keicher, H. Krause, and A. Pfeil, The new energetic material ammonium dinitramide and its thermal decomposition, Solid State Ionics, 101, 945-951 (1997).
- R. Yana, P. Thakre, and V. Yang, Thermal decomposition and combustion of ammonium dinitramide, Combust. Explos. Shock Waves, 41(6), 657-679 (2005). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10573-005-0079-y
- C. K. Kim, J. C. Yoo, and B. S. Min, Impact sensitivity of HTPE & HTPB propellants using friability test, J. Korean Soc. Propul. Eng., 15(1), 29-34 (2011).
- J. N. Kim, M. J. Kim, and B. S. Min, Synthesis and crystallization of hydrazinium nitroformate (HNF) as eco-friendly oxidizer, J. Korean Soc. Propul. Eng., 19(4), 69-76 (2015). https://doi.org/10.6108/KSPE.2015.19.4.069
- 5 N Scale Preliminary Thruster Test with an ADN-based Monopropellant vol.22, pp.2, 2018, https://doi.org/10.6108/KSPE.2018.22.2.029