- Volume 27 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Preparation of Feed Glass Materials for Producing a Foamed Borosilicate Glass Body from Waste LCD Panel
폐 LCD판넬로부터 붕규산유리 발포체 제조를 위한 원료 유리 제조
- Oh, Chi-Hoon (Department of Chemical Engineering, Dankook University) ;
- Park, Yoon-Kook (Department of Chemical Engineering, Dankook University) ;
- Lee, Chul-Tae (Department of Chemical Engineering, Dankook University)
- Received : 2016.04.19
- Accepted : 2016.05.25
- Published : 2016.08.10
In this article, the foamed body of glass was manufactured from the waste borosilicate glass produced by wet pulverization process without additional pretreatment which can be used as a recycling method for waste LCD panel glass. Each 100 g of pulverized waste borosilicate glass with the size of less than 270 mesh were mixed with 0.3 weight fraction of carbon and 1.5 weight fraction of
- G. C. Stevens and M. Goosey, Materials Used in Manufacturing Electrical and Electronic Products. In: R.E. Hester and R.M. Harrison, (des.). Electronic Waste Management, 40-74, Royal Soc. of Chem., Cambridge (2008),
- B. Kopacek, ReLCD : Recycling and Re-Use of LCD Panels, Proceedings of 19th Waste Management Conference of the IWMSA. (Waste Con 2008), October 6-11, Durban, South Africa (2008).
- S. Kiyoshi and N. Tadashi, Method for treating waste liquid crystal Panel, JP Patent 3 589 936 (2004).
- K. Yamabuchi, T. Komoda, K. Kaida, A Izumi, T. Horiuchi, S. Takabe, and T. Katayama, Method and device for parting glass substrate, liquid crystal panel, and liquid crystal panel manufacturing device, PCT/JP2002/011540 (2003).
- H. Takatsu, Investigation activity and data on safety of liquid crystal materials, Mol. Cryst. Liq. Cryst., 364, 171-186(2001). https://doi.org/10.1080/10587250108024986
- R. Martin, B. Simon-Hettich, and W. Beckedr, Safe Recovery of Liquid Crystal Displays (LCDs) in compliance with WEEE, Electronics Goes Green 2004, 147-151 (2004).
- T. Homma, T. Ubusawa, T. Furuyama, A. Morikaku, and K. Tanaka, Process for recycling useful metal, JP Patent 2,241,381 (2008).
- R. Martin, Use of Liquid Crystal Displays and Methods for Their Utilization, EU. Patent 2 082 817 (2009).
- LCD Industries Research Committee, Japan Electronics and Information Technology Industries Association: Recycling of LCD Panel, http://home.jeita.or.jp/device/lirec/english/enviro/recycle.htm.
- C.-T. Lee, The Recycling of Waste Glass-Manufacture of Foamglass and its Prospect, Prospect. Ind. Chem., 3, 1-15 (2000).
- C.-T. Lee, J.-S. Lee, S.-Y. Lee, and M.-H. Jang, Physical and Chemical Properties of Waste LCD Glass as Raw Materials for the Production of Foamglass, J. Korean Ind. Chem., 20(3), 266-272 (2009).
- C.-T. Lee, T.-M. Park, and J.-M. Kim, Foaming Process of Waste LCD Glass for the Recovery of Valuable Materials from Waste LCD Pannel, Appl. Chem. Eng., 23(2), 195-203 (2012).
- C.-T. Lee, Produdction of alumino-borosilicate foamed glass body from waste LCD, J. Ind. Eng. Chem., 19(6), 1916-1925 (2013). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jiec.2013.02.038
- C.-T. Lee, Preparation of spherical foamed body with function of media for waste water treatment by using waste LCD glass, J. Ind. Eng. Chem., 20, 3089-3095 (2014). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jiec.2013.11.048
- Preparation of Borosilicate Foamed Glass Body with Sound Absorption Characteristics by the Recycling Waste Liquid Crystal Display Glass vol.27, pp.6, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14478/ace.2016.1092