- Volume 27 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Current Status of Thermoelectric Power Generation Technology
열전발전 기술의 현황
- Lee, Jae Kwang (Center for cHemical Energy Storage System, Research Institute for Solar and Sustainable Energies, Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST)) ;
- Kim, Jin Won (Center for cHemical Energy Storage System, Research Institute for Solar and Sustainable Energies, Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST)) ;
- Lee, Jaeyoung (Center for cHemical Energy Storage System, Research Institute for Solar and Sustainable Energies, Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST))
- 이재광 (광주과학기술원 차세대에너지연구소 화학전지연구센터) ;
- 김진원 (광주과학기술원 차세대에너지연구소 화학전지연구센터) ;
- 이재영 (광주과학기술원 차세대에너지연구소 화학전지연구센터)
- Received : 2016.07.04
- Accepted : 2016.07.07
- Published : 2016.08.10
Following the population growth and civilization, resulted in energy-mass consumption society, research efforts on enhancing efficiency of traditional energy sources has been investigated. Among many alternatives, thermoelectric power generation technologies are highlighted as one of solutions for high heat energy efficiencies. Currently, the research area of thermoelectric power generation has been achieved over two of ZT value, which seems to have enough competitiveness as following the development of nano-technologies, in particular, for waste heat recovery, and the development of thermoelectric materials is still ongoing to obtain higher energy efficiencies. In this review, the recent development of thermoelectric materials and module technologies categorized by different temperature regions was briefly introduced.
Supported by : 광주과학기술원
- J. Choi, Development trends of thermal energy storage system, DICER Report (2013).
- S. W. Kim, Nanostructure-based high-performance thermoelectric energy conversion technology, Phys. High Technol., 22, 10-14 (2013).
- J. H. We, Research on essential technologies for thermoelectric power generator using screen printing technique, Master's Thesis, KAIST, Daejeon, Korea (2012).
- I. H. Kim, Thermoelectric energy conversion technology, KIC News, 16, 18-26 (2013).
- D. W. Rowe, CRC Handbook of Thermoelectrics, 226, CRC Press, NY, USA (1995).
- K. Uemura and I. Nishida, Thermoelectric Semiconductor and Their Application, 145, Nikkan-Kogyo Shinbun Press, Tokyo, Japan (1988).
C. Park, The effect of powder oxidation on thermoelectric properties in sintered
$Bi_2Te_3$-based thermoelectric materials, Master's Thesis, Inha University, Incheon, Korea (2004).
- Z. H. Dughaish, Lead telluride as a thermoelectric material for thermoelectric power generation, Physica B, 322, 205-223 (2002). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0921-4526(02)01187-0
- E. Y. Jun, Preparation of PbTe nanomaterials via wet-chemical synthesis for thermoelectric applications, Master's Thesis, Andong National University, Andong, Korea (2010).
- K. H. Lee, J. Y. Kim, and S. M. Choi, Recent progress in Bi-Te-based thermoelectric materials, J. Korean Ceram. Soc., 52, 1-8 (2015). https://doi.org/10.4191/kcers.2015.52.1.1
- N. Lu and I. Ferguson, III-nitrides for energy production: photovoltaic and thermoelectric applications, Semicond. Sci. Technol., 28, 074023 (2013). https://doi.org/10.1088/0268-1242/28/7/074023
- KISTI, Development trend of the thermoelectric power generation materials for energy conversion (2010).
- S. I. Kim, K. H. Lee, H. A Mun, H. S. Kim, S. W. Hwang, J. W. Roh, D. J. Yang, W. H. Shin, X. S. Li, Y. H. Lee, G. J. Snyder, and S. W. Kim, Dense dislocation arrays embedded in grain boundaries for high-performance bulk thermoelectrics, Science, 348, 109-114 (2015). https://doi.org/10.1126/science.aaa4166
- S. Lee and W. S. Seo, Heat-electrical energy conversion technology and applications, Ceramist, 18, 48-55 (2015).
- MEST, Recent research trend survey of nano-based materials and devices (2013).
- M. Oh, Thermoelectric element latest research and development trends and application technology and market, Smart Coat., 14, 4-21 (2015).
- L. D. Zhao, G. Tan, S. Hao, J. He, Y. Pei, H. Chi, H. Wang, S. Gong, H. Xu, V. P. Dravid, C. Uher, G. J. Snyder, C. Wolverton, and M. G. Kanatzidis, Ultrahigh power factor and thermoelectric performance in hole doped single-crystal SnSe, Science, 351 (6269), 141-144 (2016). https://doi.org/10.1126/science.aad3749
- S. LeBlanc, S. K. Yee, M. L. Scullin, C. Dames, and K. E. Goodson, Material and manufacturing cost considerations for thermoelectrics, Renew. Sustain. Energy Rev., 32, 313-327 (2014). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2013.12.030
- A study of performance improvement of a thermoelectric generation system for the coastal fishing boats vol.54, pp.3, 2018, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFOT.2018.54.3.246